PDA

View Full Version : Recent changes to Habbox Rare Values [Info]

-:Undertaker:-
19-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Thread approved by Netaxes (Habbox Rare Values Manager) and created on behalf of the Habbox Rare Values Department

Hey,

You may of noticed there are a lot of your usual super rares in the normals section of Habbox.com Rare Values. We feel it best to explain why this has been done and that there will be more changes yet to come, because as Habbo changes, Habbox also has to change.

The Payday Plus rares are the same as Habbo Club rares in the sense of how they are given out. You can pay for them, but you cannot buy them directly from the catalogue. Therefore as Habbo Club rares and Payday Plus rares were separate something was wrong. We decided it best that Payday Plus rares joined Habbo Club rares in normals as it would free up the supers page, also many already consider Payday Plus rares not real supers as they have a low value compared with many other super items.

The Red Laser Door, Security Fence, Gold Laser Gate and The Brain have also all moved to normals as they could also be bought but not bought directly from the catalogue, in essense they have a closer 'relationship' with the Payday rares and Habbo Club rares than they do with super rares.

Other changes you may notice are;

The updating of sets to accomodate these items.
The change in colour of Amber Lamps (as Habbo also changed the colouring)
The addition of the Planet of Eternity to the rare values.
The change of image for the Grandfather Clock to a better quality.
There will be more major changes as the summer rolls on as the images on Habbo are going to change very soon and will become larger, this will mean Habbox will most likely have to replace all of its images to these new larger images, which will also likely mean the end of sets on our rare values page as they will become impossible to add due to the sheer size of them. Any missing rares on Habbox should be added this summer as we are waiting for extra room on some of our pages to add these items.

Regards,
Habbox Rare Values Department

AgnesIO
19-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the update Dan!

I personally dislike the move of the Red Laser gate :D That is the only decent super rare gate (that can actually be used on petals!)

You shouldn't have to change all the pictures though imo - they are still viewable :P

May I ask for a sneaky PM with any other changes planned in the summer? :D

EDIT: You may want to consider an announcement with this post in.

19-06-2009, 09:59 AM
We have no choice in the matter really, when Habbo updates the image sizes will all change and with supers especially, we will have no choice but to have these larger images. It means we are heading for a big task though, over one thousand images to replace. It should look much better though as it will just be the rares and not the sets which do look a bit tacky. :)

AgnesIO
19-06-2009, 03:18 PM
We have no choice in the matter really, when Habbo updates the image sizes will all change and with supers especially, we will have no choice but to have these larger images. It means we are heading for a big task though, over one thousand images to replace. It should look much better though as it will just be the rares and not the sets which do look a bit tacky. :)

I don't get it though - the images will still be the same shape - just bigger!

Seems a bit pointless to why they need to be bigger just because habbo ones are? :D

Immenseman
19-06-2009, 03:21 PM
They don't have to be replaced, just looks better if they are. You could easily get people to volunteer to help because it'll be a huge job to re-collect every single image.

-Danoob-
19-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Makes sense tbh :D

i feel for you with the images, when i had to add the diner furni i did it all by myself and there were like 100-150 of em. Was like pulling teeth :P

19-06-2009, 04:02 PM
We think they will have to be replaced, because with newer rares which aren't in the catalogue (so we wouldn't be able to get a small image from catalogue) we would only be able to get a new-sized image of them, and it would look stupid having half the images in large size and the other half in small size. It would look better though as you said.

Alkaz
25-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Im not sure, but I think on my dads computer I have about 1000 images that I collected for the RV's department when Jake was manager, I am not sure I still have but if you need any then I can have a look for you :) They were never added though cause like Dan said, its painstaking work.

Good to see that some good order is taking place though :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!