PDA

View Full Version : CoD 6

Jord
28-06-2009, 02:45 AM
Shall I pre-order it this week Or shall I buy a different game when it comes out?

Either one I dont care so ill leave it up to you guys.

28-06-2009, 03:27 AM
Id buy a new game because you know there will be more than enough copys for everyone once it does come out.

Zokoli
28-06-2009, 07:32 AM
pre-order it now! ;D

gangsterRock
28-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Shall I pre-order it this week Or shall I buy a different game when it comes out?

Either one I dont care so ill leave it up to you guys.

To be honest you should pre order cause then by the time you get it you could of bought another game. But Its Up to you

dbgtz
28-06-2009, 07:45 AM
If you lived near an asda when it was like £20 for cod:waw on release date, then don't. lol.

Blinger1
28-06-2009, 07:56 AM
You might get some perks (no pun intended) if you do pre-order.

In Aus, you get some extras for pre-ordering like maybe a figurine set or some crap.

dbgtz
28-06-2009, 08:54 AM
You'll get double tap so your waste comes out quicker if you go to play.com

Jordy
28-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Id buy a new game because you know there will be more than enough copys for everyone once it does come out.Not usually the case, a lot of people thought that when GTA IV was released but a day later it was virtually impossible to find a copy in the shops.

Oleh
28-06-2009, 12:15 PM
I reckon everyone who pre-orders will get something special, seeing as cod WaW gave you the M1

28-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Not usually the case, a lot of people thought that when GTA IV was released but a day later it was virtually impossible to find a copy in the shops.

Oh well around me if one place doesent have a game I have like 4 more places I can go to before ordering from like amazon or seomthine.

Skajo
28-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I have got every game around the release date when I wanted it including GTA IV. I had no problem getting it.

28-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I have got every game around the release date when I wanted it including GTA IV. I had no problem getting it.

same her, hence why i said get another for now.

Jord
29-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Not usually the case, a lot of people thought that when GTA IV was released but a day later it was virtually impossible to find a copy in the shops.

Thats the reason I made this thread lol

I reckon everyone who pre-orders will get something special, seeing as cod WaW gave you the M1

yeh I think people who pre-order faster will get like a beta code maybe ;p

Neil
29-06-2009, 11:53 AM
I think I read somewhere that MW2 wont have a beta, can't remember where I saw that though, I'd buy a new game now, if you have a steady income you'll easily have enough money to pre-order it later, no point pre-ordering so early if you only have enough to pre-order or buy something else.

I'll be pre-ordering as soon as I get money, always pre-order since you normally get it early then, don't see why people are against pre-ordering, you don't pay until they send the game off and it secures you a copy, not to mention bonuses some games offer for pre-orders, the slight reduction in price and the fact you normally get it early.

Skajo
29-06-2009, 04:27 PM
It doesn't secure you a copy AT ALL. If the store doesn't have enough of them then you don't get it - I remember this happening with a couple of high profile games including GTA IV. I just strolled down to Morrisons and bought it no problem.

Oleh
29-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Well nobody really goes morrisons or asda, cuz they dont advertise they have the game, so usually they are full or half stocked and people are like "omgawdzzzzz game has run owt of cod 6 nooaawww"

Gangster
29-06-2009, 06:21 PM
I think I read somewhere that MW2 wont have a beta, can't remember where I saw that though, I'd buy a new game now, if you have a steady income you'll easily have enough money to pre-order it later, no point pre-ordering so early if you only have enough to pre-order or buy something else.

I'll be pre-ordering as soon as I get money, always pre-order since you normally get it early then, don't see why people are against pre-ordering, you don't pay until they send the game off and it secures you a copy, not to mention bonuses some games offer for pre-orders, the sligh.t reduction in price and the fact you normally get it early.
False news.

Favourtism
29-06-2009, 06:28 PM

I'll be pre-ordering as soon as I get money, always pre-order since you normally get it early then, don't see why people are against pre-ordering, you don't pay until they send the game off and it secures you a copy, not to mention bonuses some games offer for pre-orders, the slight reduction in price and the fact you normally get it early.
They are refusing to comment on BETA, the devs will be stupid not to as the game will launch with a bunch of bugs

Skajo
29-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Well nobody really goes morrisons or asda, cuz they dont advertise they have the game, so usually they are full or half stocked and people are like "omgawdzzzzz game has run owt of cod 6 nooaawww"
You do understand how stupid you sound?

Neil
29-06-2009, 11:17 PM
It doesn't secure you a copy AT ALL. If the store doesn't have enough of them then you don't get it - I remember this happening with a couple of high profile games including GTA IV. I just strolled down to Morrisons and bought it no problem.

