PDA

View Full Version : Firewall help needed! +Rep

Cyndia
16-06-2009, 04:05 AM
So I tried logging into habbo earlier today for the first time in several weeks, and when I tried to load up the hotel I would see the navy blue screen where 'loading..' appears, and then it would go straight to a black screen (though I can still see the banner at the top saying how many habbos are logged in). I looked through the faq's and I've basically come to the decision that its my firewall settings that are preventing habbo from loading. I might be wrong (in which case, please feel free to suggest what you think is messing it up). I don't know how to change it.. Any help you can give me would be fantastic! Oh, and I use a Mac with either Safari or Firefox as my browser.

Absently
16-06-2009, 04:10 AM
that happened to me the other day but i just updated my shockwave and it worked fine then lol.

Unloyal
16-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Uninstall shockwave and re-install it.
If that doesn't work, and you changed any security settings (Anti-virus or firewall) unless they're of importance - change em' back.

Cyndia
16-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I just tried uninstalling and installing, and I still am just getting the initial adobe director loading bar, and then once it loads it goes to a black screen. And I don't think I changed any security settings.. The only difference I can think of is that I'm using a different wireless network since I moved. I don't know, does anyone have any other suggestions? +rep to you guys for your ideas.

Cyndia
16-06-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't know if this helps but I have Symantech/Norton.

And I was looking at the faq's for habbo and it says that the habbo client is on the following:

Server name: www.habbohotel.com
IP: 69.90.139.102
Ports: 38100, 38101

Can anyone give me a short walkthrough on how to allow that IP to access those ports??

Laggings
17-06-2009, 01:38 AM
What version of Norton?

Cyndia
18-06-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure, but somehow it was working when I tried getting online yesterday lol. It probably was the shockwave reinstall.

Thanks for the help guys.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!