PDA

View Full Version : Going to murder the EU ~ Yes I know there is a thread already, just to pissed off atm

Chippiewill
25-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Microsoft will not be offering an upgrade version of Windows 7 in Europe.
Edit: Just realized that we will get full licenses for the price of upgrade versions instead...

SCREW AMERICANS!!!

Firehorse
25-06-2009, 08:07 PM
wow that is bad "/

Stephen!
25-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Source?

Chippiewill
25-06-2009, 08:32 PM
British Broadcasting Centre

More Clues:
BBC you nub

Tomm
25-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Some kind of a link? Can't find it on their news website.

xPrecedent
25-06-2009, 08:34 PM

More Clues:
BBC you nub
Why be an ass? And it's actually British Broadcasting Corporation, "nub".

GommeInc

More Clues:
BBC you nub
Calm down my love, can you supply a link for us lazy people? :)

I wouldn't be suprised, the EU seem to hate Microsoft for little to no reason when there are other companies that are just like MS e.g. Apple.

Chippiewill
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8118749.stm

Meh, what about the app store? That is the most anti-competition thingy ever...

GommeInc
25-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Hmmm, why is the EU trying to show the world what being an arse is all about?

TA for link :)

Moh
25-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Are the EU Mac users?

GommeInc
25-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Are the EU Mac users?
Oh no, they're some European Computer company users :) Apple and Microsoft are far too American I suspect :P Do they still hate iTunes?

efq
25-06-2009, 08:47 PM
figured a bit late? The EU needs some changes, soon.

Chippiewill
25-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Remember to vote in Pirat Partiet for the next EU election.... then we get sensible tech choices...

GommeInc
25-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Remember to vote in Pirat Partiet for the next EU election.... then we get sensible tech choices...
We don't have a Pirate Party, do we? :( I doubt they'll fix this, I can't image what party would come to think of it :S

Tomm
25-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Well I don't see how it is bad for us.. we get Windows 7 full licenses at upgrade prices. Seems like a better deal than the US is getting.

Alkaz
25-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Whats so good about 7 and is this a take over from Vista? Im well confussed, as I am still a XP Pro guy.

ashyboy999
25-06-2009, 09:22 PM
so windows is crap anyway! im better on computer with windows installed apposed to macintosh but windows is the worst for viruses etc. apple computers are built to work with macintosh. thats why apple mac computers literally pawn because they are not just several different gadgets stuck together.

ive gone through 4 computers with windows all of which give me the blue screen of death although my dads apple mac is still going strong.

vista is the worst thing yet. i am on xp and i had to buy a vista computer with downgrade enabled becuase i hate vista. xp takes a quarted of a megabyte of RAM to run. vista takes at least a megabyte. many games which were built for the past operating system are not supported by vista.

i have the collection of games for lucasarts monkey island first one hit the shelves in the early 90's. i have all the first 4 of the games and not one of them works on vista. also the automatic updates can literally screw up you comp and ultimately give u the blue screen of death!. any game that play in "fullscreen mode" is not supported by vista and if you try to get around it you can literally break vista itself.

like i say im on xp there nothing wrong with it. its great i dont need this new version. americans they do it all the time they fix things that arent broken. sulake are finnish and there the same. we dont need beta because the old habbo isnt broken?

Chippiewill
25-06-2009, 09:33 PM
http://pokeh.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/facepalm.jpg

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not post pointlessly.

mat64
25-06-2009, 10:38 PM
so windows is crap anyway! im better on computer with windows installed apposed to macintosh but windows is the worst for viruses etc. apple computers are built to work with macintosh. You do realise that Apple uses very similar components to what is in the average PC? You won't have any problems with malware on your system if you not an idiot, I don't run any third party antivirus or firewall systems.

ive gone through 4 computers with windows all of which give me the blue screen of death although my dads apple mac is still going strong.BSOD aren't always caused by a OS error, they are also few and far between for most systems. 4 PCs that you have used and they've all given BSOD, don't you see the possible problem here?

