PDA

View Full Version : New to console gaming

ElliottThompson
23-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey, my brother has just bought me the parts for a new gaming pc, can anyone rate the specs please :D

Bare in mind I got all this for free and i'm an entry level pc gamer :D
Not even my birthday rofl....

Processor: Core2Duo at 2.8ghz
Graphics Card: Sapphire ATI 4870 1gb
RAM: 2gb
Hard Drive: 320gb HHD
500w PSU
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q SE

J0SH
24-06-2009, 09:41 AM
It's a decent rig, I don't think you'll be able to max a few games though - I'm not sure on that graphics card, it's probably decent though.

Stephen!
24-06-2009, 11:13 AM
You'll be able to max out all games except maybe crysis. Depends how low you can go with frame rates and stay acceptable

ElliottThompson
24-06-2009, 05:26 PM
This is the one:
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/10500348/Sapphire-Radeon-HD-4870-1GB-PCI-Express-2-0-Graphics-Card/Product.html

Long as I can play sims 3 LOL
only joking, but yeah main games I will play will be sims 3, TF2, Half Life 2 when I begin, I heard Far Cry 2 is good, anyone got any other games I should get to get me in the swing of computer gaming.
I hope its all its cracked up to be lol, my mates are always loling at me when I start talking about console gaming so I was interested to see if the grass really is greener :D

Swinkid
24-06-2009, 06:07 PM
This is the one:
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/10500348/Sapphire-Radeon-HD-4870-1GB-PCI-Express-2-0-Graphics-Card/Product.html

Long as I can play sims 3 LOL
only joking, but yeah main games I will play will be sims 3, TF2, Half Life 2 when I begin, I heard Far Cry 2 is good, anyone got any other games I should get to get me in the swing of computer gaming.
I hope its all its cracked up to be lol, my mates are always loling at me when I start talking about console gaming so I was interested to see if the grass really is greener :D

its not console gaming its PC Gaming. But from the list of games you jsut gave, it looks like you will be able to max them..

If you want a clan to go into for TF2, then go to Zero Bullsh*t (i think you can guess wut the stared out letter is) if you google it, its one of the first results for there website url. There a good clan, very good community.

ElliottThompson
24-06-2009, 06:13 PM
its not console gaming its PC Gaming. But from the list of games you jsut gave, it looks like you will be able to max them..

If you want a clan to go into for TF2, then go to Zero Bullsh*t (i think you can guess wut the stared out letter is) if you google it, its one of the first results for there website url. There a good clan, very good community.
nonono im a console gamer (xbox) and when i talked about console gaming my mates (PC gamers) used to laugh at me saying PC gaming is much better than console gaming and so I wanted to see if PC gaming really is as good as they made out.

But yeah my bro is a keen TF2 player so I will check that clan out when I get it :D

Swinkid
24-06-2009, 06:25 PM
nonono im a console gamer (xbox) and when i talked about console gaming my mates (PC gamers) used to laugh at me saying PC gaming is much better than console gaming and so I wanted to see if PC gaming really is as good as they made out.

But yeah my bro is a keen TF2 player so I will check that clan out when I get it :D

The Owner Alf used to go on habbo, i used to own a fansite with him. Pc i agree is MUCH better than console, although, i do wish i had a PS3. :)

ElliottThompson
24-06-2009, 08:02 PM
The Owner Alf used to go on habbo, i used to own a fansite with him. Pc i agree is MUCH better than console, although, i do wish i had a PS3. :)
Why would you want a ps3?
Only reason I could see is that there is a PS3 exclusive game you want

Chippiewill
24-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Because GTAIV rapes the hell out of a computer due to a bad port....
Anyway, that GFX card is pretty decent, I have a near identical one ( ATI Radeon 4870x2, basically double the size and specs :P)

ElliottThompson
24-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Because GTAIV rapes the hell out of a computer due to a bad port....
Anyway, that GFX card is pretty decent, I have a near identical one ( ATI Radeon 4870x2, basically double the size and specs :P)
GTA4 wasnt worth my time anyway :( Got bored after about 30%, but yeah it does seem like a really graphics intensive game

Neways im really looking forward to building this PC (my first time), The parts have started to arrive now and my bro will be dropping them off in around 10 days, WAY TOO MUCH OF A WAIT :(

Swinkid
25-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Why would you want a ps3?
Only reason I could see is that there is a PS3 exclusive game you want

> Play online Free
> All mates have them, want to play with them
> Cousin who lives in australia has one
> Like sony products
> Blue Ray
> Better than a wii

ElliottThompson
25-06-2009, 08:27 PM
> Play online Free
> All mates have them, want to play with them
> Cousin who lives in australia has one
> Like sony products
> Blue Ray
> Better than a wii
True True

Thats the main reason I bought an Xbox 360
Wanted to play online with my brother when he went to Uni

ElliottThompson
28-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh forgot to mention my screen resolution is:
1680 x 1050
I know that resolution isn't as graphics intensive that larger resolutions.

My brothers screen resolution is:
1920 x 1200
So he uses a Intel Core i7 chip and he owns the same graphics card as me but he has 2 of them on cross fire and 6 gigs of ram.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!