PDA

View Full Version : Create free portfolio?

Dragorn
18-06-2009, 06:53 PM
I've seen some users on here have portfolio's and they look pretty sweet. Just wondering if there is a tool/site i can use to make one for free?

SunburstTech
18-06-2009, 07:42 PM
http://www.creativeshake.com/signup_quick.html
though you should design your own portfolio layout and contents within as it
should be views of your actual work rather than someone elses if you can't
design something about yourself how are you supposed to work with clients
may i ask?
Not flaming just a suggestion

Cutter
18-06-2009, 07:58 PM
maybe pixzo or freewebs

hamheyelliot
18-06-2009, 08:32 PM
The best portfolio is the one you can make yourself, but you could always buy a template and get some hosting I suppose.

maiden2k7
18-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Ignore cutter lol

Wordpress or Tumblr best imo :)

Source
18-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Give

http://www.carbonmade.com/

a go.

Swinkid
18-06-2009, 09:37 PM
maybe pixzo or freewebs

No. Just no..

Ask around the forums, im sure someone will supply you with hosting.

SunburstTech
19-06-2009, 02:31 AM
30mb.com,freehostia.com,there was another free one but i can't think of it
Paid Hosts:
Hostmonster.com
Bluehost.com (i personally use)
they are mostly unlimited so if your clients ask for a full site setup you can host your portfolio and your clients sites unlimited except mysql databases for $5 a month (if paid anually ofcourse maybe that promo is over if so i believe it's 7/Month)
or if you can deal with just ftp access and a foward/email account and you register a domain i'll put it on my account not transfer just hosting it

Cutter
19-06-2009, 12:26 PM
he said a free one, and thats free and easy to use, lol

Johno
19-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Give

http://www.carbonmade.com/

a go.
CarbonMade is awesome :) Worth giving it a go.

VirtualG
21-06-2009, 05:42 AM
First of all, i think I've started teh craz because no-one really posted anything about portfolios until i did. Second of all, portfolio,s (in this sense) are made to show your web design skills, so you would not find a portfolio maker as your job is to make them. Second of all, even if you do find a tool, no one would use it because they could make their own templates easily and because you've got no originality.

Blob
21-06-2009, 09:57 AM
First of all, i think I've started teh craz because no-one really posted anything about portfolios until i did.

No. Just no.

Second of all, portfolio,s (in this sense) are made to show your web design skills,

Not really, it could be to show off your photographs, cooking, programming skills, so if your good at one of them and don't design, then it would be easier to use a tool.

so you would not find a portfolio maker as your job is to make them. Second of all, even if you do find a tool, no one would use it because they could make their own templates easily and because you've got no originality.

Just because you have no originality. Some people can't design so how are they going to get a portfolio with no designing skills and not the money to splash out on a design?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!