Yes it does, if you pre-order the day before maybe not but if you pre-order maybe up to a week before release you'll almost certainly get the game on time, when you pre-order a game it sends from the warehouse, not the store itself, that would just be stupid.

They are refusing to comment on BETA, the devs will be stupid not to as the game will launch with a bunch of bugs

They can easily do a closed beta for the company beta testers, what most game companies do, you don't get a public beta for every game released, they may do a public beta, they may not, you never know until they say something about it.

Favourtism
30-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Yes it does, if you pre-order the day before maybe not but if you pre-order maybe up to a week before release you'll almost certainly get the game on time, when you pre-order a game it sends from the warehouse, not the store itself, that would just be stupid.

They can easily do a closed beta for the company beta testers, what most game companies do, you don't get a public beta for every game released, they may do a public beta, they may not, you never know until they say something about it.
Yes I know but IW are all about generating hype pre-release. Look whats happened so far. If a BETA came out I bet they would get over a million pre-orders.

Neil
30-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes I know but IW are all about generating hype pre-release. Look whats happened so far. If a BETA came out I bet they would get over a million pre-orders.

The game doesn't need a beta to get pre-orders, most people will pre-order without a beta, the only people that pre-order based on a beta are people that are too scared to put money on a game they might not like, which wouldn't make sense for there to be many people like that because it's such a big title, if you played and enjoyed CoD4 I can't see why you wouldn't enjoy CoD6, providing they haven't changed too many gameplay mechanics.

Favourtism
30-06-2009, 02:54 PM
The game doesn't need a beta to get pre-orders, most people will pre-order without a beta, the only people that pre-order based on a beta are people that are too scared to put money on a game they might not like, which wouldn't make sense for there to be many people like that because it's such a big title, if you played and enjoyed CoD4 I can't see why you wouldn't enjoy CoD6, providing they haven't changed too many gameplay mechanics.
Have a look on the IW Forum. Half the people there won't pre-order till a BETA/Demo is released.

Yes true, but they are scared that they have ****** up MP with double-attachments or other crap.

Bowling hinted in an interview there would be features for those who pre-order so I assume if you pre-order you'll get a BETA code in August or something.

dbgtz
30-06-2009, 05:03 PM
You get a week of double xp.

Favourtism
30-06-2009, 08:22 PM
You get a week of double xp.
******** until confirmed by IW

Oleh
30-06-2009, 08:29 PM
You do understand how stupid you sound?

How do i?

PaulMacC
30-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Nothing has been confirmed yet, I doubt there will be a BETA though. I just have a feeling there wont be one.

Oleh
30-06-2009, 08:57 PM
There will be a BETA in late october, its obvious, theres also probably going to be a double xp event sometime in late december

Favourtism
30-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Nothing has been confirmed yet, I doubt there will be a BETA though. I just have a feeling there wont be one.
Sadly, I am starting to feel the same. Bowling's said that August/October will at least have a video on youtube showing off a new perk though so that's gunna be cool.

There will be a BETA in late october, its obvious, theres also probably going to be a double xp event sometime in late december
If 'probably' aka your opinion you can't say there will be lol

01-07-2009, 04:48 AM
my feeling is if theres a beta great, if not, who cares?
its cod modern warefare 2. made by infinity ward. its gonna be a great game. the reason a lot of people hated waw (including myself) is because cod 4 was great, than they went back in the past with waw and people were like, wheres my m16? p90? barrett?
just my opinion.

Jord
01-07-2009, 05:06 AM
Have a look on the IW Forum. Half the people there won't pre-order till a BETA/Demo is released.

Yes true, but they are scared that they have ****** up MP with double-attachments or other crap.

Bowling hinted in an interview there would be features for those who pre-order so I assume if you pre-order you'll get a BETA code in August or something.

they should use there common sence, The CoD 5 Beta was amazing if you ask anyone who had it

then when the game came it, It was the worst cod game every.

Oleh
01-07-2009, 06:28 AM
Well, I heard the perks are RPG style, where you earn them through completing challenges based on them, such as iron lungs is breathing in with sniper, extreme conditioning is running alot

The game will have armour and clothes (Yay) so basically cod + rainbow 6 vegas + morrowind = best game ever

dbgtz
01-07-2009, 12:01 PM
I doubt that about perks personally, It's not cods style.

Also you can't say cod:waw is worst cod ever, it's not much different to cod4 lol (in terms of how u play, not guns/maps etc.).

