PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Scam Using Clones

Trunto
17-07-2005, 09:16 AM
This happened to my friend the other day. His name is pazymagee and he is registered on here but he doesn't come on much.

This is sort of what happened to him, I'll use different names for the clones as I don't know what they were called. I will use different amounts of furni too because I don't know how much they offered etc. as he just told me what happened and how they scammed him by using an example like I am going to do.

Clone1 walks into the shop and asks for all of Pazy's rares and offers him something he hasn't got, in this case it was a turkey.

Clone1: Hey, I need all your rares.
Pazy: Hey, no way!

Clone2 now console's Pazy and says: I need a turkey, I offer 5 HC's for it.

So Pazy thinks :If I sell all my rares for this turkey, I will sell the turkey for 5 HC's." So he sold all his rares for a turkey and then the person left the room and Pazy got scammed.

I think he got scammed of 2 HC's and a love sofa.

They might not have been clones but they might of been 2 different people working together, either way he got scammed by how I said above.

I just thought I'd let everyone know about it so they don't get scammed the way Pazy did.

Jashmine
17-07-2005, 09:27 AM
I saw something similiar to that done with a duck.
But that was ages ago ;o

Craig
18-07-2005, 09:25 AM
:o sorry to hear and ty for warning us :)

Detox
18-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Yes, thank you for telling us this.

HolyWar
18-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Ancient, this is not a scam, you are simply taking advantage of someones greed and stupidity. He tried to cut in on a deal to make a profit instead of referring the person with the turkey to the person who offered 5 hcs. Sorry to say it but it is your friends mistake in taking that chance. I have seen this on a much more valuable scale where someone makes a console request of <e.g> "20 thrones for your dj deck" and then a few minutes later someone comes into my room and says "18 t for my deck". You purchase the deck with the hope of quickly trading it to turn a profit of 2 thrones. It's basically misleading and manipulation which could be classified as scamming. It can show you the creativity of users when they are hungry to satisfy their addiction to this game. That is a fact and part of the rare trade market in Habbo. Sounds to good or odd to be true then it probably is.

lollyhuk2
28-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks for warning us and now many people wont fall for this scam

JoeyK.
28-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Hmmmm.... i could see how people could fall for this, but I would personally think it a bit too much of a coincedence.....

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!