PDA

View Full Version : Socceroos + Bulldogs

VirtualG
20-06-2009, 04:11 AM
Did you know that Bulldogs player Ben Roberts is Cousing of Tim Cahill from Socceroos? I met Cahill and Roberts at the Bulldogs v Panthers game last night. Turns out Cahill wanted to play league before footy. Anybody else know of situations like this?

Blinger1
20-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Cahill owned Japan on the weekend.. by far the best striker we have.
I think if Cahill doesn't get injured, or red carded, he will be our best hope for the next World Cup!

Skajo
20-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Cahill isn't a striker lol, he is a class player though.

Blinger1
20-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Who cares, he scores goals.. i don't follow the soccer very much so he is classified as a striker as far as i care.

striker = goal scorer.
Cahill gets 2 goals = striker.

Skajo
20-06-2009, 08:23 AM
I don't follow soccer either.

Blinger1
20-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Whoop-de-do. You know a soccer position. and to be technical he is an 'attacking mid-fielder' so as far as i care, its the same thing.

Skajo
20-06-2009, 08:36 AM
I know what he is, an AMC, not a striker. There's a huge difference.

Wolves
20-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Whoop-de-do. You know a soccer position. and to be technical he is an 'attacking mid-fielder' so as far as i care, its the same thing.

wow you really do know nothing.

CJW93
20-06-2009, 10:19 PM

You are stupid. Australia should just stick to cricket and rugby

Geraint
20-06-2009, 10:37 PM

Now now, let's be nice and let them have Aussie rules aswell.

CJW93
21-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Now now, let's be nice and let them have Aussie rules aswell.

How could I for get that? shame on me

Wolves
21-06-2009, 08:38 AM
u forgot bowls too.

Blinger1
21-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Yes, let us have contact sports, where as the english have a "non"contact sport where the most that happens is someone deliberately trips over someones foot... Wow, it must be tough to play soccer!

Wolves
21-06-2009, 08:49 AM
you forget that we, THE ENGLISH, invented rugby. btw if you actually new anything about 'soccer' then you would know it was one of the dirtiest/roughest sports around back in the 90/80/70's.

so you've just proved how much you know about english sport, and sport in general.

just stick to rugby/cricket/aussie rules/bowls.

your welcome, come again!

VirtualG
21-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Australia are the best cricketers in the world, best at Rugby League, Best in the Eastern Half of the World at Football (soccer for those yanks among us) (also by eastern half that means asia, oceanic, etc.. We are better than the anyone in North America, Brazil and the England are the only teams Im actually sacared of, especially since Italy caved to Egypt) Australia is came second in the world at Baseball, and I dont know of anyone who plays baseball in Aus btw, We are actually named the sportiest country in the world. We were the best swimmiers until that big footed american guy (forgot his name) took the mens gold from us, but we are still best in womens. We are obviously best in Aussie Rules, We are somewhere in the top 4 for hockey, I cbf listing everything but as an overall Australia is the best country in the world when it comes to sport, considering how many titles we have and that our population is sooooooo tiny.

Cahill can play striker, he has in the past.

VirtualG
21-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Yes, let us have contact sports, where as the english have a "non"contact sport where the most that happens is someone deliberately trips over someones foot... Wow, it must be tough to play soccer!
Lol, you've got the same attitude as my dad. But have ya seen the british Football Holligans? F'ing brutal man! And when football really began, back in like the 18th century or something, the only way to win is kick the ball, made of an animals blatter or towels wrapped togther, into a goal. Thats the only rule. You can do anything else as long as you get the ball through the goal (originally)

you forget that we, THE ENGLISH, invented rugby. btw if you actually new anything about 'soccer' then you would know it was one of the dirtiest/roughest sports around back in the 90/80/70's.

so you've just proved how much you know about english sport, and sport in general.

just stick to rugby/cricket/aussie rules/bowls.

your welcome, come again!
Now you must know that Rugby League, since gridiron started wearing soooo much pading and taking so many breaks, has become the roughest Ball Sport in the world.

Now Im Aussie But Im Very Linked To The UK, Best Two Countries in the world if you ask me (New Zealnd being the 3rd) I just hope Australia Doesn't become a republic in the Future.

Edited by preposterous (Forum Moderator) - Please don't double post.

Browney
21-06-2009, 11:00 AM
tbh, australia are a good sporting country. they are good at all kinds of different sports. league, union, cricket, even baseball and hockey apparently.

and to be fair, your biggest opposition in the football world cup is Japan. Whereas, I think if you played Korea Republic, it might be a different story. ;)

even though australia are the fattest country in the world, somehow.

Wolves
21-06-2009, 11:21 AM
you forget how small the UK is, and how good we are at sports, we even underestimate ourselves in this country, let alone the rest of the world.

Browney
21-06-2009, 03:23 PM
you forget how small the UK is, and how good we are at sports, we even underestimate ourselves in this country, let alone the rest of the world.

excuse me? 6th in world at football is about it. cricket, not very good at really, we had a purple patch in Union which has now gone and League we're poor. Though, we are good at cycling.

Wolves
21-06-2009, 03:46 PM
We are a nation of 60 million people and compete competitively in almost every sport.

So what's your point? we can't be the best at everything, and I'm pretty proud of our country.

If you compare out country to say, France (and Spain, but I admit their football team is exceptional), yes were even in terms of football, and rugby, but what other sports are they good at? there will obviously be a few but I assure you they are no where near as good in every sport, as we are, and they have both have a bigger population than us, so in terms of size and sporting prowess, we are right up their.

