PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Car Crash

Mint
18-06-2009, 09:46 AM
My brothers friend known as Wally was racing a motorbike in his Noble and crashed into a Clio injuring 3 woman, one of them is mentally damaged for life because of brain injuries. He was my brothers good friend and is extremely upset about what he has done to the woman, he was just your average boy racer. He told my brother how he tried braking and with it being a noble it has no ABS so just carried on skidding into it.

Racing pair jailed for road crash

Wharmby and Unwin did not know each other when they started racing
Two motorists who raced each other before crashing and seriously injuring three people have been jailed.
Lee Unwin, 38, on a motorbike, and Joel Wharmby, 24, in a sports car, caused a crash with a another car in Rochdale.
One of the passengers in the car would never fully recover from her injuries, Manchester Minshull Street Court heard.
Unwin was convicted of dangerous driving and jailed for two years for the crash in 2007. Wharmby pleaded guilty and was jailed for 16 months.
Unwin, of Oriel Close, Chadderton, was on a Suzuki motorbike at traffic lights when he saw Wharmby, of Victoria Street, Littleborough, in a Noble M12 GT0, a low-slung sports car.
Prosecutor Robert Smith said: "The two defendants then engaged in an episode of competitive driving."
The vehicles raced at around 70mph in a 40mph zone when Wharmby spotted a Renault Clio turning right, the court heard.
He said Wharmby braked, causing the tyres to screech and smoke, before the Noble collided with the near side of the Renault Clio.

The Noble sports car hit the Clio injuring three people
The Clio was knocked into the air and spun around while its three backseat passengers were flung out.
Unwin stopped for a few moments at the scene in Manchester Road, Rochdale, before driving off.
Samantha Butterworth, 34, suffered severe traumatic brain injuries and will never lead a normal life, the court heard.
Her friends Reanne Fraser, 24, and Gemma Chauhan, 25, suffered ruptured organs and fractured bones and spent up to two months in hospital.
Recorder Paul Reid QC said of Ms Butterworth: "Your driving amounted to racing or competitive driving as you each tried to out-accelerate each other.
"The lives of three other people and those close to you have been devastated as a result of your conduct."
Both men were banned from driving for three years.
The Recorder said the the two-year maximum sentence for dangerous driving was "hopelessly inadequate".
Pc Martin Slater, of Greater Manchester Police's Road Policing Unit, said: "Their stupid, childish actions have ruined not just Samantha's chances of living a normal life, but have greatly affected her family's happiness too.
"The fact Unwin left the scene of this terrible collision, when three innocent women had been thrown from their car, is inexcusable and it is only by the grace of God that no one was killed."

This was from the BBC news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8070931.stm

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45832000/jpg/_45832487_race_car_gmp226.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45832000/jpg/_45832486_racepair_gmp_226.jpg
Joel Wharmby on the left (noble driver) and Lee Unwin on the right (motorbike rider)

Misawa
18-06-2009, 10:14 AM
It's not fatal, no one died.

May they both rot in a cell.

.:.:jjm261:.:.
18-06-2009, 11:18 AM
One word..

Fool.

Ssrly.. It was gonna happen, 70 in a 40 area..

CJW93
18-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Tell your brothers friend he is a ****** from me please

Mint
18-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I agree with you all, an innocent woman's life has been ruined forever, as well as 2 other innocent woman that where seriously injured. But this is what can happen when boy racers crash. He could easily of been doing well over 100 with it being such a top end performance car. I haven't met him since the crash but he genuinely is really upset about what he has done. You have to look at the situation through his eyes though, all he was doing was racing like thousands of other boy racers do every night.

CJW93
19-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Shouldn't of been racing. Accident waiting to happen

Mint
19-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Shouldn't of been racing. Accident waiting to happen

Try saying that to all the boy racers out there.

syko2006
19-06-2009, 11:43 PM
To all boy racers out there.
Stop racing unless you wanna' end up like that ***.
What a complete waster.
Condolences to the persons injured and families.

Jackk
19-06-2009, 11:54 PM
they should get more than 2 years for that.
and you live near me if you live in rochdale haha.

Misawa
20-06-2009, 03:22 AM
They always end up injuring or killing people, but the survive themselves.

Berch
20-06-2009, 05:40 AM
They always end up injuring or killing people, but the survive themselves.

It's the way it always seems to be.

Mint
20-06-2009, 09:59 AM
they should get more than 2 years for that.
and you live near me if you live in rochdale haha.

Yeah I live rochdale/oldham.

Keri?!
20-06-2009, 10:03 AM
That's awful :{
seriously, it's why people shouldnt race.

DJ-Ains.T
20-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Rochdale? Amg... when was this crash? I remember seeing 2 fire engines, about 5 ambulances, police cars, and a car crushed. :/
Was this near KFC?

Mint
20-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Rochdale? Amg... when was this crash? I remember seeing 2 fire engines, about 5 ambulances, police cars, and a car crushed. :/
Was this near KFC?

You know where there use to be a massive roundabout near tesco and they filled the roundabout in, it was pretty much there. I think they where racing towards the roundabout up the road where the petrol station/subway is.

Indie-Dan
22-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Stupid idiot. I hope he's never allowed behind the wheel of a motor vehicle for a long time.

Wahey
22-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Ugh, does deserve to go to jail but sorry for it to happen to someone you know (N)

Mint
22-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Ugh, does deserve to go to jail but sorry for it to happen to someone you know (N)

I think he's inside for 16 months and is banned from driving for like 2 years. Can't remember if I read that in the news or someone told me. :P

N!ck
23-06-2009, 01:27 PM
If he can't handle the car he shouldn't be driving it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!