PDA

View Full Version : Harry potter RELEASE

UnDone
26-06-2009, 08:17 PM
The first ever harry potter advert just played the trailer IS FANTSASTIC!!!
The release date is 15 july, cant wait to see it what about you? :S

Alkaz
26-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Ye, I saw it when they released the trailers earlier this year. Looks amazing, I read the book and dont know how they are splitting it into two films which both have good endings though!

UnDone
26-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I agree :P All the books are AMAZING

Plank
26-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Ye, I saw it when they released the trailers earlier this year. Looks amazing, I read the book and dont know how they are splitting it into two films which both have good endings though!
Isn't it the last film (Deathly Hallows) that is being split in two?

Chippiewill
26-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Eurghghg Deathly Hallows sucked.... it was what we all wanted which is why it sucked so badly....

buttons
26-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm sure it's still the 17th July, I thought it was moved to 15th aswell but Sam said that was only in America? I've waited an extra 8 or so months I'm sure I can wait a lil longer >;l

& yeh, it's the last one that's split into two. this is only the 2nd last.
i remember sitting in cinema with mum watching the last one, i'm like *don't read if u haven't read the 6th book coming out on movie kk*dumbledore dies next mum (this is gna be sad:'() which seems like absolutely ages ago ;_;

Sammeth.
26-06-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm sure it's still the 17th July, I thought it was moved to 15th aswell but Sam said that was only in America? I've waited an extra 8 or so months I'm sure I can wait a lil longer >;l
It was only in America but they recently bought it forward for us too. They do it pretty much every time its released cus they are cool like that.

Nicola
26-06-2009, 08:37 PM
I can't waitttttt :love7:

buttons
26-06-2009, 08:38 PM
omg sam you lied to me :/
:/
other day we were just talking about how much they missed in the last movies like when
harry gave the twins the money for their joke shop + when harry throws away the locket, U NEED TO HAVE THE ******* LOCKET IN IT BEFORE IT WILL WORK IN THE NEXT MOVIE!:@:@

Sammeth.
26-06-2009, 08:44 PM
omg sam you lied to me :/
other day we were just talking about how much they missed in the last movies like when
harry gave the twins the money for their joke shop + when harry throws away the locket, U NEED TO HAVE THE ******* LOCKET IN IT BEFORE IT WILL WORK IN THE NEXT MOVIE!:@:@
what can I say Im sick ;l

buttons
26-06-2009, 08:48 PM
WOW my friend just text me to tell me tom felton (malfoy) would be on 8 out of 10 cats, i luv him!! n it's k sam just look into the mirror of erised (DESIRE BACKWARDS GET IT I BET U DONT TBH) n u'll feel better n omg im excited now =/

Kardan
26-06-2009, 08:51 PM
I think the TV advert had a few new scenes, but there's already been 5 trailers already since it was supposed to be released in November :/

But looks great, as always :D

Mikey
26-06-2009, 08:59 PM
I can't wait =D

Plank
26-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Anyone got any links to the previews? I haven't seen them yet.

Tintinnabulate
29-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Should be on IMDB.

Dusty-09
30-06-2009, 11:35 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Can't wait!!! Its 15th July and I cant wait. But David Yeats sucks as a director, he ruined the 5th film imo and there is many details missing from the past films which will ruin the future ones >:(

MJJ
30-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Never really been a fan of the movies, but this looks really good.

Unfortunately I'll be in another country when this comes out so I'll have to watch it in a different language. >.<

Roboevil
30-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Well I think I've seen every scene but the last in trailers... there's no point in even seeing it now.

user130523
08-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Anyone got any links to the previews? I haven't seen them yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08EDK9ROFIM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96QRVfto7OM

1st one = video game
2nd one = film

BlueLord
09-07-2009, 03:09 AM
The trailor and video game seem amazing but I'm just drooling over the release date! Argh!!

Kieeran
09-07-2009, 04:16 AM
WOW my friend just text me to tell me tom felton (malfoy) would be on 8 out of 10 cats, i luv him!! n it's k sam just look into the mirror of erised (DESIRE BACKWARDS GET IT I BET U DONT TBH) n u'll feel better n omg im excited now =/
***** ive never erver erver ver noticed erised was desire backwards :(

Samishlol
09-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Harry Pottter release dates:
USA: 15TH July
UK: 17TH July

But yeah can't wait.