Favourtism
01-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Well, I heard the perks are RPG style, where you earn them through completing challenges based on them, such as iron lungs is breathing in with sniper, extreme conditioning is running alot

The game will have armour and clothes (Yay) so basically cod + rainbow 6 vegas + morrowind = best game ever
No offence, but you always post these rumours which are complete ********.

There's no confirmation of any of that. ;\

Neil
01-07-2009, 01:13 PM
they should use there common sence, The CoD 5 Beta was amazing if you ask anyone who had it

then when the game came it, It was the worst cod game every.

Someone never played CoD3 then.

PaulMacC
01-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Actually the reason why most people hated Call of Duty World at War was because of a few things
- Horrible spawn system
- Unbalanced weapons (SMG's > Everything)
- MP40 damage glitch
- The amount of un-needed perks added
- Horrible map design

01-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Actually the reason why most people hated Call of Duty World at War was because of a few things
- Horrible spawn system
- MP40 damage glitch
- Horrible map design

nah I didnt like it because it was going in the past. i prefer modern > ww2

Neil
02-07-2009, 03:04 PM
- Horrible spawn system
- MP40 damage glitch
- Horrible map design

What do you mean horrible spawn system? CoD4 wasn't exactly lacking the exact same problem, CoD4 had countless un-needed perks, unbalanced weapons and some of the maps were awful, you can't say those are why people hated it when CoD4 had exactly the same issues, I mean the perfect example is the M16, that gun would be just about everything hands down, you didn't need any other weapon.

Stitch
02-07-2009, 04:21 PM
What do you mean horrible spawn system? CoD4 wasn't exactly lacking the exact same problem, CoD4 had countless un-needed perks, unbalanced weapons and some of the maps were awful, you can't say those are why people hated it when CoD4 had exactly the same issues, I mean the perfect example is the M16, that gun would be just about everything hands down, you didn't need any other weapon.
I agree. I think a lot of people didn't like WaW because of the tanks in multiplayer and going back to WW2. WW2 is my favourite setting though so it didn't really bother me.

Neil
02-07-2009, 04:35 PM
I agree. I think a lot of people didn't like WaW because of the tanks in multiplayer and going back to WW2. WW2 is my favourite setting though so it didn't really bother me.

Yea I wasn't keen on the vehicles, all TA had to do was add a MP section that was with vehicles and one without, shame they didn't do that, but yea, I prefer WW2 anyway, the guns were 100x better than modern weapons, but almost everyone on that plays CoD on this forum is too interested in super high technology, the problem with MW is that it's no where near as realistic as the WW2 ones, you can't compete with WW2 because modern combat is pretty much go in, exract VIPs, supress enemies, modern weaponary is mostly to hold the enemy back or force to bring them down, not to kill, when you have them going rambo style as military operatives it just breaks the realism, which is why I prefer WW2 shooters because the guns were made to bring what they hit down, powerful, loud, the combat was to go in seize the objective whatever that may be and do whatever you had too in order to complete the objective, modern combat is not like that, they don't run into rooms shooting every single person, the major flaw with CoD4 that I had was when you had to kill Zakheav or whatever his name was, your objective was to kill him, it wouldn't of been that, why would you kill the guy that has all the information you need?

Favourtism
02-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Yea I wasn't keen on the vehicles, all TA had to do was add a MP section that was with vehicles and one without, shame they didn't do that, but yea, I prefer WW2 anyway, the guns were 100x better than modern weapons, but almost everyone on that plays CoD on this forum is too interested in super high technology, the problem with MW is that it's no where near as realistic as the WW2 ones, you can't compete with WW2 because modern combat is pretty much go in, exract VIPs, supress enemies, modern weaponary is mostly to hold the enemy back or force to bring them down, not to kill, when you have them going rambo style as military operatives it just breaks the realism, which is why I prefer WW2 shooters because the guns were made to bring what they hit down, powerful, loud, the combat was to go in seize the objective whatever that may be and do whatever you had too in order to complete the objective, modern combat is not like that, they don't run into rooms shooting every single person, the major flaw with CoD4 that I had was when you had to kill Zakheav or whatever his name was, your objective was to kill him, it wouldn't of been that, why would you kill the guy that has all the information you need?

It's called a GAME for a reason lol xD

If it was so realistic in WAW then why was there last stand for about 30 seconds etc

dbgtz
02-07-2009, 06:15 PM

They didn't need information off him, they needed to kill him as he lead the group and was sending nukes and stuff.

Also lol @ waw shi no numa. I done weapons glitch once (because we only needed 1 section) and i had the ray gun, flame thrower and a ppsh and I was thinking -lol if i get a wunderwaffe- and I did so it was like LOL.
Then the other guy died, I got trapped and died. :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!