PDA

View Full Version : Recommend scary films

Moh
14-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Yeah, I'm crap when it comes to horror films, so does anyone know of any that will scare the living crap out of my friend.. and probably me ^_^

Possibly freaky scary?

lPinoy
14-06-2009, 10:18 AM
i can come up with a few;
1408, the ring, the grudge?

Art
14-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Ummmmmmm

Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
Scream is kind of scary BUT THEYRE AWESOME MOVIES :D

Do you want jumpy stuff or what??

Silent Hill?

Toughened
14-06-2009, 11:38 AM
It depends of the type of horror you want. Like real life stories such as The Strangers and the Exorcist, or fictional things like monsters which is Dawn of the Dead, Creep and The Hills Have Eyes, or gruesome things where you see body parts being chopped and such like Texas Chain Saw Massacre and SAW.
I prefer the real life stories myself and that's why I would recommend The Strangers. It makes them that little more scary but that's just a personal opinion.

ifuseekamy
14-06-2009, 11:40 AM
The Ring, the hills have eyes, the omen, the exorcist, jacob's ladder, the grudge, the shining, signs, a nightmare on elm street

Shinigami
14-06-2009, 07:25 PM
I recently saw a french film called 'Them' set in Romania. It was quite tense. And if you want to see something in the cinema I recommend 'Drag Me To Hell'. Not really scary but had a few jumpy moments and I really enjoyed it :)

Misawa
14-06-2009, 07:36 PM
It's hard for me to answer because literally no film scares me. I'm not being "tough" or whatever, hah, I've just seen everything there is to see, so nothing phases me. I guess Rec would probably be a good one that's easy to get hold of.

Shinigami
14-06-2009, 07:40 PM
It's hard for me to answer because literally no film scares me. I'm not being "tough" or whatever, hah, I've just seen everything there is to see, so nothing phases me. I guess Rec would probably be a good one that's easy to get hold of.

Ah I loved Rec

BobX
14-06-2009, 08:10 PM
definatly not Hostel or hostel 2, they are more comedies then horror, they dont even make you jump really...

Drag me to hell, The strangers [if u want a jumpy film]

NOT SCREAM, THOSE FILMS ARE SCARY FOR LIKE 4 YEAR OLDS AND NO-ONE OLDER.

Moh
14-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks, i have downloaded the grudge 3, The Decent and the Exorcist.

Might download some more soon :)

Misawa
14-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Nooooooo, don't download.

I hated The Descent. Neil Marshall's only made one good film, Dog Soldiers.

Stick to the original Korean The Grudge films, not the horrible American remakes.

Cyndia
14-06-2009, 08:42 PM
28 days later is decent if you like the zombie/disease sort of storyline.

And I agree with Misawa - the Korean originals of the grudge are WAAY scarier than the American remakes!

Moh
14-06-2009, 08:59 PM

Stick to the original Korean The Grudge films, not the horrible American remakes.
I found the Descent really creepy. And I know that film will scare the living crap out of my friend :)

28 days later is decent if you like the zombie/disease sort of storyline.

And I agree with Misawa - the Korean originals of the grudge are WAAY scarier than the American remakes!
Ohh, theres an original grudge ^_^

28 days later isn't scary, I can watch that on my own.. Im watching 28 weeks later on my own now in fact :P

ifuseekamy
14-06-2009, 10:43 PM

9/10 cases the original is far better. I think the remake of Hills Have Eyes is better than the original though.

Toughened
14-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks, i have downloaded the grudge 3, The Decent and the Exorcist.

Might download some more soon :)
Damn The Decent sucks.

Misawa
14-06-2009, 11:38 PM
The Descent 2 is coming, and Neil Marshall may direct Predators. I hope to God he doesn't, Doomsday was a cinematic abortion.

Art
14-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Holy crap I HATED Doomsday sooo much. That was the weirdest film ever. I thought it was about zombies! :(

Misawa
14-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Why Malcolm McDowell ever signed up to have a part in it I'll never know. Mind you, he also decided to star in the Halloween reboot.

RandomManJay
15-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Not particularly scary but I liked it :P The Devil's Chair.

Vause
15-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Drag me to hell is good, I saw it the day it came out and it's pretttyy scary. The film IT scares me simply cos I dislike clowns.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!