Samantha.
09-07-2009, 07:54 AM
I've seen the trailers, looks really good. Can't wait for it to come out :D:D
Doesn't it come out here on the 15th July aswell

Inseriousity.
09-07-2009, 10:24 AM
15th July in UK as well, Sam! :)
Woo can't wait. The video game was just below average imo and

If the game version corresponds with the movie, it looks like the Snape and Dumbledore argument is overheard by Harry and not Hagrid, which may give it all away if it's done too obvious :(

Wootzeh
09-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Already booked my tickets for next Wednesday 8pm.

Samantha.
09-07-2009, 12:38 PM
15th July in UK as well, Sam! :)
Woo can't wait. The video game was just below average imo and

If the game version corresponds with the movie, it looks like the Snape and Dumbledore argument is overheard by Harry and not Hagrid, which may give it all away if it's done too obvious :(

Thought so :)
I'm going to book tickets

LuketheDuke
09-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Is it me or does the soundtrack used on one of the trailers sound a bit funky and completely un HP like?

e5
09-07-2009, 03:29 PM
i saw the trailer in the cinema, was awesome.

Stephen!
15-07-2009, 01:59 PM
It was rubbish

myke
15-07-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm not really looking forward to this one. although, i start reading the book, get through to the middle, my friends talk about what happens and then i'm lyk meh puts under my bed and waits for the movie.

although, yeah, will be interesting.

Soka
15-07-2009, 08:31 PM
was awful. if you've read the books, don't watch this film.

key scenes missed out, book is masacared.

no memories of tom riddle shown, so if you hadn't read the book you wouldn't have a clue on why the locket was in the cave.

fight scene at the end is cut short, crap compared to the book.

jackass
15-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah, they missed out WAYYYY too much.

Wahey
16-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Another reason i won't see this film then

Robbie
16-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Crap with a capital C, so much missed out.

Tintinnabulate
16-07-2009, 10:22 AM
When they did a preview on a test audience months ago, they hated it. Looks like people still have the same opinion.

DavidDaveDavid
16-07-2009, 01:58 PM

no memories of tom riddle shown, so if you hadn't read the book you wouldn't have a clue on why the locket was in the cave.

When Dumbledore visited Tom Riddle in the orphanage Tom had a photo on the wall of the rock and the cave, I was disappointed too when I saw the fight was not there but it was still a very good film in my opinion.

Simmzay
17-07-2009, 05:41 PM

Hasn't this been the case since the fourth film?

MrPinkPanther
17-07-2009, 06:04 PM
If you are complaining about it missing out too much from the book then frankly you are an idiot and don't deserve to have an opinion. Of course its going to miss stuff out, its a long book and an average length film. Of course they are going to change things, sometimes things that work well in a book wont in a film and vice versa. As far as film adaptions go I think they did a pretty good job of it and as a movie on its own it was pretty good imo.

Stephen!
17-07-2009, 06:13 PM
If you are complaining about it missing out too much from the book then frankly you are an idiot and don't deserve to have an opinion. Of course its going to miss stuff out, its a long book and an average length film. Of course they are going to change things, sometimes things that work well in a book wont in a film and vice versa. As far as film adaptions go I think they did a pretty good job of it and as a movie on its own it was pretty good imo.

Would it have been too much to ask to put in the huge fight scenes at the end? It would have been awesome.

Jahova
17-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Excellent film. Excellent SFX and excellent acting. I'm not a potter fan but my friends dragged me along and I enjoyed it very much.

Janet Snakehole
17-07-2009, 06:19 PM
i thought the film was poor compared to the others, espesh the ending! :(

Dusty-09
17-07-2009, 06:26 PM
OMG HP is getting ruined, and I know its this stupid director:

http://www.uploadpicz.com/images/89Untitled.jpg

Improvement, no?

Kyle
18-07-2009, 12:58 AM
what the hell was the burning burrow about

Dusty-09
18-07-2009, 09:26 AM
what the hell was the burning burrow about

No idea tbh, there were many flaws. I think they added the burrow to replace the battle of hogwarts? Anyway, they had Hagrid with a wand, wasn't he expelled & he has a pink umbrella :S Also, the Millenium bridge was built in 2000, yet HP6 is in 1996 so that is another flaw that they have where they destroyed the bridge. And some scenes were just random and they hardly made reference to Half Blood Prince. I think this was the crappest film yet

wickedcandy
18-07-2009, 09:59 AM
I wanna see it but some ppl say it's crap lol. Ive read all books; dunno if film is better :P Will wait for Orange wednesday haha :)

