PDA

View Full Version : Biggest let-down game

dbgtz
13-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Just curious, what was the biggest let down of a game youve bought?
Mine would probably be sims 3 for pc.

eight
13-06-2009, 10:39 PM
fifa 94

The Professor
14-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Crash Tag Team Racing was pretty underwhelming. After playing CTR I thought those people could do racing games well... but they cant :(

Immenseman
14-06-2009, 12:13 AM
fifa 94
same, was distraught after purchase.

FlyingJesus
14-06-2009, 12:13 AM
That's a bit unfair as CTR is the best racing game ever created :P

Biggest let down I remember was FFX-2, that was truly awful

The Professor
14-06-2009, 12:23 AM
That's a bit unfair as CTR is the best racing game ever created :P

Biggest let down I remember was FFX-2, that was truly awful

Ooh snap, forgot about that one.

For me, GTA Vice City was actually a real letdown. I'd played GTA3 and San Andreas before them and they both had solid storylines and good gameplay, Vice City's story line was kinda all over the place, you seemed to go around killing people for the hell of it rather than because your character was forced into the situation. That kinda ruined the game for me, although the graphics and actual gameplay were the best in any of the GTA games.

Seany
14-06-2009, 12:38 AM
how can you say sims 3 it is amazing?!

i would say spore.

Brody
14-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Ufc:undisputed

14-06-2009, 03:46 AM
for me itd be cod waw just because i was so hyped for this game to come out, than it was the same as cod 4 but based in the past.
and i much prefer modern to olden anyday.
back on cod 4 as of now :P

Dusty-09
14-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Metal Gear Solid - I hated it, wasn't my type of game tbh but I like the story.
The Goblet of Fire as well, that was crap compared to Prisoner of Azkaban...
GTA Stories were crap aswell

Oleh
14-06-2009, 11:19 AM
CoD:WaW my clan completley reverted to this for the first month and a half, then rob went to get 65 10th prestige before january, and we just reverted completley to cod4

Havoline
14-06-2009, 01:18 PM
GTA IV

Fez
14-06-2009, 01:49 PM
GTA IV or maybe Assassin's Creed

Jibbish
14-06-2009, 04:32 PM
gotta be haze

Dinosaurawrr
14-06-2009, 05:41 PM
imo sims 3 cos of the requirements

Jackk
14-06-2009, 05:48 PM
id agree with assassins creed, there was so much hype around that game.
it was good for about an hour then things just getting repetitive.

Simmzay
15-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Resident Evil 5.

ecstasy
15-06-2009, 05:08 PM
The Bourne Supremacy

Bradley.
15-06-2009, 06:21 PM

Exactly, you just kept doing the same thing
theres a new one coming I think?

Ashley 12344
15-06-2009, 09:58 PM

I thought it was quite good. I got as much enjoyment (if not more) out of it than many other games before finding it repetitive.

Don't really think GTA IV is a letdown anymore, I did at first.
Compared to many of the games I play its superb. The flaws on a hell of a lot of games are PS1esque.

Jam
16-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Even though I love it, Pokémon Emerald. I knew it was still Hoenn but I just wasnt expecting that much repatition.

The Professor
16-06-2009, 04:42 PM
I thought it was quite good. I got as much enjoyment (if not more) out of it than many other games before finding it repetitive.

Don't really think GTA IV is a letdown anymore, I did at first.
Compared to many of the games I play its superb. The flaws on a hell of a lot of games are PS1esque.

Thats what annoys me about games these days; its far more about rushing the next title out with slightly better graphics or some gimmick than making the games halfway decent. At least when mistakes were PS1-esque back in the days of the PS1 it was because a company tried to do something vaguely innovative and fell on their arse. These days its just lack of proper development and refinement because they can "fix it in a patch". I hate that mentality.

</rant>

Kieeran
16-06-2009, 04:47 PM

For me, GTA Vice City was actually a real letdown. I'd played GTA3 and San Andreas before them and they both had solid storylines and good gameplay, Vice City's story line was kinda all over the place, you seemed to go around killing people for the hell of it rather than because your character was forced into the situation. That kinda ruined the game for me, although the graphics and actual gameplay were the best in any of the GTA games.

considering vice city was out before san andreas its going to be a let down :S

for me it would probably be pro evo 09 i used to rly like pro evo then that just made me return to fifa

Niall!
18-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Gears of War 2, I don't know why, I loved the original but disliked the sequel.

Sunny.
18-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Assisins Creed or GTA IV [I miss flying aeroplanes on GTA]

Scouse
18-06-2009, 03:02 PM
far cry 2, pro evo 09 & need for speed pro street.

dbgtz
18-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Planes would be pointless on IV, the maps too small *cough* xbox *cough* not enough space *cough*

Josh-H
18-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Guitar Hero World Tour possibly. Fallout 3 possibly. Unreal Tournament 3 possibly.

drama
18-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Spore, GTA IV and I would say CoD: WaW but it wasn't that much of a let down, I just much preffered CoD4

CJW93
18-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Halo 3 ewwww

GommeInc
18-06-2009, 08:45 PM

San Andreas came out after Vice City :P It's no wonder Vice City seemed less interesting to you - no planes and barely any helecopters! Vice City was quite decent for me, and San Andreas seemed a better game because of Vice City and the differences between the two (how San Andreas was more advanced and so on).

Not sure what game was a failure for me... I can only think of GTA IV because of how it went backwards in terms of gameplay and story. The Simpsons: Road Rage was dreadful but I never had any high hopes for that so that probably doesn't count... I guess I shall go with GTA IV.