vista is the worst thing yet. i am on xp and i had to buy a vista computer with downgrade enabled becuase i hate vista. xp takes a quarted of a megabyte of RAM to run. vista takes at least a megabyte. many games which were built for the past operating system are not supported by vista.Ok first of all, maybe do some research before you start spreading such bile around. Vista does require more memory to run that XP but that's down to many of the changes that came with Vista, Aero for one is one of the reasons for the increased minimum memory, which can be disabled. Secondly, are you even aware of the minimum requirements of Vista? 512MB of RAM is the minimum requirement, if your system doesn't have that I'm surprised you can run XP well.

also the automatic updates can literally screw up you comp and ultimately give u the blue screen of death!. any game that play in "fullscreen mode" is not supported by vista and if you try to get around it you can literally break vista itself.That doesn't even make sense.

like i say im on xp there nothing wrong with it. its great i dont need this new version. americans they do it all the time they fix things that arent broken. sulake are finnish and there the same. we dont need beta because the old habbo isnt broken?You can't move forward without testing, it ensures a good end product. Vista is hardly a new OS either. Frankly your post looks like it was written by someone who's read way too many Wikipedia articles.

Pyroka
25-06-2009, 11:00 PM
LOL.

I think thats a major kick in the face for the EU, talk about making them look like criminals haha! Completely unfair on the consumer I know, but jesus christ that is ownage on the EU, I wouldn't be surprised if people started venting their anger against the EU cuz of the compliance laws they've made them stick to.

Epic lol, but shame for us.

Recursion
26-06-2009, 06:46 AM
so windows is crap anyway! im better on computer with windows installed apposed to macintosh but windows is the worst for viruses etc. apple computers are built to work with macintosh. thats why apple mac computers literally pawn because they are not just several different gadgets stuck together.

Good luck failing at English there. They don't "literally pwn", I own a MacBook and it is very nice, as is my Windows machine.

ive gone through 4 computers with windows all of which give me the blue screen of death although my dads apple mac is still going strong.

See a pattern here? I have had BSODs but thats due to Manufacturer error of some hardware, which was easily fixed. If your BSODing four computers, then it's you.

vista is the worst thing yet. i am on xp and i had to buy a vista computer with downgrade enabled becuase i hate vista. xp takes a quarted of a megabyte of RAM to run. vista takes at least a megabyte. many games which were built for the past operating system are not supported by vista.

Learn to use a computer. But assuming your "megabyte" was right (LOL.) then Vista actually caches programs you have opened to make them load quicker when you want them, when you need the RAM for something else then it deletes that cache and allocates it elsewhere. They have to drop support for older products at some point.

i have the collection of games for lucasarts monkey island first one hit the shelves in the early 90's. i have all the first 4 of the games and not one of them works on vista. also the automatic updates can literally screw up you comp and ultimately give u the blue screen of death!. any game that play in "fullscreen mode" is not supported by vista and if you try to get around it you can literally break vista itself.

Get some new games then? Companies have to drop support for older products. I have had NO problems with Windows Update, apart from when I pulled the plug when it was installing them, which was an easy system restore fix. I'm always playing games like Crysis, GRID, Counter-Strike: Source in full screen mode and they work flawlessly, I can alt tab out and back into them too.

like i say im on xp there nothing wrong with it. its great i dont need this new version. americans they do it all the time they fix things that arent broken. sulake are finnish and there the same. we dont need beta because the old habbo isnt broken?

Ever wondered why XP has nothing wrong with it? It's been around double the time Vista has and has probably had double the amount of updates. Has it also ever occured to you that Microsoft is American? :/

Barmi
26-06-2009, 08:36 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8118749.stm

Meh, what about the app store? That is the most anti-competition thingy ever...
Do you even read? Microsoft are blatantly doing it to spite the EU... not to 'comply' with their regulations.

European regulators dismissed the claim, saying the move limited choices rather than opening them up.

xxMATTGxx
26-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Europeans who want to get hold of Windows 7 but have not bought a new PC will be able to buy it at a discount. In the UK, the Home Premium edition of Windows 7 will be £79.99 until 31 December 2009.

So basically I can get the Home Premium full version for £79.99 until the 31st December 2009?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!