MrPinkPanther
18-07-2009, 10:14 AM
No idea tbh, there were many flaws. I think they added the burrow to replace the battle of hogwarts? Anyway, they had Hagrid with a wand, wasn't he expelled & he has a pink umbrella :S Also, the Millenium bridge was built in 2000, yet HP6 is in 1996 so that is another flaw that they have where they destroyed the bridge. And some scenes were just random and they hardly made reference to Half Blood Prince. I think this was the crappest film yet

The only flaw with it is they changed the ending. But to be honest I think it was better like that, it ended on a sad, emotional note because Dumbledore had died which is why it would have made no sense to put a massive fight scene in. When you are reading a book you have time to be sad for Dumbledore before the fight but in a film there isn't time for that since its only 2 hours long so a fight scene would have been completely out of place. As for the Bridge argument, that's ridiculous. In the book they sank the fictional Brockdale bridge and in the film it was replaced by the millennium bridge which is real so people can relate to it more and it has more impact.

Dusty-09
18-07-2009, 10:31 AM
The only flaw with it is they changed the ending. But to be honest I think it was better like that, it ended on a sad, emotional note because Dumbledore had died which is why it would have made no sense to put a massive fight scene in. When you are reading a book you have time to be sad for Dumbledore before the fight but in a film there isn't time for that since its only 2 hours long so a fight scene would have been completely out of place. As for the Bridge argument, that's ridiculous. In the book they sank the fictional Brockdale bridge and in the film it was replaced by the millennium bridge which is real so people can relate to it more and it has more impact.

It didn't help, you don't know much about the actual story, there's less detail, about horcruxes and harry's mission. And if they had split scenes and kept going back and forth, maybe it would work I dunno or at least a small one since it didn't add effect and you lost interest. The bridge, I'm just pointing out how the times are out of place and why would you want to relate to the Millennium bridge its just a bridge. Although, I think that the Millennium bridge simply replaced the brockdale one as no reference of a name is made. I just think key details were missed. They could've created an emotional note and missed out some of the pointless scenes they had. They should've put in the funeral and the fight scene, and gotten rid of the burrow attack, some small scenes & others. Also, maybe not put the above in, but at least make the scene where they are in the cave more believable I admit that some parts were tense although some I wasn't gripped. It wasn't great, and a lot of people agree.

Stephen!
18-07-2009, 10:34 AM
They should have started it like the book. Albus talking to the prime minister

Dusty-09
18-07-2009, 10:56 AM
They should have started it like the book. Albus talking to the prime minister

It was Fudge...

N!ck
18-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Yes, it was flawed, but I quite liked this film for some reason. I though it was one of the best HP films yet even though none of them are particularly brilliant especially in comparrison to the books.

Joord
18-07-2009, 11:01 AM
I haven't read the book or anythign so cannot compare it. but compared to the other films it's one of the worst. so boring, hardly any quirky magic like on the other films, and random scenes an love triangles that dragged out. The film seemed to have waaay to much filler in it, which could have been tooken out an replaced by better scenes. there was a few good scenes though, just not loads.

LuketheDuke
18-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Thought the film was totally confused and rushed in relation to the book. Saying that its a long book and they did well to compress it into a credible film.

What I cant look over though is Bonnie Wrights acting, give me a ginger wig and I could do better than that! Also I think their setting the films on terms with the modern day as the films started before the books had finished which meant the full vision hadnt been set out by Rowling by then.

MrPinkPanther
18-07-2009, 12:19 PM
It wasn't great, and a lot of people agree.
However the mast majority wouldn't as the reviews on sites like Rotten Tomatoes have proven. Believe me, I'm a big potter fan. I can guarantee I read the last book before you did but the films were never going to be the same as the books. You have to watch them as they were intended to be, a film, to appreciate them.

Dusty-09
18-07-2009, 02:07 PM
However the mast majority wouldn't as the reviews on sites like Rotten Tomatoes have proven. Believe me, I'm a big potter fan. I can guarantee I read the last book before you did but the films were never going to be the same as the books. You have to watch them as they were intended to be, a film, to appreciate them.

As am I, honestly, I think the potter films are great, its the director who ruins it. Obviously the film and book can never be 100% accurate with each other, and you need to count in big aspects of films and what makes a film, a film. But it was one of those films that stretched things but I enjoyed some parts. An ok film, a let down compared to previous..

