PDA

View Full Version : Guitar hero 5

Bouncing
18-06-2009, 05:11 PM
So excited, think I'll buy the whole package this time instead of just the guitar although it can get boring now I have a ps3 which I have had for a while I can get downloadable content and go on online easier etc.
Release date for USA is 1st september, date isnt set for the UK yet but I'm sure it'll be between september and novemeber
SO here is the set-list that'll be on gh5

Band Of Horses
Bush
Darkest Hour
Blur
Kiss
Blink-182
Iron Maiden
Wild Cherry
Muse
The White Stripes
Jimmy Eat World
Bob Dylan
Gorillaz
Beastie Boys
The Raconteurs
Coldplay
Duran Duran
Tom Petty
Nirvana
Public Enemy Featuring Zakk Wylde
Queens Of The Stone Age
The Sword
AFI
Rush
Doors Down
Smashing Pumpkins
David Bowie
Mötley Crüe
Attack! Attack!
Dire Straits
Johnny Cash
The Derek Trucks Band
Sublime
Wolfmother
Rammstein
Beck
Garbage
Billy Squier
My Morning Jacket
Kaiser Chiefs
Brand New
Santana
Bon Jovi
Weezer
Billy Idol
Elliott Smith
A Perfect Circle
Sonic Youth
Kings Of Leon
The Bronx
Queen & David Bowie
Screaming Trees
The Killers
Vampire Weekend
TV On The Radio
John Mellencamp
Scars On Broadway
The Rolling Stones
Stevie Wonder
Face to Face
Peter Frampton
No Doubt
Iggy Pop
Spacehog
Thin Lizzy
The Police
Children of Bodom
Elton John
Arctic Monkeys
Thrice
Rose Hill Drive
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Deep Purple
Darker My Love
Jeff Beck
Love and Rockets
The Duke Spirit
Sunny Day Real Estate
King Crimson
T. Rex
Gov’t Mule
Eagles Of Death Metal
Grand Funk Railroad
Megadeth

Also it has in party mode, lets say your just playing a song and a mate suddenly comes to your house, he/she can just join in with you in the middle of the song your playing without pausing etc.

18-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Looks like a really good set of bands for this gh. Might buy the whole package.

Bouncing
18-06-2009, 05:30 PM
yeah same, also has a few other bands a lot of people know of

Neil
18-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Needs Slipknot and I'm pretty sure Avenged Sevenfold got into this one with Beast and the Harlot aswell.

18-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Needs Slipknot and I'm pretty sure Avenged Sevenfold got into this one with Beast and the Harlot aswell.

yeah i feel you, they do need slipknot in rockband or gh.

Wahey
18-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Even though not much guitar in it i hope Coldplay have Viva la Vida :D

CJW93
18-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Not buying any Guitar Hero game until either The All American Rejects or Fallout boy appear on there

Stitch
19-06-2009, 01:58 PM
I want Arctic Monkeys on Rock Band :( I won't buy this because I'll be buying The Beatles: Rock Band instead and I've given up with Guitar Hero because they release so many of them it's hard to keep up. I think they messed GH up when GHWT came out.

Oleh
19-06-2009, 06:15 PM
I think i might just buy the game and not peripherals

Neil
19-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I think i might just buy the game and not peripherals

I might get it with the guitar since I need a new one, the GH3 guitar is just no good anymore. xD

Kardan
19-06-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm actually looking forward to GH5 as they've changed the game mechanics from GH:WT and GH:M so it's a lot better to play. For example each player has their own star power now, like Rock Band, instead of the whole band sharing it in GH:WT :)

Stitch
19-06-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm actually looking forward to GH5 as they've changed the game mechanics from GH:WT and GH:M so it's a lot better to play. For example each player has their own star power now, like Rock Band, instead of the whole band sharing it in GH:WT :)
That shared star power was annoying. You build up star power then someone who kept missing the star power notes steals it :(

Dusty-09
19-06-2009, 07:07 PM
The bands are mint - but I'm a bit bored of GH theres not much of a WOW anymore like in GHIII

Oleh
19-06-2009, 07:10 PM
5 guitars 2 drums 2 mics is more than enough to be buying another set

Bouncing
20-06-2009, 03:23 PM
The bands are mint - but I'm a bit bored of GH theres not much of a WOW anymore like in GHIII

I don't think people are looking for a wow like cod or something, it's more the songs you play which make the game good or bad imo.

DJ-Ains.T
20-06-2009, 03:59 PM
great bands, but no slipknot again.

Boonzeet
20-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Guitar Hero is gonna be the new Pokémon:

You buy the same game, over and over, with different things to play with.

Unfortunately this is the only guitar hero I won't buy. I'm sick of buying the same game.

Stitch
20-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Hopefully they will stop at this one and just release DLC.

Kardan
20-06-2009, 10:17 PM
I think I'll stop at buying GH5. I can't see how they can expand on it much more? Although I'll happily keep extending my library, although I'd rather expand my Rock Band library of around 300 rather than my Guitar Hero library which is basically all the free downloads and stuff on the disc :/

Neil
20-06-2009, 11:05 PM
They really need to bring Slipknot back, it would be immense to play them on rock band or guitar hero.

Also I only buy these depending on the songs included, at the moment I can see myself getting this, Van Halen or Metallica, tempted by RB: Beatles and Lego Rock band though, at least lego rock bands a slightly new look on it.

Really they need a band simulator more than what we have at the moment, a game where you make a band with friend, play with them, earn money and a fanbase and slowly move up through the game with hundreds of songs instead of like 50, that way the game can last, they should let you choose what genre you'd like to play too, so if you want country you only play country songs, if you want metal then you only play metal etc.
It'd be alot better then you wont be forced to play rubbish songs than are either far too easy or you just don't wanna hear over and over again.

Stitch
20-06-2009, 11:09 PM
I think I'll stop at buying GH5. I can't see how they can expand on it much more? Although I'll happily keep extending my library, although I'd rather expand my Rock Band library of around 300 rather than my Guitar Hero library which is basically all the free downloads and stuff on the disc :/
I've got over 600 RB songs and the only GHWT songs I had were free ones and disc ones :P I ended up trading GHWT in.

Mint
20-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Can't wait till I get this! :)

Jam
21-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I got GH3 again to tide me over until this, not buying GH:WT when I know this is coming out.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!