PDA

View Full Version : Anime Summer Wars

Neversoft
15-06-2009, 10:12 PM
http://halcyonrealms.com/blogpics/swars01.jpg

If you've seen The Girl Who Leapt Through Time then you might be pleased to know that this movie (Summer Wars) is made by the same people. Same director, same script writer, same character designer, same animation company, same everything! Therefore it can immediately be expected to be one of the best movies this year. If you're umfamiliar with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time then I suggest you watch it. In my opinion, it is the best anime movie ever made, and also one of the best movies ever made. Period. It made me cry. Nuff said.

Here is the synopsis

When timid eleventh-grader and math genius Kenji Koiso (Ryunosuke Kamiki) is asked by older student and secret crush Natsuki (Nanami Sakuraba) to come with her to her family’s Nagano home for a summer job, he agrees without hesitation. Natsuki’s family, the Jinnouchi clan, dates back to the Muromachi era (1336 to 1573), and they’ve all come together to celebrate the 90th birthday of the spunky matriarch of the family, Sakae. That’s when Kenji discovers his “summer job” is to pretend to be Natsuki’s fiance and dance with her at the birthday celebration. As Kenji attempts to keep up with Natsuki’s act around her family, he receives a strange math problem on his cell phone which, being a math genius, he can’t resist solving. As it turns out, the solution to the mysterious equation causes a bizarre parallel world to collide with Earth, and it’s up to Kenji and his new fake family to put reality back in order.

...and both the teaser trailer and the full trailer that was released yesterday can be viewed here (http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/stellar-first-trailer-for-mamoru-hosodas-summer-wars/). Unfortunately the trailer hasn't been subbed yet but forget the dialogue... it looks amazing! It's release date in Japan is the 1st of August. Hopefully it'll get a DVD release around or just after December, then it'll get subbed in no time.

ADD THIS TO YOUR PLAN TO WATCH LIST PEOPLE - THIS MOVIE IS DEFINITELY ONE TO CHECK OUT!!!!!

Another movie that caught my attention is CENCOROLL.

http://twitchfilm.net/site/images/uploads/cencoroll-poster.jpg

It's been a while in the making, mainly because the entire film is being made by one guy, but hopefully a release date is near. The trailer looks amazing - watch it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9GtU3xwLBQ).

Baioslaio
14-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Just posting here about cencoroll :P
Been waiting for it a pretty long time, the trailer has got sum nice animation ;)

Neversoft
14-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Just posting here about cencoroll :P
Been waiting for it a pretty long time, the trailer has got sum nice animation ;)

Woohoo a comment! Indeed it does. It's been such a long wait though... the trailer was posted on YouTube at the beginning of 2007, it's now the middle of 2009. I know it's only being made by one guy with probably a few assistants but surely they can't have been far off completion by the time the trailer was released. I hope the wait is worth it.

Niall!
14-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Movie release for cencoroll is august 22nd 2009

Neversoft
03-12-2009, 02:05 PM
The DVD rip for Summer Wars is finally out! There have been syncing problems with the audio and subs though. Don't bother downloading the V1, nor the V2. Download the original .avi raw and then the V1 subs, then open the subs manually using VLC Player. Should work fine. All of the files needed are on Tokyo Toshokan.

Anime News Network gave Summer Wars a pretty much perfect review. They gave every aspect a solid A, except for music which got a B+. They ended the review with "Incredibly entertaining, and intriguingly intelligent. Accessible and fast-paced. Pretty much perfect" and said the only bad thing about it was that "You are not watching it right this second." Aparrently it's better than The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, which is saying something! Wish my download would hurry up. :P

PaulMacC
03-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Give me a link to the torrent.

Neversoft
03-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Find it yourself.

I just got done watching the movie, and I absolutely loved it! I thought it was pretty much on par with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, if not a little better. A huge, fantastic cast of characters and some of the best and most unique animation I've seen in a while. An incredibly unique story as well. Couldn't have been more enjoyable. Recommended.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!