PDA

View Full Version : project bluebird - simple discussion board

Johno
15-06-2009, 03:53 PM
hey :)

just started my last year of school, and for one of my courses (specifically, advanced higher computing) my task is to develop a software solution. a few days previous to actually starting the course I had an idea for a simple discussion board and thus project bluebird was born.

so I began talking to some people who I thought might have some knowledge on the subject and looked for their opinions on the idea. for the most part people thought the idea was pretty good, so I waited patiently to speak to Chris about designing a layout.

and here we are, Chris asked me to post the layout to see what you guys thought and what you think can be improved :) ill use this thread to also keep people updated on the board and seek your opinions on features that would be useful.

Thanks!

Live Preview: www.zoidec.com/projects/bluebird/web (http://www.zoidec.com/projects/bluebird/web)

N.B - I realise there is a slight issue for those who use 800x600 and 1024x768 resolutions, issues should be resolved by tomorrow :)

Monopoly
15-06-2009, 03:59 PM
i approved of this. :)
just hope the rest looks as good as what we have so far.

Excellent2
15-06-2009, 05:28 PM
http://www.grabup.com/uploads/d8ca73ddb40c8f137848278667126e1b.png
Looks good but that needs to be sorted :P

Johno
15-06-2009, 05:29 PM
ooh, thats unusual! what browser are you using?

Source
15-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Count me in for any help you may need :)

Johno
15-06-2009, 06:07 PM
thanks, much appreciated :) could you possibly PM me with an msn address or an email so I can get in touch if need be?

l3etrayed
15-06-2009, 09:25 PM
If anyone else sees any errors with how the page is being displayed, even if it's something that you think doesn't look quite right then let me know. Was a pretty quick job coding as Johno was pushing his luck :P Only Joking...

For those who are thinking "where the hell have you been?!" I've been completely bogged down with exams but now that's all over so i'll be restarting all my half finished projects and taking on any new projects. I'm available for any freelance design work also if anyone wants.

Johno
15-06-2009, 09:26 PM
ok, I have found that the error with the login boxes occurs on a few browsers. Told chris about it and I think he is going to have a look at it tomorrow :)

Thanks for pointing it out!

edit: I would say more wouldn't stop pestering you until it was done haha :)

Mentor
15-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Honestly i'm not a fan of the side by side categorys view, usability wise i fine the standard one after the other approach, going down the page such as in most forum software, is much easier to work with and results in a better looking more accessible end result.

I also dont really like having the footer glued to the screen area.

Good luck with the project, hopefully should win you some impressive marks :p

Fehm
16-06-2009, 10:24 AM
I really like that! Welldone :) Looks amazing tbh

Excellent2
16-06-2009, 11:46 AM
ooh, thats unusual! what browser are you using?FF2 -Longer-

CANNIBALEX
18-06-2009, 07:15 AM
What exam board are you on? I'm now on A2 ICT and through my entire studies, a software development task is always a complex spreadsheet or a database

Johno
18-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Im from Scotland, so im with the SQA. if anyone is interested, development of the actual backend should be beginning from next wednesday as my macbook is away in getting fixed and I will only therefore be able to work on it when I go into college with the school.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!