View Full Version : Do you think its stupid to start going by a new name?

,Lexiilu
22-06-2009, 10:24 PM
ok so my best friend and I have the same name, so whenever someone says "Lexi!" we both turn. It gets quite annoying actually. And I've asked EVERYONE to just call ME Lexi, but they still call us both lexi :l

So i've decided that since I don't rly like lexi or alexis anyways, I was just going to change it and start going by Allie. Well now people keep telling me that they think I should keep going by lexi and that they like lexi better but I'm really sick of the "same name game." What do I do? Do I keep going by lexi or should I just start trying to go by allie? HELP! :(

Kieeran
22-06-2009, 10:28 PM
who cares :S

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not make posts that do not contribute at all to the thread. Thanks.

Toughened
22-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Lmaoo!

Instead of changing a name based on your name, why not come up with a new nick name altogether. Something silly or fun that you and your friends can relate to, and that only you and your friends will understand too.
So people could be like huhhh? But it doesn't matter 'cause it's between you and your friends.

FlyingJesus
22-06-2009, 11:04 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kieeran again."

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not make posts that do not contribute at all to the thread. Thanks.

Mint
22-06-2009, 11:19 PM

I didn't have that problem lmao.

Toughened
22-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Lmaoo thanks!
I'd return but I must spread too :(.

Mint
22-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Why are we being so mean to her anyway? If I was you Lexi or Alexis or Allie or whatever other name you are considering calling yourself, I would just convince her to change her name. Why should you change your name when she can? :)

RedStratocas
22-06-2009, 11:28 PM

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FlyingJesus again."

Instead of changing a name based on your name, why not come up with a new nick name altogether. Something silly or fun that you and your friends can relate to, and that only you and your friends will understand too.
So people could be like huhhh? But it doesn't matter 'cause it's between you and your friends.

its kinda awkward to ask your friends to call you something different though. i mean i guess you could request being called by your middle name. i have a friend whose first name is austin, but no one calls him anything other than his middle name chuck.

Sammeth.
22-06-2009, 11:55 PM
If you wanna be unique get people to start calling you Trevor or something, I bet there's hardly any girls with that name.

leah
23-06-2009, 12:06 AM
If you wanna be unique get people to start calling you Trevor or something, I bet there's hardly any girls with that name.
LMAO

Where did you get Allie from? LOL
Stay with Lexi its dead sweet

FlyingJesus
23-06-2009, 12:07 AM
That's a good point even though Tim Burton makes Anne Hathaway look like a Trevor in his terrible rendition of Alice

@Leah: Alexis...

PaulMacC
23-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Alexisonfire good band.
Yeah get a nickname or something, I dont think it's really fair to tell everyone to call you it and not call the other person it. Thats kinda' not fair on her . But yeah decide between you both and come up with a nickname (:

GommeInc
23-06-2009, 11:50 AM
... I never knew nicknames were so difficult to come by. What does the other Lexi think to this? Does she like the idea of you opting to be called Lexi and not her? One could be called Alexis and the other Lexi... Or go by Allie. I'm not sure why your friends are bickering...

ecstasy
23-06-2009, 03:41 PM
surely you can tell who they're looking at when they call you.
i used to have 3 other kierans in my old class. you get used to it :S

Tintinnabulate
23-06-2009, 04:15 PM

My thoughts exactly.
2 of my friends had the same name, they didnt really care.

Kieeran
23-06-2009, 04:25 PM
surely you can tell who they're looking at when they call you.
i used to have 3 other kierans in my old class. you get used to it :S

same at my school there was like 4/5 kierans

GommeInc
23-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I like how the "pointless post" in this thread is the one with more point, because it is kinda true... It's a name, and you just stare at whoever shouted it to see who said it, like when a mother shouts to their child who has the same name as you :P

Wahey
23-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Just stick with it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!