PDA

View Full Version : School shut - Swine flu

efq
22-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Haha, I was wondering around the Grand Arcade earlier and then drove by a local school and I saw a big yellow notice with 'Swine Flu' and stuff like notify a site officier before entering.

http://cgu.e2bn.net/e2bn/leas/c99/schools/cgu/accounts/newsite/website/Adobe/Flu%20Closure.pdf
http://cgu.e2bn.net/e2bn/leas/c99/schools/cgu/accounts/newsite/website/index.htm

Luckily for them that all schools in Cambridge post there homework on the website way back so you still got to do work from home haha

Lee
22-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Oh dear,

and at the bottom of letter is says "Principa," who would of thought an official letter would contain typo's? :P

The Undertaker
22-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Some kid in my school has Swine flu. Letters were sent out today apparently about it but he ain't been in to spread it so school ain't closing yet. Good thing i'm on study leave :D

luce
22-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Swine fu has just got to my island in the last couple of days which sucks.

Wahey
22-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Swine Flu is apprently in my town :(

efq
22-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Quite a lot towns/cities seem to have it now, also a disadvantages of living in Cambridge is the amount of people from all over the world and then going by them every day :(

Jordan3606
22-06-2009, 08:19 PM
My school got closed today as well. It was crazy, I was really ill this morning but went in because I had GCSE science exams which I didnt really want to miss, but only 60% of people turned up and there was barely anyone in form time.

I went to Matron after my exams and had to sit in this room with others who were sick for about an hour, but when I came out, people were queuing in the corridor waiting to be seen. I have never seen so many people ill in one place (other than a hospital obviously lol)

Whats worse, is that someone in my year has a confirmed case of swine flu.. I think its more than a coincidence that so many people have fallen ill. Its only people from my school as well :S

I went to the doctors today to get tested but you dont get the results back straight away so I'll have to wait and see if I have it. They prescribed the Tamiflu medicine though

7 days off of school though, so I'm not complaining lol, as long as nobody dies :)

colourpot
22-06-2009, 08:47 PM
My school closed Thursday, we got tamiflu tablets on saturday if we wasnt showing signs and school isnt re-open untill Thursday

Its way out of control in Birmingham >.>

GommeInc
23-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Quite a lot towns/cities seem to have it now, also a disadvantages of living in Cambridge is the amount of people from all over the world and then going by them every day :(
Same with Canterbury (loads and loads of frenchies). It apaprently had a few cases at the university when I was staying there with friends, whether I got it or not I don't know! I was ill, and so was a friend,b ut stuff like flu and that doesn't effect me for long...

efq
23-06-2009, 02:29 PM
7 more people in another school (My sisters school) who had become ill with the flu like symptoms who had been hanging out with people from that other school. It isn't closed until they await the results of the tests they had to have.

My sister said everytime someone sneezed they had to go wash there hands.. LOL hayfever benifits.

cocaine
23-06-2009, 02:39 PM

haha try living in watford, its like spot the white man.

My school got closed today as well. It was crazy, I was really ill this morning but went in because I had GCSE science exams which I didnt really want to miss, but only 60% of people turned up and there was barely anyone in form time.

I went to Matron after my exams and had to sit in this room with others who were sick for about an hour, but when I came out, people were queuing in the corridor waiting to be seen. I have never seen so many people ill in one place (other than a hospital obviously lol)

Whats worse, is that someone in my year has a confirmed case of swine flu.. I think its more than a coincidence that so many people have fallen ill. Its only people from my school as well :S

I went to the doctors today to get tested but you dont get the results back straight away so I'll have to wait and see if I have it. They prescribed the Tamiflu medicine though

7 days off of school though, so I'm not complaining lol, as long as nobody dies :)

ooooh someone from watford (: queens by any chance?

Edited by invincible (Forum Moderator): Please try to stay on topic, thanks.

Jordan3606
23-06-2009, 05:23 PM
ooooh someone from watford (: queens by any chance?

yup, queens :)

Edited by invincible (Forum Moderator): Please try to stay on topic, thanks.

Nxrissa
23-06-2009, 07:54 PM
ah dear. hope the school gets sorted soon lol

CJW93
23-06-2009, 08:38 PM
My school closed Thursday, we got tamiflu tablets on saturday if we wasnt showing signs and school isnt re-open untill Thursday

Its way out of control in Birmingham >.>

*REMOVED*

Edited by invincible (Forum Moderator) - Please do not make innappropriate/racist comments.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!