PDA

View Full Version : Best Indie Films?

Cyndia
16-06-2009, 04:12 AM
I'm looking for some indie films to rent off netflix to watch with a guy friend thats really into them.. And I sort of want to be able to impress him with some good suggestions, haha. Anyone got anything to recommend?? Foreign, Comedic, or Romantic Indies are probably the best. Or just one thats intensely moving, or was so fantastic it's a must see. +Rep for any suggestions I end up renting. :)

Misawa
16-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Any film made by the company Troma, especially Terror Firmer, The Toxic Avenger, Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead. There are many all-time classics that were made independently and became sensations, like The Evil Dead, Reservoir Dogs and Monsters Ball. Also pretty much any Bruce Campbell film, like Bubba Ho-tep. Faaar too many to just pick out a few, but the above are some great choices, mainly comedy-horror.

LuketheDuke
16-06-2009, 02:51 PM
If Clerks is termed as an indie film (i aint sure?) you should give it a try, very funny.

Misawa
16-06-2009, 03:27 PM
If Clerks is termed as an indie film (i aint sure?) you should give it a try, very funny.

It is indeed. You either love Kevin Smith or you hate him.

superstar911
16-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Closing The Ring, Mischa Barton is very good in that movie, one of my favourite Indie films.

Neversoft
16-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Garden State was pretty good. Punk Drunk Love is kind of a mix of both indie and mainstream, but it's brilliant. I hear Into The Wild is a must see as well.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!