PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 2.80 released

Jordan3606
24-06-2009, 01:26 PM
'The playback quality of some PLAYSTATION 3 format software has been improved.'

Ah great, just what I wanted, lol. I hope this just lays the groundwork for some massive update within the next month or two. We've gone a while since the last major update. I think the elusive 2.40 was around this time last year :)

AlexOC
25-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Is that it Haha.

Theres a fault on my mine where when i use the predicted text thing on the right in a message mixed with text ive wrote, it says 'Error. Message not send.' but if i use only predicted text or only written text it works. Get it fixed Sony!

Also i think the controller sync with Fifa needs to be done, because occasionally, every 40-50 games, my player will freeze and i cant move him, i can only pass/shoot etc.

The new big update should make the ps3 immense, around August/September me thinks.

DJDynamix
25-06-2009, 05:13 PM
I previously had a PS3 but i sold it in and decided that purchasing A Xbox 360 would be a better idea. Well personally i think the PS3 is better BUT. it lacks major features like party voice chat and private voice chat, but i guess thats what you get when you pay for xbox live.

Stitch
26-06-2009, 10:39 PM
One new feature that I noticed in the update is the PS3 always puts the normal PS3 controllers as controller 1 going up, and peripherals such as Rock Band and Guitar Hero instruments as controller 7 going down. This is a problem with Guitar Hero because it chooses your main instrument depending on which controller it is so you have to go to controller settings and change the peripheral to controller 1.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!