PDA

View Full Version : Downgrade - IE8 > IE7

AlexOC
19-06-2009, 06:32 PM
I've been looking on Google all day today for a way to reinstall IE7, as i downloaded IE 8 the other day and its just terrible.

How can i downgrade from IE8 to IE7?

TheMagicTramp
19-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Remove IE8 then Install IE7

AlexOC
19-06-2009, 06:39 PM
It won' let me remove IE 7.

It says it can't Remove the default browser.

AgnesIO
19-06-2009, 06:48 PM
It won' let me remove IE 7.

It says it can't Remove the default browser.

Install Safari (or a different browser) then it will say 'Safari is not your default browser, would like like to make it the default Browser' then click yes :)

Then you can uninstall IE8 then install IE7 and make that your default broswer.

Hope that helps :)

DJDynamix
19-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I've been looking on Google all day today for a way to reinstall IE7, as i downloaded IE 8 the other day and its just terrible.

How can i downgrade from IE8 to IE7?

Join the club bud, My story is the same. In add or remove programs it dos'nt have the option to un-install. In my case this is because i updated to windows xp service pack 3 while using the latest update. This meant that it no longer allowed you to downgrade to any other version.

Sorry bud.

Recursion
19-06-2009, 08:06 PM
(Relatively) IE7 is pure crap to IE8.

HotelUser
19-06-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm sorry, I know I should probably respect your choice by using Internet Explorer, but I wont. It's pure and total crap. It not by any means fast, and it's not javascript's friend. Firefox, Safari, Chrome or nothing.

AgnesIO
20-06-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm sorry, I know I should probably respect your choice by using Internet Explorer, but I wont. It's pure and total crap. It not by any means fast, and it's not javascript's friend. Firefox, Safari, Chrome or nothing.

I agree it is not great, and I have all three of the oens you just listed, but I can't get use to them!

On Safari do you get tabs - coz I can never work out how to!

xPrecedent
20-06-2009, 07:56 PM
I agree it is not great, and I have all three of the oens you just listed, but I can't get use to them!

On Safari do you get tabs - coz I can never work out how to!
Not worked hard enough then have you? How do you open a tab in Firefox? Control & T? Try that in Safari, you can also press File or Menu > new tab. (Press alt to reveal the file, edit etc menu). Also, per normal.. right click and open in new tab. It's that simple.

UrbanRyan
20-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Download firefox, then remove IE and stick with FF!

The Professor
20-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Not worked hard enough then have you? How do you open a tab in Firefox? Control & T? Try that in Safari, you can also press File or Menu > new tab. (Press alt to reveal the file, edit etc menu). Also, per normal.. right click and open in new tab. It's that simple.

Or you could click with the scroll wheel, works in all browsers except chrome I believe (sods law: I bet it won't work in safari now!)

What are you finding bad about IE8? I don't think I've ever used a browser where a new version is worse than the previous one! I can't think of anything bad enough to make it worth the downgrade.

AgnesIO
21-06-2009, 09:15 AM

I have better things to do than work on working tabs on other IE's. Its just because on IE8 all you need to do is click the little square.

Or you could click with the scroll wheel, works in all browsers except chrome I believe (sods law: I bet it won't work in safari now!)

What are you finding bad about IE8? I don't think I've ever used a browser where a new version is worse than the previous one! I can't think of anything bad enough to make it worth the downgrade.

The main thing I hate about IE8 as it looks like windows 95 style xD

IE7 does have a much more modern look, but for me that isn't worth downgrading :)

Jam
21-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Click view installed updates on the uninstall programmes window then uninstall IE8, it will leave you with IE7.

AlexOC
21-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I've uninstalled IE8, and it did leave me with IE7.

Thanks guys.

scottish
21-06-2009, 09:17 PM
IE8 is annoying with hotmail >_>

instead of saving everything it saves like one :P

xPrecedent
23-06-2009, 10:48 PM

It's surprising how useful the click with scroll wheel is, I figured it out a few months ago and I'm using it all the time..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!