PDA

View Full Version : COD4 server

engaged
28-06-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm looking to buy a small call of duty 4 server.. I dont want to spend any more than £20 per month though. It's just going to be a noscoping / knife server because there arent enough of them :P So yeah does anyone know any reliable hosts that are cheap?
+rep to suggestions, and if you're interesting in helping with the server, add jaxite on xfire :)

edit: i just bought a 10 slot server from gameservers.com, pending atm, if you're interested in being admin add [email protected] to msn

mat64
28-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Gameservers.com are good, although make sure you've chosen their London datacenter. I've got some experience in COD4 server configuration (had two popular ones about a year ago), as it's abit different to good ol' source. If you need any help you can PM me but I'm sure that won't be much of a problem considering Google is your friend ;). Easy way of getting your server popular, just put crossfire, strike, backlot and crash in the rotation only and it'll attract 'em like flies. I had servers that would just fill up on thier own at about 4pm-3am, just based on that rotation. What game mode(s) are you going to run?

If your planning on expanding in the future look around for a few sites that offer clan packages, I once game across a really good one which was 24 slot, 20 slot for £20 a month, both public. That company shut down however. If your looking for a good UK based host I'd recommend KillerCreation (http://www.killercreation.co.uk/) we currently have 3 R300 severs with them and thier support and network is impeccable.

Stefy09
28-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Dude you should of gone with www.e-frag.co.uk (http://www.e-frag.co.uk), you could of got 16 slots for the same price as 10 slots on gameservers.com, or you could of got 10 slots on e-frag.co.uk for less than £5, I've never had trouble with them, they are the best uk gameserver hosting. Btw thats £5 for 10 slots with no branding, public and everything

Chippiewill
07-07-2009, 01:51 PM
ukgame.com, potentially 40slots...

underscore
10-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Don't bother buying one if it's just for like knife only and stuff, open your ports in your router then just host a server off of your computer, only if it's competitive and serious and you want loads of slots and a steady lag free good fps server then you'll buy one. There's guides on Google how to host dedicated servers off of your computer and run mods and stuff.

http://www.portforward.com/

Select your router, then select the game, it'll tell you what ports you need to open for people to be able to connect to your server.

Also, if you do wanna buy one and can't be bothered with that go with www.ukgame.com they're really good I've got a 20 slot Garry's Mod server and it's as little as £10 a month and I think it's 49p per slot which is a really good deal.

Oleh
12-07-2009, 08:20 AM
32 slots £17.38

www.ukgame.com

Maczorx
20-07-2009, 02:21 AM
If you bought it please tell, i'd like to play. =]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!