PDA

View Full Version : 'X Factor' changes 'will bring more cash'

Samishlol
19-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Changes to the format of The X Factor have been designed to increase revenue for its producers, it has been claimed.

The results shows for this year's programme will reportedly be shifted to Sunday evenings, which will put it up against the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing in the schedules.

According to The Mirror, organisers hope that an extra day of voting will increase calls to the show's premium rate line and will also raise advertising revenue over the weekend.

Profits from the voting line are split between ITV, Talkback Thames and production company SyCo.

A show insider said: "Lines will open during the show on Saturday and won't close until the results on Sunday, which means lots of extra cash."

Regarding the reported six and seven-figure wages for the programme's judges, the source added: "It sounds like a lot of money in the current financial climate but X Factor is one of the jewels in ITV's crown. It is guaranteed ratings gold."

I don't see the point in the Sunday show, just for more cash.. bit stupid but I can see why as it costs alot to run.

Jackk
20-06-2009, 12:00 AM
its all about the benjamins.

Favourtism
20-06-2009, 12:45 AM
six and seven figure wages for a few months? **** me

Berch
20-06-2009, 02:42 AM
six and seven figure wages for a few months? **** me

I know they get paid all that for sitting down and judging a few people. Bet they love every second of that.

superstar911
21-06-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't see the point in the Sunday show, just for more cash.. bit stupid but I can see why as it costs alot to run.

Television is a business, they don't put things on TV for our entertainment, they will take any oppertunity they can to make more money.

As for the judges, I don't have a problem with the fact they earn so much, my issue is the fact they have the cheek to complain when crap contestants 'waste their time'. I actually want someone to audition and tell jokes instead of singing, keep telling jokes so the judges can't get a word in edgeways (No buzzers so they can't stop you :P) and then when the finally stop you, argue with them for ten minutes about the fact you though it was Britain's Got Talent and the audience where boo'ing you and you were offended. Then get your mum to come on :D.

Inseriousity.
21-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Television is a business, they don't put things on TV for our entertainment, they will take any oppertunity they can to make more money.

As for the judges, I don't have a problem with the fact they earn so much, my issue is the fact they have the cheek to complain when crap contestants 'waste their time'. I actually want someone to audition and tell jokes instead of singing, keep telling jokes so the judges can't get a word in edgeways (No buzzers so they can't stop you :P) and then when the finally stop you, argue with them for ten minutes about the fact you though it was Britain's Got Talent and the audience where boo'ing you and you were offended. Then get your mum to come on :D.

Tony, the bodyguard, is 3 buzzers in one. :P
It makes sense tbh. ITV need to use their big shows to make as much money as possible. They've had to cancel some shows because of the credit crunch and can't waste any opportunities!

Mint
22-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Don't blame them.

Money :love7:

Wahey
22-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Lol funny how they're doing auditions again in Scotland because there wasn't a crowd
Yerp all about da cash $$

Samishlol
23-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Haha. I feel sorry for the Scottish lot tbh.

Tintinnabulate
23-06-2009, 03:35 PM
So basically we will have to wait 24 hours after they sing to find out who loses?
Pretty crap tbh.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!