PDA

View Full Version : Left4Dead 2

Stefy09
20-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Pretty stupid, valve have been working on left4dead 2 since january and its going to be available by november, what happened to all these "NEW WEAPONS, NEW MAPS, MORE BIG UPDATES" that valve always talked about, when they release l4d2 are they just going to bury l4d just like old cs 1.5/6 and tfc.. Bad mooooveeee, would be better as an addon for l4d than a completely new version :@

Anyway about l4d2.. melee weapons like chainsaws, frying pans etc, new weapons, 4 new survivers and 5 new campaigns, more undead.. all the things they've done could easily of been added in an update or an expansion for the game. Also they've made it look more like team fortress 2 (cartoony looking well it looks that way from the videos.

teaser trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XpzeK_YpGI

Gameplay:
http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14352245/left-4-dead-2/videos/l4d2_gmp_dockstart_052809.html;jsessionid=qglo5hll ikcm (this is the video that looks more tf2ish)

Monkwrestler
20-06-2009, 10:40 PM
you have to remember that they are a company

Hushie
20-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Why would you want them to release smaller updates rather than a whole new game?
The updates are too expensive in my opinion.

Art
21-06-2009, 12:54 AM
If im honest I think its ****. Who the hell wants zombies at day time for starters. Also, the cartoony style isnt doesnt particularly add to the scaryness of it all.

J0SH
21-06-2009, 01:02 AM
If im honest I think its ****. Who the hell wants zombies at day time for starters. Also, the cartoony style isnt doesnt particularly add to the scaryness of it all.

I do, I prefer day maps to night maps, the game isn't meant to be scary, the first wasn't it is just a zombie shooter really, if they wanted it to be scary they would have done something similar to F.E.A.R or whatever.

Art
21-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Sorry for the terrible grammar before I just reread it haha.

I liked the darkness of the first one :(

J0SH
21-06-2009, 02:26 AM
The first one is good, I've just purchased it on Steam even though I've got it on Xbox, it isn't two dark there's street lights etc I don't mind that but I just preffer day maps, I don't think they're trying to go for a scary feel to the game either, it's a Valve game so I guess they're working more on a shooter than a campaign line :D

Jord
21-06-2009, 10:51 AM
God you people really piss me off..

Its a game, If theres a number 2 People will slowly stop playing. Stop saying "Oh it will be better with an addon" Shut the hell up It wont.

ITS A NEW GAME HENCE THE "2" AT THE END New People, New maps, NEW GUNS, NEW MELEE WEAPONS

Get over it.

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not be rude to others. Thanks

Blazz
21-06-2009, 12:59 PM
But jesus, it's using the same base, same idea, same everything. They havn't even updated the boomer, smoker, hunter, tank or witch models. It's stupid. To be fair, this shouldnt be a new release, as not many people would buy it, due to people just spending about £25-35 on the first game, then they bring out another in about a year. It's incredible realy, why should they expect for us to all buy a new game, when we've only just got the first.

mat64
21-06-2009, 04:16 PM
There was a similar argument to this going on in the GTFOGaming steam chat room when it was announced. Surely this is like complaining that why should Blizzard for example charge everyone for an expansion pack and not just release all their new content for WoW in a big patch or a free expansion? If your a game company with an abundance of content and you can make money out of it then why not take the oppotunity? You can kick and scream all you want about this but it's going to to happen and if you enjoyed the Left4Dead original you'll end up buying this aswell.

Stefy09
21-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah I will be buying it but I'm just complaining because they are releasing a new one exactly 1 year after the first one was released, they started making a new one 2 months after they released the first one which I think is stupid. imo its just because of the hype they got before l4d was released. It's okay for a single player game to get a new release but I don't see the point in a new multiplayer game.

*REMOVED*

Edited by :Mobile (Forum Moderator): Please do not insult other forum members.

Jord
21-06-2009, 10:52 PM
But jesus, it's using the same base, same idea, same everything. They havn't even updated the boomer, smoker, hunter, tank or witch models. It's stupid. To be fair, this shouldnt be a new release, as not many people would buy it, due to people just spending about £25-35 on the first game, then they bring out another in about a year. It's incredible realy, why should they expect for us to all buy a new game, when we've only just got the first.

We didnt just "buy" It its been out since last year november or something,

Use your brains..

How do you know if they've updated anything yet.. Its been like 2 months they've been working on it GIVE IT TIME Its not out untill the end of the year

Maczorx
03-07-2009, 06:57 AM
They've already said that DLC for L4D will be announced by the end of the summer, so that might be those weapons and what not you said.

Niall!
03-07-2009, 12:24 PM
I pirated my L4D, bet you all feel like idiots now

Maczorx
03-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Not really.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!