PDA

View Full Version : Confidence in being attractive

Phreedom
15-06-2009, 06:27 AM
I sometimes lose confidence and feel like sometimes I'm not attractive towards girls... I am towards some but it's never to anyone pretty. I'm just kinda confused on what should I think about to boost my confidence.. sometimes they don't want JUST personality too... I'm kind of the same way, but I want them to be pretty.. I'll try to explain more if you don't understand it.

Immenseman
15-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I get what you mean but at the end of the day you can't physically change what you look like, you are what you are and you have what you have. If a girl doesn't want you because of what you look like then you don't want to be with her anyway.

At the end of the day just be happy with who you are because it's not going to change over night. Sure you can change your hair style or work out to alter your physique but nothing drastic is going to change so just be confident in your appearance :)

DaveTaylor
15-06-2009, 11:33 AM
To add to what Immenseman said, just be who you are, if a girl doesn't like you for that reason, then she really isn't worth it, the world now adays is all about perfection due to magazines and media in general. There is always someone that will find you attractive, you might have a cute smile or something, a girl always find something, just some are too up themselves to bother trying to find it. Again just be yourself and simply have fun, enjoy yourself, don't bother about what people think.

Jackk
15-06-2009, 12:35 PM
if all fails, plastic surgery.

Wig44.
15-06-2009, 08:01 PM
if all fails, plastic surgery.

Which is costly, has risks, hurts like a ***** and looks horrible anyway. Having that horrible plastic face is.. horrible.

Absently
15-06-2009, 08:24 PM
i hate guys who are really confident =/

Cyndia
15-06-2009, 11:40 PM
yeah I agree with innitbbs - overconfident guys can be too cocky sometimes!

but back to the question - just be yourself like everyone is saying. personality does play a big part, and a girl can still fall hard for you even if you don't think you look super attractive. beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. and if you really want a confidence boost then just get some new clothes or a new hairstyle or something that you like, that tends to give most people a bit of a boost, which could give you the confidence to start acting more sure of yourself. keep it up and eventually, you'll start acting much more confident 24-7!

Charli
16-06-2009, 12:44 AM
i had a giant crush in primary school on a guy named jeffrey. he was so cute and he had a really big head. literally, his head was HUGE. everyone used to laugh at him but when i talked to him he totally embraced it. we were friends for a while and he used to say dumb things like 'do you only like me for my big head?'. he played up his quirkiness (some would have considered it a flaw) and that's what i loved about him!
i think if you embrace what you look like other people will react positively too. try not to fake it though. go look in the mirror and find something you love about yourself (there's gotta be something you like) then think of that feature whenever you get talking to girls.
also.. i don't believe in the stigma that 'pretty people' only date other 'pretty people'. go for who you like! don't lower your standards just because you feel you are somehow inferior. im sure alot of the 'pretty girls' have insecurities too - they probably just don't voice them..
ultimately, you don't want to date a shallow person. find someone who challenges you, makes you feel good about yourself and loves you for you. don't settle for anything less.

leah
16-06-2009, 09:11 AM
You just need to relax around girls, Guys that are really nervous arw a bit weird for girls and guys who are full of themselves we don't like either. If you just relax and be yourself i'm sure you'll find confidence.

camera
16-06-2009, 12:49 PM
focus on building your self-confidence/esteem whatever **** you call it. then you can move on from there.

FlyingJesus
16-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Maybe you're just not fit

buttons
16-06-2009, 09:48 PM
what u girls talkin bout over confidence is attractive in a guy unless they're ugly then just don't do it

Niall!
17-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Sure, I'm not the nicest looking guy I know, but I don't let it bother me because that's just the way it is. Girls like me because I take life easy, you'll mostly find me lying in the grass with my mates just having a laugh and not stressing about anything, ever.

Edit: Yeah, the girls that posted in this thread are pretty much lying through their front teeth. If they had a choice between a meek half fit guy and an attractive cocky guy, they'd be getting cocky with him.

Soy
17-06-2009, 08:44 PM
being confident > being shy

being shy > being cocky

FlyingJesus
17-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Girls like me

lmao be serious

Phreedom
19-06-2009, 08:03 AM
i mena i know im not ugly but maybe i just lack confidence in girls cause im one of those people that are down on themselves for one little mistake.. still working on that.

Bouncing
25-06-2009, 04:54 PM
tbh you can be good looking but your personality isn't :P, I mean you could be a nice person and a really good trustworthy friend, but a girl likes someone edgy cheeky horrible sometimes its so weird, but you can't suddenly do that it will seem weird if you were to

//Tom
28-06-2009, 02:48 AM
yeah like will on the inbetweeners.

Nxrissa
28-06-2009, 05:32 PM
i think i know what you mean. your like me 50/50 sort of thing on personality and looks. just focus on being yourself dont try to change anything theres nothing more you can do.

melon.
07-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Which is costly, has risks, hurts like a ***** and looks horrible anyway. Having that horrible plastic face is.. horrible.

*REMOVED*

Edited by :Mobile (Forum Moderator): Please do not post inappropriately.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!