Not to mention we will have hosted the rugby world cup, football world cup, T20 world cup, 50 over world cup, Olympics, and special Olympics, athletics world championships, and all within the next 10 years alone.

Don't even get me started on our sporting venues, they're some of the best in the world, i could go on all day about how good at sports we are, for such a small country.

not bad going? eh?

Skajo
21-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Cahill can play striker, he has in the past.
So has Glen Johnson but he's still a defender.

Browney
21-06-2009, 07:44 PM
We are a nation of 60 million people and compete competitively in almost every sport.

So what's your point? we can't be the best at everything, and I'm pretty proud of our country.

If you compare out country to say, France (and Spain, but I admit their football team is exceptional), yes were even in terms of football, and rugby, but what other sports are they good at? there will obviously be a few but I assure you they are no where near as good in every sport, as we are, and they have both have a bigger population than us, so in terms of size and sporting prowess, we are right up their.

Not to mention we will have hosted the rugby world cup, football world cup, T20 world cup, 50 over world cup, Olympics, and special Olympics, athletics world championships, and all within the next 10 years alone.

Don't even get me started on our sporting venues, they're some of the best in the world, i could go on all day about how good at sports we are, for such a small country.

not bad going? eh?

I was comparing us to Australia babes!

Wolves
21-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Were still better. :P

Sorry, I love my country, I can't help being competitive when it comes to international things. :P

Geraint
21-06-2009, 08:37 PM

not bad going? eh?

compared to australia's population of how many?

Wolves
21-06-2009, 08:52 PM
just googled it, i thought it'd be way more than 21,000,000, but hey, they're all prisoners. ;)

were still better though cause i say so, don't argue with me Garient! :P:P

Geraint
21-06-2009, 10:14 PM
just googled it, i thought it'd be way more than 21,000,000, but hey, they're all prisoners. ;)

were still better though cause i say so, don't argue with me Garient! :P:P

I was hoping to beat him on the population front until I realised we're 3 times bigger.

Wolves
21-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Backfired on you didn't it that one? :P

Geraint
21-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Backfired on you didn't it that one? :P

When I posted it I knew what their population was but I was hoping to argue with him on how Australia's population was bigger. I googled and saw it was 21m.

Blinger1
21-06-2009, 11:52 PM
fail on both accounts for the above two posters..
You guys might hold the special olympics, but who honestly ENJOYS watching it? And how about instead of bidding for more competitions, how about you get the ready for the ashes.. We'd hate for a 5-0 white wash wouldn't we?

Wolves
21-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Do you read posts correctly? I said OLYMPICS, and I said SPECIAL OLYMPICS because it has a place their, discrimination isn't nice, maybe you Aussies haven't got round to that yet.

Browney
22-06-2009, 09:21 AM
fail on both accounts for the above two posters..
You guys might hold the special olympics, but who honestly ENJOYS watching it? And how about instead of bidding for more competitions, how about you get the ready for the ashes.. We'd hate for a 5-0 white wash wouldn't we?

I'm sure the olympic organisers should be practising their spinners. Im pretty sure only 15 englishmen or so need to be practising for the ashes. :P

whereas, the olympics and the 2018 world cup provide jobs, revenue, stadia, increases the profile of the UK yada yada.

Wolves
22-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Not to mention sporting venues (for ALL sports) and other sporting events occurring in this country over the next decade.

Blinger1
22-06-2009, 09:53 AM
You make it sound like a big deal that you are holding the olympics.. That means Australia must be freakin' huuuge!!

We have held the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games within six years (2000 and 2006). We hosted the Rugby World Cup in 2003, Australia (along with New Zealand) started the World Cup.. Then you say "we will host the 50 over world cup", who hosts it before England? Oh look, its Australia :O!!! Also, check out who was "the worlds ultimate sporting city" in 2008.... Melbourne (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23463520-2862,00.html)!

Sorry :(

Browney
22-06-2009, 10:18 AM
You make it sound like a big deal that you are holding the olympics.. That means Australia must be freakin' huuuge!!

We have held the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games within six years (2000 and 2006). We hosted the Rugby World Cup in 2003, Australia (along with New Zealand) started the World Cup.. Then you say "we will host the 50 over world cup", who hosts it before England? Oh look, its Australia :O!!! Also, check out who was "the worlds ultimate sporting city" in 2008.... Melbourne (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23463520-2862,00.html)!

Sorry :(

first of all, I agree with you. Australia are the more sporting country, with the lower population. now stop trolling, corrr. The rugby world cup? Oh were you there to watch us win then? ;) I was talking about the REAL world cup, being football.

Wolves
22-06-2009, 10:26 AM
2000 - 2010 was Australias turn, now its the UKs, so get the .... over it.

And hosting the Olympics is 'not a big deal' - as you said? where did you get this from? do you read the hypocritical Aussie papers or something? jealous of the English? don't worry, the Olympics is only the biggest event in the world, no biggy, maybe your just bitter about that because all your good at in the Olympics is swimming, but now the yanks are beating you at that as well, like now how you suck at rugby cricket and soccerrrrr, and all those other sports that our English prisoner ancestors created over in 'Australia.'

Are you proud now? Go cry.

Skajo
22-06-2009, 01:21 PM

We have held the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games within six years (2000 and 2006).
We're doing it within 2, don't cry.

-Heart
22-06-2009, 03:44 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by :Mobile (Forum Moderator): Please do not post to cause arguments.

Wolves
22-06-2009, 03:47 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by :Mobile (Forum Moderator): Please do not insult other forum members.

CJW93
22-06-2009, 07:16 PM
We also get the special people games :) :eusa_danc

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!