Tristan
18-07-2009, 04:13 PM
and excellent acting.

lol .

Stephen!
18-07-2009, 04:16 PM
It was Fudge...

Seems like you remember more than I do :P

Dusty-09
18-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Seems like you remember more than I do :P

yeah, I guess lol :)

Seany
19-07-2009, 01:51 AM
good: acting was good
bad: missed out 99% of the book or changed it

was kinda disappointed :/

le harry
19-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Haven't read the book in quite some time now but the only thing 'major' thing they missed was the fight at the end for me. Nonetheless it was pretty good.

Ontario
19-07-2009, 04:05 PM
I just watched the film and to be honest i thought it was the worst out of all of them so far i mean the book isn't very good in my opinion and is just a bridge for 'OOTP' to 'TDH'. But the film's acting was worse then usual and the story is so all over the place i expect someone who didn't already know the story may have found it harder to follow. I personally am not a fan of the Potter films cinematography so this one just follows suit.

-:Undertaker:-
19-07-2009, 04:23 PM
I enjoyed it, much better than the last one which was awful and the Dumbledore moment was quite moving. :(

Jordan
19-07-2009, 08:22 PM
The Latest Harry Potter Film Is Great [In My Opinion]
It nearly ------ my self when HP went down to get water for dumbledore and the hand came up :L

Cant wait for next film (L) I Hate reading books

crazed
19-07-2009, 09:10 PM
I enjoyed it, much better than the last one which was awful and the Dumbledore moment was quite moving. :(

Yea i was like -Sniff :[ Daymmm Emma looked fine. Wouldn't mind showing her my wand ;) LOL

Mickword
19-07-2009, 09:23 PM
its amazing sad at the end :).

Bef
20-07-2009, 10:58 AM
anyone looking for a working torrent
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/108157477/Harry+Potter+Half+Blood+Prince?tab=summary
im using vlc media player to watch it and it seems fine. not really good enough to sell but its ok to watch, anyone find a better one then please let me know :)

Wahey
25-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Saw it, i didn't really enjoy it, girls started crying when they all put their wands in the sky near the end

Blinger1
25-07-2009, 07:54 AM
way to bump an old thread :rolleyes:

Wahey
25-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Not that old xx

Amberr
25-07-2009, 09:53 AM
i havnt seen it yet :( i soo want to tho

Jam
25-07-2009, 01:11 PM
way to bump an old thread :rolleyes:

The thread was 5 days old for christ sake.

And I seen it yesturday, although the people who I was with pissed around the entire thing, so I need to go see it again in peace.

Dan2nd
25-07-2009, 05:01 PM
I have just got back from seeing it..

I went in thinking it was going to be crap but was quite pleased with how the film went. There are a lot of things I would have liked to see in the film from the book but unlike the Order of the Pheonix I walked out and thought it was quite a decent film.

Just a few things I want to mention though.. (sorry if already mentioned)

How come Hermione looked like she was going to burst into tears when Ron pointed out that she had cream on her face?

I've always imagined Fenire Greyback to be short and fat as he always seemed so greedy in the books :P so kind of found it difficult to except how he looked in the film

Would the Snape we know really have let Harry run off after slashing Draco into shreds?.. he didn't in the book

How come the Burrow was blown up seriously not sure how they're going to start the next film now :O

Hagrid and Harry seemed to be a bit frosty with each other in their scenes together it was like they'd fallen out :O

jackass
25-07-2009, 06:07 PM
How come Hermione looked like she was going to burst into tears when Ron pointed out that she had cream on her face?
Out of embarrassment I presume!

I've always imagined Fenire Greyback to be short and fat as he always seemed so greedy in the books :P so kind of found it difficult to except how he looked in the film
Dunno, I always imagined him to look like that, but a bit bigger and a bit more fierce.

Would the Snape we know really have let Harry run off after slashing Draco into shreds?.. he didn't in the book
Yeah, they changed a lot of stuff, disapointing really...

How come the Burrow was blown up seriously not sure how they're going to start the next film now :O
Once again, yeah, they messed up big time there. :(

Hagrid and Harry seemed to be a bit frosty with each other in their scenes together it was like they'd fallen out :O
Yeah I thought that, don't really know what to say. :P

Just answered a few things. :P

luce
27-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I seriously need to go and see it in the cinema becuase i just got back off holiday after leaving on the 15th.. im so tempted to watch it on the net but it will ruin it i think

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!