SSH into your iphone
Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/
Download the file M68AP.plist
Open the file using a text editor or a plist editor
Add a Boolean value under the capabilities dictionary
Boolean Key = gas-gauge-battery / Boolean Value = true
Save and upload the file to the same directory that it was originally in
Go onto the iPhone and respring
Now go to the application Settings -> General -> Usage and there will be a Battery Percentage toggle and you can use it to enable battery percentage next to battery icon in top-right corner.

Video Recording:

SSH into your iphone
Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/
Download the file M68AP.plist
Open the file using a text editor or a plist editor
Add a Boolean value under the capabilities dictionary
Boolean Key = video-camera / Boolean Value = true
Save and upload the file to the same directory that it was originally in
Go onto the iPhone and respring Done! You now have access to the camcorder interface, but beware, the interface is slow and once you have done these instructions you will not be able to take regular photos. At the moment however working on getting it to respond to it properly.

Jaysun
20-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Will the video recording thing only give the interface or video recording aswell.

Flisker
20-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Very nice find Dave! I think the iPod will soon have a camera and be the next gen media device.

Nxrissa
20-06-2009, 07:46 PM
i have an iphone. the 2g one i really want bluetooth to actually work. that peer to peer thing but i have no idea how an earth you can do that and the stuff above lol

Laurensh1
21-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Why did you copy the same list twice?
Anywayz, cool :)

Wolves
21-06-2009, 09:01 AM
will this be able to work the compass and other 3gs stuff soon?

thanks a lot though! +REPPP, works great!!!

Jam
21-06-2009, 09:03 AM
i have an iphone. the 2g one i really want bluetooth to actually work. that peer to peer thing but i have no idea how an earth you can do that and the stuff above lol

I'm sure P-to-P is only on Touch's and Bluetooth file sharing still isn't enabled I believe.

Wolves
21-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Actually, after trying both these out, the % one doesn't work, and the video camera one doesn't work at all, nice though, hopefully someone can improve it, within time, thanks anyway! :)

DaveTaylor
21-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Actually, after trying both these out, the % one doesn't work, and the video camera one doesn't work at all, nice though, hopefully someone can improve it, within time, thanks anyway! :)

they both work fine :/

Wolves
21-06-2009, 10:02 AM
they dont on my 3g?? :/

anyone else having problems with the latest cydia updates for libxml2? mine keeps failing? is this happening for everyone else or is it just me?

Nxrissa
21-06-2009, 10:14 AM
i had a look at the update and it said something about bluetooth enabling i swear anless ive got the wrong jist of it. i thought it was on both. well the full 3gs software

Jordan,
21-06-2009, 11:21 AM
i want MMS on my 2g :(

Flisker
21-06-2009, 12:06 PM
i want MMS on my 2g :(
Doesn't iPhone OS 3.0 have that anyway?

Wolves
21-06-2009, 12:14 PM
only for the 3g.

Recursion
21-06-2009, 03:58 PM
will this be able to work the compass and other 3gs stuff soon?

thanks a lot though! +REPPP, works great!!!

The compass is hardware...

Wolves
21-06-2009, 04:00 PM
yh but surely someone would be able to change it so it uses it like one of the compasses out of the appstore (software wise) instead of using the hardware or something, if you understand what i mean.

Mint
21-06-2009, 11:08 PM
yh but surely someone would be able to change it so it uses it like one of the compasses out of the appstore (software wise) instead of using the hardware or something, if you understand what i mean.

I think that's a bit like saying "yh but surely someone would be able to make this clock tell you which way is north, south, east and west". The 3GS's will have the physical hardware built in to work out the directions.

Wolves
21-06-2009, 11:22 PM
you don't need hardware to tell you where magnetic north is, surely software can do the same job. ;)

Recursion
22-06-2009, 06:34 AM
No, you DO need hardware.

I guess you'd do it off the GPS otherwise but even then, 1. it'd be a totally different code, 2. kill your battery 3. not very accurate (whereas your location obviously is)

Wolves
22-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Yeah but someone will probably crack it and change it so that it uses software instead of the hardware, someone somewhere will do it and release it, it'd be nice to have anyway, with all these people going omggg your phones old you aint got compassss!!! ''errr, yeh I have.''

lol, could be useful to have for a one off things like that or whilst using maps to see what direction your standing at.

Recursion
22-06-2009, 11:35 AM
-sigh- HOW CAN SOFTWARE USE THE EARTHS MAGNETIC FIELDS? :|

Wolves
22-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Search ''compass'' in the AppStore, christ chill out, surely a compass app like that could be used instead of the hardware.

Kyle!
22-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Oh my Jesus, Wolves it's impossible to have an accurate compass without hardware. How they hell do you think software is going to find magnetic north? Just pluck it out of thin air?

Wolves
22-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Did I say it had to be accurate? did you read the thread or did you just read what other people have said and decide to join in the bang wagon?

Read before you post.

Jam
22-06-2009, 04:40 PM
The only purpose in a compass is for it to be accurate, what is the point in it if it isn't and if you that concered get one for a pound.

Recursion
22-06-2009, 05:47 PM
THANK YOU.

Wolves
22-06-2009, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't mind it being 'none acurate' though, as I haven't paid for the feature, so it'd just be a bonus.

Why can't people see my point of view... anyway, I think it'll happen lol, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion. lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!