PDA

View Full Version : Port Rerouting Proxy +REP

Chippiewill
17-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Currently I am at school a lot of the time at the moment doing nothing, so I am using my laptop a lot, I managed reletivly easily to get onto blocked sites thanks to Tor, however I really want to get Steam working, sadly my school blocks a lot of ports so It is very hard to get steam working and I can't force it through Tor because it needs to be on a specific port, I can however force it through any proxy I can access thanks to a program I have. However that still doesn't help me as I need to be able to get it on to a different port. I was wondering if I set up a proxy on my home network whether or not I could get it to reroute the port from say port 443 (So I don't hae to use 80) to the good old port that steam used, I do know that It uses other ports for steam friends e.t.c. however that's not so important (Although I can address as well by somehow remotely making it change the ports after I have logged in)

Does anyone know of any proxy software/way to do this?

+REP to anyone who helps (Unless I need to spread, in which case I will add you to my list)...

eight
17-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Google Port Proxys

Chippiewill
17-06-2009, 03:52 PM
didn't help....

Tomm
17-06-2009, 03:53 PM
If your network administrators are crap then you can setup a SSH server at home and use PuTTY to setup a tunnel over SSH.

Alternatively you can locate a SOCKS proxy server and use something like FreeCap (http://www.freecap.ru/eng/) to proxy all TCP/UDP traffic over it.

Chippiewill
17-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Steam hates proxies, I have tried Freecap, it doesn't like other ports...

No idea about tunnels and ssh so enlighten me!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!