PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] HabbCrazy lost officialness because of BETA? ***

Moh
19-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Habbo USA revoked our Official status because we gave a BETA invite key away as a competition prize.

Where in the fansite way does it say we cannot give a BETA key, used to invite more people to the BETA away?

I mean, would someone get banned for giving away an INVITE key?

Immenseman
19-06-2009, 09:02 PM
meh that really sucks :( sorry jack x

Favourtism
19-06-2009, 09:10 PM
clubhabbo and habbox are doing the same LOL?

iDenning
19-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Gutted. Good luck on getting it back man, great site you have there!

Immenseman
19-06-2009, 09:14 PM
habbox isn't. idk about ch.

Owen.
19-06-2009, 09:14 PM

So did HFFM.....

Favourtism
19-06-2009, 09:16 PM
The other US fansites are crap as well ;\

DJ-Ains.T
19-06-2009, 09:18 PM
That is crap - contact them ASAP. I'll tell benny-2006 now. :/

Immenseman
19-06-2009, 09:20 PM
They have made it very clear on the UK anyway anyone selling or giving away BETA codes in competitions will be banned and they're for friends only. It's so people don't use it to get people to their site and so habbos don't make furni out of it. Resolves the issue of scamming by saying it can't be done.

I'm surprised you didn't get a reminder/warning though.

DJ-Ains.T
19-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Hmm that's abit nasty about the comps.

Immenseman
19-06-2009, 09:23 PM
i'm just saying from their point of view. i'm guessing that's the official line. i don't necessarily agree with it.

LOLROB
20-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Its stupid its a worthless prize for a competition which people are not paying to enter just answering a question which could be answered by a 4 year old

Habbo are not losing anything from this

Hope you become official again need any support with contacting habbo me and the people on this thread are behind you!

RedOktane
20-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Hm.. Well, the UK Hotel is ran by other staff, so other UK fansites that are giving away keys may no be demoted.

Jordulti
20-06-2009, 01:55 AM
Jack didn't tell you the whole side of this story... Ryan (Mazalta) Has been trying to sell Beta Codes in Question too.

lRhyss
20-06-2009, 07:07 AM
HabbCrazy is a great site.

I used it ALL the time when I was .com

sorry for your loss :(

Tim.
20-06-2009, 07:32 AM
I think they've probably done it more is because its almost like your 'abusing' the free codes they've given you to get more people onto your site. Its not there for you to give away, its to help them get feedback on the new BETA.

Keri?!
20-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Well, I don't see why their status as official would be removed.
But yet again I do see reasoning behind it, they're using it to promote their site for example like on habbo it would be like "oh habbcrazy are giving away beta codes" and then they would go over to hc.

Axed
20-06-2009, 11:26 AM
In all honesty, this should have happened. This is simply a matter of fact that you're using invitation keys to draw users to your website. They did state that you'd be banned if you're found giving them away?

Jordulti
20-06-2009, 05:41 PM
You guys broke two rules.

Promoting BETA Codes to get people to come to HC.

Ryan aka Mazata was selling these BETA codes in question.

Moh
21-06-2009, 10:46 PM
meh that really sucks :( sorry jack x
thanks

Habbo USA staff aren't as nice as UK :(

Gutted. Good luck on getting it back man, great site you have there!
thanks

The other US fansites are crap as well ;\
ikr! We were really looking forward to our new version. But now we can't advertise :l

They have made it very clear on the UK anyway anyone selling or giving away BETA codes in competitions will be banned and they're for friends only. It's so people don't use it to get people to their site and so habbos don't make furni out of it. Resolves the issue of scamming by saying it can't be done.

I'm surprised you didn't get a reminder/warning though.
The only rule about BETA on US was that you cannot sell or trade them.

We were giving the BETA codes to dedicated fans, and all the dedicated fans are friends with me or the other owners. So they're not just random people.

Its stupid its a worthless prize for a competition which people are not paying to enter just answering a question which could be answered by a 4 year old

Habbo are not losing anything from this

Hope you become official again need any support with contacting habbo me and the people on this thread are behind you!
Yeah, were trying to get in contact with US staff. We think its a mistake. As they gave 2 HabbCrazy staff access to the BETA, and they made it clear that only HabbCrazy staff can use it. So the only thing we can think is that they think we gave the Staff BETA as the prize, when it wasn't that. But we think they have removed our emails from their email :@

Hm.. Well, the UK Hotel is ran by other staff, so other UK fansites that are giving away keys may no be demoted.
Better staff imo

Jack didn't tell you the whole side of this story... Ryan (Mazalta) Has been trying to sell Beta Codes in Question too.
Funny thing is... Ryan doesn't work for HabbCrazy.

HabbCrazy is a great site.

I used it ALL the time when I was .com

sorry for your loss :(

I think they've probably done it more is because its almost like your 'abusing' the free codes they've given you to get more people onto your site. Its not there for you to give away, its to help them get feedback on the new BETA.
They should simply ask us not to give them out, not remove our official status :(

Well, I don't see why their status as official would be removed.
But yet again I do see reasoning behind it, they're using it to promote their site for example like on habbo it would be like "oh habbcrazy are giving away beta codes" and then they would go over to hc.
Habbo promote us when we do events with them, they provide the furni and prizes for these events, so were using Habbos resources to promote us anyways.

