PDA

View Full Version : New Computer Buildd (Piccyz)

Pyroka
25-06-2009, 04:39 PM
I recently finished building the computer I took about a month or two to fund up for. I'm typing on it now, even though the keyboard is so stiff and just so tacky. The backspace is the same size as a number key :'( so annoying. Its the first computer I've ever built so I'm pretty happy on how its come out, the only annoying thing is I don't have enough money for the RAM I wanted. I have to use this crappy RAM which, whilst it runs my computer OKish, it just slows the processing speed down majorly.

Anywee, this is what it contains:

CPU ~ AMD Phenom II X4 940 3GHZ
GPU ~ ZOTAC GTX 260
PSU ~ Coolermaster RealPower 850W
MOBO ~ ASUS M4N72-E nForce Chipset
CPU FAN ~ Arctic Cooling Freezer Extreme (tis massive)
HDD ~ Western Digital 1TB hard drive (forked it out of my external)
CASE ~ Coolermaster Storm Scout
RAM ~ 2x GSkill DDR2 1GB chips (its 333mhz clock :'()
CDD ~ Lightscribe 20x CD-DVD/RW.
OS ~ Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Uhh yeah and a keyboard and mouse I bought off Ebuyer, I'm using a temp monitor too that I've always had until I can get my HDMI monitor <333 Heres some piccies:

http://img229.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=photo0174.jpg

I linked them because theyre pretty big standalone, better to look at them on the imageshack site. :]

CPU-Z & GPU-Z Stats:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9549/cpuzi.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3139/gpuzw.jpg

I can post the temperatures for the GPU if anyone wants them... I've got the fan on 100% speed, its bloody loud. I'm probs gonna get a VGA cooler cuz its default on 40% fan speed and thats pretty loud anyway >.> But yeah, running about 40-45C right now. CPU is running at a cool 37C, not overclocked yet ;)

N!ck
25-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Looks good.

Sort the cabling out. For instance put the 24-pin to the right of the graphics card, between the card and the 3.5" bays and up agsinst the side of the case alongside the motherboard.

Pyroka
25-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah I was gonna do that, I cant actually get it to the right of it because the GFX card is so bloody big. I've had problems just fitting the SATA and IDE cables through the tiny gap. I'll take a picture to show what I mean... but I could probably fit the 24-pin underneath it. Nowt much else I can do with the cabling really, its all heftily reinforced with this material which must make it like... gunproof. >.>

Anyway yeah, pic in a min.

Pichaaaaa: http://img229.imageshack.us/i/photo0183k.jpg/

Its like a 3264 x 2448 so best you dont maximize it LOL. But yeah, you can see the IDE cable there which is strapped right next to the 3.5 bay drives roof, and then you can see the empty space where my 5.25 drives go. Where the red SATA cable is, is around the end of the graphics card, that'd be the only place I could slide the cable under... but it might not fit. I'll find out when I next take it apart. ^_^

N!ck
25-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah I was gonna do that, I cant actually get it to the right of it because the GFX card is so bloody big. I've had problems just fitting the SATA and IDE cables through the tiny gap. I'll take a picture to show what I mean... but I could probably fit the 24-pin underneath it. Nowt much else I can do with the cabling really, its all heftily reinforced with this material which must make it like... gunproof. >.>

Anyway yeah, pic in a min.

Pichaaaaa: http://img229.imageshack.us/i/photo0183k.jpg/

Its like a 3264 x 2448 so best you dont maximize it LOL. But yeah, you can see the IDE cable there which is strapped right next to the 3.5 bay drives roof, and then you can see the empty space where my 5.25 drives go. Where the red SATA cable is, is around the end of the graphics card, that'd be the only place I could slide the cable under... but it might not fit. I'll find out when I next take it apart. ^_^

Yeah, I didn't realise how tight it was in that gap. I'd also try and make the 4 pin power connector near the heatsink go above where the heatsink is, between it and the top of the case, then down the side of the motherboard and behind the graphics card in that small gap.

MAybe try and neatly fold the excess of the other cables and pack it all down on the bottom of the case next to where they connect to the PSU, between the PSU and your hard drive.

Pyroka
25-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I didn't realise how tight it was in that gap. I'd also try and make the 4 pin power connector near the heatsink go above where the heatsink is, between it and the top of the case, then down the side of the motherboard and behind the graphics card in that small gap.

MAybe try and neatly fold the excess of the other cables and pack it all down on the bottom of the case next to where they connect to the PSU, between the PSU and your hard drive.

Yeah I know, I struggle to get my card in LOL. I'll try and slide the cable underneath it though, because I can see it'll look so much neater. I might be able to tuck the 4pin wire around the top of the case but it'd be stuck to the side away from the motherboard. There's a fan at the top of the case, and there is seriously like 2CM seperating the heatsink from the fan. :P I'll see if it extends, because that would deffo look nice.

I tried to tie the excess cables but its just made it look messier. I might be able to shove them into the 3.5 drive bay, but I'll have to see. The wires really are a mystery to me, they don't like bending. I've tried packing it down a bit but it isnt... great. Thanks for the tips :]]!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!