PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Virgin internet?

Cubol
20-06-2009, 12:24 PM
We got virgin internet, but personally I think they're rubbish every day it always disconnects, we ring them up they just tell us do the same thing. So annoying. Anyone else with Virgin and have problems?

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Moved to this section from Technology Section.

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Manager): Moved back to the Tech Section.

[Chris]
20-06-2009, 03:05 PM
i have virgin - No problems at all. Maybe its a problem on your end?

Cubol
20-06-2009, 04:03 PM
;5863246']i have virgin - No problems at all. Maybe its a problem on your end?

Ok, just wondering because my mum is debating whether to go elsewhere. We have an enginer coming out on monday now anyway. So hopefully they sort it.

xPrecedent
20-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Why has this been moved here? It's better of in Technical Problems.

Nxrissa
20-06-2009, 07:57 PM
im with virgin. i cant really fault them tbh because ive never had any problems x

Tomm
20-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Why on earth was this moved to this forum anyway? It is hardly a Microsoft/Windows specific problem.

Agnostic Bear
20-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Why on earth was this moved to this forum anyway? It is hardly a Microsoft/Windows specific problem.

Just what I was thinking, should be in tech problems if anything.

Coheed&Cambria
20-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Got similer problem. The modem just dosent send the signal to the router. Virgin admitted its thier fault but didnt offer compensation for 3 months with no internet, and its still not fixed.

Sunny.
20-06-2009, 10:39 PM
If your using wireless via router. Check the router it may be that because my router used 2 go off at around 1am in the morning by its self and stop working. I played the " im leaving virgin and going to sky" threat and they offered me a new router which replaced my old belkin one I bought a few years back. Since then my netgear one stays up 24 hours.

I still use my belkin as its better for my ps3 [Nat status is better]

Coheed&Cambria
20-06-2009, 10:41 PM
If your using wireless via router. Check the router it may be that because my router used 2 go off at around 1am in the morning by its self and stop working. I played the " im leaving virgin and going to sky" threat and they offered me a new router which replaced my old belkin one I bought a few years back. Since then my netgear one stays up 24 hours.

I still use my belkin as its better for my ps3 [Nat status is better]

When we first took out the contract with virgin, they gave us a router. it stopped working and they never replaced it or made any attempt to fix it so we ended up buying our own.

xxMATTGxx
20-06-2009, 11:54 PM
I don't have a problem with my Virgin Broadband, not really had one full stop.

Jam
21-06-2009, 11:32 AM
For some reason when I switch it on, the modem connects to my router then disconnects for a minute but then its fine.

Dan!
21-06-2009, 12:12 PM
I don't have a problem with my Virgin Broadband, not really had one full stop.

yeh same here :D

Berch
21-06-2009, 01:44 PM
We got virgin internet, but personally I think they're rubbish every day it always disconnects, we ring them up they just tell us do the same thing. So annoying. Anyone else with Virgin and have problems?

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Moved to this section from Technology Section.

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Manager): Moved back to the Tech Section.

What service do you have with them exactly? Cable or national services?

I have their cable and can't fault them never had a problem. Not sure about their phone line services though.

AlexOC
21-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeh it always disconnects me, so i have to unplug my router for a few seconds. And then the other day there was a fault in my area, and i had to talk to a bloody foreign person for 5 minutes who gave me no useful information atall.

The only good thing about it is my 50meg :).

Mikey
21-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Virgin is fine for me, bloody hate the foreigners on the phone though. :P

engaged
21-06-2009, 08:53 PM
yeah, im a virgin

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please don't make pointless posts. Thanks

Firehorse
24-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm on virgin 8mb adsl. Ever since they updated in january it disconnects every time the phone rings. Pisses me to hell cos we already tried changing the converter which was working anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!