You guys broke two rules.

Promoting BETA Codes to get people to come to HC.

Ryan aka Mazata was selling these BETA codes in question.

Please tell me where it says in the rules about promoting our website with BETA codes?

And like I said earlier, Ryan doesn't work for HabbCrazy anymore.

lol, what does suck is that they still use our background for their group :@
http://www.habbo.com/groups/officialfansites

Nxrissa
21-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Bit over the top :S :(

Sluing
22-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi,

If you are fortunate to be in the Beta program please do *NOT* sell or trade your Beta codes for furniture or credits (and absolutely never cash!).

If caught doing so you will be removed from the Beta program.

If you see someone trying to sell/trade a Beta code, please report them to a member of our moderation team by using the 'Call for help' function located in the blue question mark at the bottom right of the screen.

1. I don't doubt for one second that Mazalta was selling BETA code. Regardless of him still working with HabbCrazy or not, he still represents you guys and supports you guys. I'm sure the US staff team still sees him as one of the HabbCrazys'. So therefore, that has made you look bad on his behalf.

2. It specifically says not to TRADE the BETA codes. This does not necessarily mean trading directly via the Habbo trade box, though it does mean trading them for anything. You traded your BETA codes for viewer support and overall more activeness throughout your community.

I don't see you guys getting it back for the very reason. Though you guys do seem like you deserve it, you do after all put a bit too much into everything. So maybe after all you do deserve it.

Moh
22-06-2009, 11:06 AM
1. I don't doubt for one second that Mazalta was selling BETA code. Regardless of him still working with HabbCrazy or not, he still represents you guys and supports you guys. I'm sure the US staff team still sees him as one of the HabbCrazys'. So therefore, that has made you look bad on his behalf.

2. It specifically says not to TRADE the BETA codes. This does not necessarily mean trading directly via the Habbo trade box, though it does mean trading them for anything. You traded your BETA codes for viewer support and overall more activeness throughout your community.

I don't see you guys getting it back for the very reason. Though you guys do seem like you deserve it, you do after all put a bit too much into everything. So maybe after all you do deserve it.

The second part of that sentence says "for furniture or credits (and absolutely never cash!).", doesn't say anything about "trading" it for support. Even if thats true, what if the person who received the BETA code was already a supporter? You can't trade for support, when it already exists.

Naa, Mazalta is no longer a fansite representitive, he supports us yes, but I took his place as fansite rep, and we can only have two (Me and Skier).

I just wish USA had their old fansite director, she was a supporter of HabbCrazy =)

Mickword
22-06-2009, 04:19 PM
So is HFFM :P.

OMGitsHYPE
22-06-2009, 05:11 PM
That's a bit harsh :S You should of been given a warning about it, I know you're annoyed about it but HabbCrazy is still an amazing fansite despite losing it's official status, there isn't fansite out there that can replace you to be honest, contact Habbo about it, maybe it's just the USA Managers being harsh... But like others have said I do see reasoning behind it because if it's advertised more people will go on just to get the Beta code, and the rule about advertising non-official fansites is RIDICULOUS. How else are they meant to get attention and media? But you'll still have all the listeners you already have and just use the forums word will get round, hopefully you gain officialness again.

Moh
29-06-2009, 12:13 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/akkf2o.jpg

Now that is nasty! Used to say "HabbCrazy". Wouldn't mind, but it didn't say .net so technically I wasn't advertising a website :@

TheMagicTramp
29-06-2009, 12:16 PM
You call that unlucky

Samishlol
29-06-2009, 12:17 PM
That's abit out of order isn't it?

Moh
29-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Where in the Habbo Way or TOS does it say you cannot advertise unofficial fansites?

GoldenMerc
29-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Where in the Habbo Way or TOS does it say you cannot advertise unofficial fansites?
Im banned on the name HHGS.net on .com lol, for this;

You have been banned! The reason for the ban is "Unacceptable Name (id: 585224)". The ban will expire at 8/28/19 9:22 AM Eastern Time.
So i dont think for .com you can advertise any unofficial fansite.

lick
29-06-2009, 02:21 PM
how do they find your site if you cant advertise it

GoldenMerc
29-06-2009, 02:25 PM
god knowss

Moh
30-06-2009, 11:00 AM
We now have a list of all the names and emails of Sulake US. Including shared emails for the departments ^_^

Chippiewill
30-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Heh, if any use hotmail then get them hacked nows!

Moh
30-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Heh, if any use hotmail then get them hacked nows!

There are a couple who actually have hotmail emails =P

Sarah
01-07-2009, 12:22 AM
We now have a list of all the names and emails of Sulake US. Including shared emails for the departments ^_^

That's very mature of you.

Moh
01-07-2009, 01:25 PM
That's very mature of you.

Sarcasm?

Since our fansite director is ignoring our emails, we may as well send emails to our old fansite director etc..

However, I sent one to the community managers group email and I think it forwards it to all the community managers from all the hotels as we got a read receipt from Emma Monks, UK's community manager ^_^

Redtiz :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!