PDA

View Full Version : Ight... Newb help

StickMan
28-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Hey!

So I decided to start a new hobby in my life... Layouts

I have many doubts and hope someone can help me out...

I know most of my questions are stupid/noob/idiot/what ever you want to call but I'm just starting... sooooo

1) Is there any size a layout has to be done? Or is up to me to decide? Like.. Im working on a 24" IMac, but how will I know the layout will look good on a 14" laptop?

2) A non-coded layout is just the plain image?
Example
http://i40.tinypic.com/292xlhf.png

2) A coded layout is when you cut the squares or sections in the layout and then with codes (lol) you give form to the site depending on the content?

3) For coding can I use Dreamweaver? like.. I know I can but is it better to use this or just open a notepad?

4) Can I add flash things? Like buttons and stuff? how you merge it with the rest of the code?

5) Yea Im stupid in this.. and my english sucks.. sorry, I'm Mexican jeje

Anyways, thanks alot to who can answer and ofc +REP

BTW: I just copy the layout of someones thread in here, THE LAYOUT IS NOT MINE, I JUST USED IT AS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY.

.Zi
28-06-2009, 06:50 AM
I don't know the answer to some of them but:
1) Yes, the layout can be done any size you would like, when you have finished coding it you can press control and + or - to zoom in and out to see what it would be like on other screen resolutions.
2) Yes, an uncoded layout is just a plain image, this tends to be a .PNG file, this has the best quality.
3) I'm not sure I understand completely what you mean, so I'm going to try my best. When you code a Layout, you slice it into sections, so you would cut your banner, navigation, content boxes etc. and save them all in the same folder under the names banner, navigation, content boxes etc. but, remember, for the best quality save them as a .PNG. After you have cut every section up into images, you now need to code it, I personally use PHPDesigner which you can download by 'clicking here' (http://www.mpsoftware.dk/downloads.php). Then you can follow Dylan's tuts at www.habbofansite.net/tuts.
4) Yes, for coding you can use dreamweaver, I personally don't know how you would code using dreamweaver, but I do know it is possible.
5) Yes you can add buttons and drop down menus, rolling images and alot of other intresting things to make your site look nice, I don't know how I'm afraid, although I think you can use 'this site (http://www.w3.org/)', it has alot of tutorials on it.
6) Have fun!

I'm not sure all of that is correct, but it is what I think is correct.

StickMan
28-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Awsome man! Thanks! +Rep!

.Zi
28-06-2009, 08:29 AM

kk.
28-06-2009, 07:41 PM
to the layout question, make it no wider than 1000px. best way to make it look acceptable on all monitors is to either make the layout fluid, or have a repeating background for the header and footer or all of the background.

Cutter
28-06-2009, 09:21 PM
i keep mine as 800x700

and didn't he use a top layout as the sample XD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!