Oh, and I agree with your rant on games that aren't innovative. The 360 and PS3 have all that power to make a HUGE, amazing game yet don't. I can't quite describe it, it's just games are getting repetitive now, I demand loads of action, flying and using the world as an oyster (wooo!) The Wii I'm not too fussed about, as it doesn't claim to be the best at everything - it's humble :)

Wahey
18-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Guitar Hero World Tour kind of let me down

Callum.
18-06-2009, 09:30 PM
gears of war 2. I couldn't believe how much they messed up.

Lost_Addict
19-06-2009, 11:13 AM
gears of war 2. I couldn't believe how much they messed up.

For me they onley serveley messed up online --- so i never played it but i LOVED the story line.

For me it would be probably Hells Highway i was looking forward to it played it for about 30 mins and thought it was crap lol. but TBH i dont get dissapointed by most games as i find most fun enough to play :P

Callum.
19-06-2009, 08:20 PM
For me they onley serveley messed up online --- so i never played it but i LOVED the story line.

For me it would be probably Hells Highway i was looking forward to it played it for about 30 mins and thought it was crap lol. but TBH i dont get dissapointed by most games as i find most fun enough to play :P

although I'm yet to complete it (on act 3) as I'm more of an online man, online was what I was referring to.

going from a really good matchmaking system, to a crap one. i loved being able to stay in a player match with 5 friends and 3 random guys for hours. now, you never play the same team.

I guess it's just because when a game is really good, you get even high expectations, and it's worse when they are not fufilled.

Mint
20-06-2009, 11:21 PM
ufc let me down because of the fighting on the floor being so annoying!

J0SH
22-06-2009, 02:44 AM
Hannah Montana

PaulMacC
22-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Call of Duty: World at War.

dbgtz
22-06-2009, 07:27 PM
At least modern warfare 2 will be good :D
Just learn theyre having a co-op challenge mode, sounds like nazi zombies in a more realistic manner :P Gonna be seek :P

PaulMacC
23-06-2009, 08:13 AM
I feel like playing WAW for a bit now lol, but yeah was a big let down for me. Espesically the whole game is basically SMGs.

crazed
23-06-2009, 09:52 AM
The lost game was an epic fail.

I don't see how solving little fuse puzzles helps save every1 but w.e

I like gears 2 :O The story line is amazing :)

Berch
23-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Damnation.
Looks really good ended up being.. OK.

Shoovers
23-06-2009, 06:16 PM
COD:WAW

Poor poor game

Scouse
23-06-2009, 06:18 PM
COD:WAW

Poor poor game

so you prefer far cry 2

Shoovers
23-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Whats that got to do with cod?
But no cos that was the biggest waste of £20 and cod was the biggest waste of £37

Scouse
23-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Whats that got to do with cod?
But no cos that was the biggest waste of £20 and cod was the biggest waste of £37

coz ya only posted cod and not far cry

Shoovers
23-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Ye cos I thought Cod was gonna be good, i didn't know anything about far cry before I bought it. Thats why I put cod as the biggest let down

RedOktane
01-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Mine had to be James Bond for the Wii.

COD WaW for the wii was good, because we never had any decent fps's for the wii.

Now, The Conduit is out, so it now looks like a high quality 360/ps3 game..

Bungie is to 360, as Killzone is to ps3, as High Voltage is to Wii. :D

dbgtz
02-07-2009, 09:11 AM
@scouse you can't be let down for a game which u had no expectations for.

Maczorx
03-07-2009, 07:05 AM
WAW, I literally traded it back in 2 hours after getting it.

Dusty-09
03-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh I got another HP: GoF SUCKS Compared to POA it was CRAP :eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall Still have it though :S

Callum.
05-07-2009, 01:21 PM
I take it back that GoW2 is the biggest let down.

I do think it was a let down, but I'm really enjoying it atm

The Professor
07-07-2009, 06:15 PM
considering vice city was out before san andreas its going to be a let down :S

for me it would probably be pro evo 09 i used to rly like pro evo then that just made me return to fifa

Not necessarily. I didn't really have any intention of playing vice city because I loved GTA3 as the basic 3D GTA and enjoyed san andreas because there were loads of things to play around with (planes, quad bikes etc). My friends kept telling me how amazing it was (even after san andreas had been out for a while) and eventually I found it in gamestation for like £3 so I picked it up. Compared to the idyllic paradise my friends had spoken about, it was kinda boring and disjointed.

Smurtz
08-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Far Cry 2.
Where do I begin?

GommeInc
08-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Not necessarily. I didn't really have any intention of playing vice city because I loved GTA3 as the basic 3D GTA and enjoyed san andreas because there were loads of things to play around with (planes, quad bikes etc). My friends kept telling me how amazing it was (even after san andreas had been out for a while) and eventually I found it in gamestation for like £3 so I picked it up. Compared to the idyllic paradise my friends had spoken about, it was kinda boring and disjointed.
Of course they would say they liked it and find it great, they played it before San Andreas. It's one of those games where you play it in sequence with other games of the same title, GTA 3 > Vice City > San Andreas - they would say it was great because it's the bridge between GTA 3 (which lacked planes) to San Andreas (which was filled with them) gap. You just didn't buy it right (which isn't a problem, it just makes the game less interesting as it should be and it's your experience with it which counts, so we can't really argue :P).

There does seem to be quite alot of new games which are coming out as let-downs... It does make me wonder what has gone wrong, I was talking about The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess (not a letdown, just an example) and how good that would be if they made it realistic like the market in Hyrule had characters doing their own little things and every now and then (on rare occasions) a special event like someone stealing from the shop and you have to chase them - something small like that. Same with GTA4, I was expecting small things like nearly all the buildings being open to go into (shops, business centres etc) and watching small event unfold, like a man or woman dropping down and being carried off in an ambulance. Basically, less robotic, more realistic.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!