PDA

View Full Version : President Ahmadinejad secures second term in office

-:Undertaker:-
13-06-2009, 02:44 PM
http://www.newyorkpersonalinjuryattorneyblog.com/uploaded_images/ahmadinejad-b-703591.jpg

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has been re-elected as president of Iran in a resounding victory, the interior minister says.

He won some 62.6% of the vote in an election marked by a high turnout of 85%, official figures show.

Supporters of pro-reform candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi have cried foul and clashed with riot police in Tehran, despite a ban on public protests.

Iran's Supreme Leader congratulated Mr Ahmadinejad on his win, and urged his rivals against "provocations".

In a statement, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei praised the high turnout and described the count as a "real celebration" and called for calm in the aftermath of the result.

Under the law of the Islamic Republic of Iran, a president can only be in office for two times in a row, this is his second election. He could return in the future but would have to remain out of office for the next term if he wanted to carry on as President.

Immenseman
13-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Rigged!!

GommeInc
13-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Meh, could be worse. Iran could be completely divided into a North and South Iran and both hate each other, at least they're mixed and the hate is shared out equally. The "good" guy looks like a decent leader, it does seem like the polls were rigged considering Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a dumb, mis-lead pig who seems to have irrational hate for... anything.

13-06-2009, 02:55 PM
To be fair, although I supported the reformer; Ahmadinejad does have a point over Israel and it does seem the only way to get the world to listen is to use harsh language over the subject. You can't really blame the Iranians for not being on good terms with us, we supported Iraq when they were at war and Iran and Iraq hated eachother, and there are various other reasons.

GommeInc
13-06-2009, 03:06 PM
To be fair, although I supported the reformer; Ahmadinejad does have a point over Israel and it does seem the only way to get the world to listen is to use harsh language over the subject. You can't really blame the Iranians for not being on good terms with us, we supported Iraq when they were at war and Iran and Iraq hated eachother, and there are various other reasons.
Suppose so, but surely they understand the monkey (George Bush) is their enemy? It seems the other guy was more interested in Irans future, while this guy just likes dwelling on the past and putting his people in danger.

13-06-2009, 03:12 PM
The issue is, Presidents have come and gone since the 1960's with the hope and intention of sorting Israel-Arab conflict out and nothing has ever happend, and I think it is just as unlikely that Obama will sort it out either. I like to support the United States and believe the United Kingdom is far closer to the United States than the unelected European Union and so we should be, but it makes me angry when we have Presidents such as George W Bush ruining any moral stance we claim we have on any issue.

Rock
13-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Seems rigged and thats why people are demanding for a re-vote

Jordy
13-06-2009, 05:06 PM
The rigged comments seem rather uncalled for, I'm yet to hear of any real grounds that the election was rigged. We should atleast give their democracy a chance, it's quite easily the most stable in the Middle East along with Israel.

luce
13-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Obviously rigged or people scared into voting for him. He claimed the holocaust never happened. That's believable. Well at least he only had one more term left unless he finds a way to change that as well.

I love how until the last minute his opponent was also claiming to have won it as well.

Jordy
13-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Obviously rigged or people scared into voting for him. He claimed the holocaust never happened. That's believable. Well at least he only had one more term left unless he finds a way to change that as well.

I love how until the last minute his opponent was also claiming to have won it as well.His opponent denies the holocaust as well, as does the majority of the population. Where's the 'obvious' evidence it was rigged or that people were 'scared' to vote for him?

Believe it or not, Iran is a lot better democracy and much more advanced country than Zimbabwe.

luce
13-06-2009, 06:08 PM
His opponent denies the holocaust as well, as does the majority of the population. Where's the 'obvious' evidence it was rigged or that people were 'scared' to vote for him?

Believe it or not, Iran is a lot better democracy and much more advanced country than Zimbabwe.

No he doesn't they were discussing it on Have i got news for you

LuketheDuke
13-06-2009, 06:51 PM
I dont know why this is such an issue with so many people on here.

After all BNP leader Nick Griffin also denies it ever happened and he won 2 seats in the European Parliament.

13-06-2009, 08:30 PM
It isn't much of an issue, to me democracy is the ability to be able to say what you wish. If I denied 9/11 or claimed it was a conspiracy like a lot of television programs do - I wouldn't go to jail for it yet with the holocaust it seems we must all forget about free speech and lock people up just as Hitler did, if they have different opinions.

I believe of holocaust happened of course I do, but I also believe in democracy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!