PDA

View Full Version : Some new smilies

Mint
20-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Would it be possible for us to scrap all the current smilies and get some new ones? There's nothing wrong with the ones we have now but some new ones would be fresh and look good. :)

Immenseman
20-06-2009, 06:00 PM
I like the ones we have. I'm attached to :eusa_danc ;) :P etc been here for agesssss, would be nice to see them stay tbh.

Mint
20-06-2009, 06:02 PM
The new versions of them particular smilies could be influenced by the original versions. I'm thinking maybe 3D smilies. ;)

Molly.22
20-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Would it be possible for us to scrap all the current smilies and get some new ones? There's nothing wrong with the ones we have now but some new ones would be fresh and look good. :)

I wouldn't want to scrap any but maybe get some new ones for a test would be nice. I like the smilies as they are but if some extra did come I wouldn't complain! ;)

The Professor
20-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Getting smilies for the sake of newness (if thats even close to a word!) is a bit pointless because after a few months they'll become old and we'll be back to the same situation!

Immenseman
20-06-2009, 08:36 PM
and plus the current ones have been with us for ages and some of us get attached :3

N!ck
20-06-2009, 08:47 PM
I love the current ones :).

Immenseman
20-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Same. No need to change things that aren't broken, right.

Hecktix
20-06-2009, 09:04 PM
I really like the current selection.
I think to change them would just be generating work that doesn't need to be done.

Mint
20-06-2009, 10:14 PM
This thread right here is proof that we don't always have to change things because they need changing, just because it would be nice to change them. :)

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=564052&highlight=stars

GommeInc
20-06-2009, 10:44 PM
This thread right here is proof that we don't always have to change things because they need changing, just because it would be nice to change them. :)

Fair point :P

But we love our smilies and would disagree with any changes. The stars did need updating anyway, they didn't show up to well for the darker skins.

shizzle
20-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Adding on would be alright, but not scrap the old ones:P

Mint
20-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Maybe we should scrap all the blue smilies because I hardly ever see them getting used.

Immenseman
20-06-2009, 11:41 PM
:lol: is used a lot! i even know it off by heart*+*

Mint
21-06-2009, 12:15 AM
:lol: is used a lot! i even know it off by heart*+*

So do I but it doesn't mean it gets used a lot. :P

Blinger1
21-06-2009, 07:40 AM
I like the ones we have. I'm attached to :eusa_danc ;) :P etc been here for agesssss, would be nice to see them stay tbh.

and plus the current ones have been with us for ages and some of us get attached :3

Same. No need to change things that aren't broken, right.

We do get the point...

I have asked this before to get them changed, got pretty much the same response as this!

nvrspk4
21-06-2009, 08:05 AM
NO!! :O I absolutely refuse to scrap the old ones, I am attached, they've been here as long as I have, HxF wouldn't be the same *sob*

Ok on a serious note, I agree with (insert poster here) that its creating work for the sake of newness and we're back to the situation we started with in a while.

False.

Many users have brought up the fact that current stars are very non-"Habboish" and some wish for a little bit of a Habbo tinge. Furthermore current stars aren't extremely appealing on darker skins. Our very own Conz has designed some more Habboish stars which we have some examples of:

Conz had already created them in his spare time, they didn't display properly on the dark skins, and weren't "Habboish". Plus at that time the star system was still getting set. This look will probably continue for a long, long time.

If you have suggestions for new smilies that we perhaps don't have in our repertoire (for example, |-) or :| or other MSN smilies), especially if you had one already made, we would consider it.

Amberr
21-06-2009, 08:25 AM
i like the smileys we have allready i dont fink they need changing xx

Plank
21-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Adding on would be alright, but not scrap the old ones:P
Yeah, I think some extra smilies would be good, like some funny ones.

AgnesIO
21-06-2009, 10:08 AM
NO!! :O I absolutely refuse to scrap the old ones, I am attached, they've been here as long as I have, HxF wouldn't be the same *sob*

Ok on a serious note, I agree with (insert poster here) that its creating work for the sake of newness and we're back to the situation we started with in a while.

False.

Conz had already created them in his spare time, they didn't display properly on the dark skins, and weren't "Habboish". Plus at that time the star system was still getting set. This look will probably continue for a long, long time.

If you have suggestions for new smilies that we perhaps don't have in our repertoire (for example, |-) or :| or other MSN smilies), especially if you had one already made, we would consider it.

The old stars were 1000000x better than the current ones!

But 3d smilies would be cool but I love :P ;) :D :) :eusa_whis :eusa_danc:D

Mint
21-06-2009, 10:29 AM

False.

Would we not be able to find some cool 3D smilies on the tinternet and use them on here?

i like the smileys we have allready i dont fink they need changing xx
When you are new, the smilies appear new to you. But after a while you might fancy a change. :)

nvrspk4
22-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Would we not be able to find some cool 3D smilies on the tinternet and use them on here?

When you are new, the smilies appear new to you. But after a while you might fancy a change. :)

It appears that few are in favor of scrapping the current smilies. I don't see a need to add for the sake of adding, because in this case it doesn't affect the service and when we get 200 emoticons it becomes ridiculous, just like the HxW arcade did :P

PaulMacC
22-06-2009, 08:27 AM
You must add one smilie then
http://driph.com/words/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/awesome.gif

Im right, right ;P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!