PDA

View Full Version : updatr - New project

l3etrayed
23-06-2009, 10:50 PM
This is a thread for serious developers, idea maniacs, designers, social enthusiasts and anyone who wants to have a significant input on a web project named "updatr". If you aren't really interested in the production and management process of the web then there isn't any point reading any further.

Skip this next paragraph if you don't want a little life story of updatr and other things! =D

updatr was a personal project which I started on my own about 10 months ago. Originally I was just interested in the social network craze and thought I'd have a go at getting involved. I made a few half mockup designs and then never went any further. updatr.org slowly gathered dust until I re-founded zoidec.com a few months back when ideas for updatr came flooding to us. However as some of you will know we had another project APPsquared which was our main priority meaning we had little time for updatr and it soon became redundant again. Also with a sudden flood of interest in zoidec, design work was rolling in fast so we had no time for development of our own projects. It then came to exam season and with a few other problems our work came to a halt for all projects. However all that is over now and we are starting to get back on track with where we left off!

At zoidec we are beginning to get more design requests coming in and we are planning on the continuation of the APPsquared project very soon. However we also have the updatr project, which is the entire purpose of this thread, which we would like to get moving along as we believe with a good team could develop greatly and turn into a very nice site to use.

We are looking for people to join us to develop updatr and come up with new ideas and possibilities.

All I can say about the ideas we have had for this have between a blogging platform such as tumblr, then we had the idea of a more twitter-like platform. We have also had other ideas such as a web script to keep track of events and all sorts.

We are now simply wanting a final idea which we can put into production and are after people interested in joining us and making it. We are looking for dedicated individuals who can come along, mix up some ideas and then put the development into progress and come out with an excelent final product.

If you have any ideas for the project or would like to join us and aid us then please do not hesitate to get in touch via PM and we can discuss further.

Jaysun
24-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Hmm, sounds like a very interesting project. How about a kind of social hub? Youmeo for example lets people update their different services from one place but it doesn't show you updates that occurred on the different services. I would like one place where I can view all updates from my friends(facebook, myspace, twitter, flickr etc.) But also be able to update them all at the same time.

l3etrayed
24-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Could be good... just need to get a dedicated team together to work on this. Good developers especially!

Dentafrice
24-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Hmm, sounds like a very interesting project. How about a kind of social hub? Youmeo for example lets people update their different services from one place but it doesn't show you updates that occurred on the different services. I would like one place where I can view all updates from my friends(facebook, myspace, twitter, flickr etc.) But also be able to update them all at the same time.
The thing here is, you're going to have to be constantly querying all the different services, to see when your friends update, then storing their updates (because if you don't, that's more queries everytime you try to load them).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!