PDA

View Full Version : VERY FIRST HOSTING LAYOUT! :D

strutz
28-06-2009, 07:53 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2573wr8.jpg

i'm quite pleased with it! i'm open for feedback and criticism. x's on advert is for clients to "delete" the adverts and then more content would be unveiled whilst the bottom content slides up.

Cutter
28-06-2009, 09:30 PM
looks good, 1 thing i don't like is the nav and top text is to bright, can't really read it, lol

e5
28-06-2009, 09:32 PM
looks good, 1 thing i don't like is the nav and top text is to bright, can't really read it, lol
:S what cant you read

engaged
28-06-2009, 09:41 PM
i dislike it, alot.
The background image is low quality, terrible fonts, bad usage of stocks, cant read the plans..

shizzle
28-06-2009, 10:02 PM
You guys are mean, it's only his/her first layout, apart from unreadable text, it's alright.

Jaysun
29-06-2009, 12:40 AM
The nav and font needs to be changed, other than that its good for your first hosting layout.

Mentor
29-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Looks a little washed out, a few bright colours would likely help, also it looks weird how the clouds suddenly stop, some form of transparency may be an idea instead of suddenly switching to the gradient.
Marquees should generally be avoided so i'd probs cut that out completely (top bit) plus theres not enough contrast with the background images and the font colours used, making it hard to read the text, id make the bottom text section less transparent and maybe fade the plans sunflower zones a bit to.

In future its often better to go for a cleaner look, big solid colors rather than lots of images, and strong prominent text areas :) web 2.0 ish

Good first go and i wish you good luck with your second. Practice makes perfect after all :)

Zak
29-06-2009, 02:10 AM
not too shabby :) does the job well :)

iDenning
29-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Looks a little washed out, a few bright colours would likely help, also it looks weird how the clouds suddenly stop, some form of transparency may be an idea instead of suddenly switching to the gradient.
Marquees should generally be avoided so i'd probs cut that out completely (top bit) plus theres not enough contrast with the background images and the font colours used, making it hard to read the text, id make the bottom text section less transparent and maybe fade the plans sunflower zones a bit to.

In future its often better to go for a cleaner look, big solid colors rather than lots of images, and strong prominent text areas :) web 2.0 ish

Good first go and i wish you good luck with your second. Practice makes perfect after all :)
'Practice makes perfect' BUT 'nobody is perfect' :P

Really good layout for your first, i'd have to agree with Mentor

Samishlol
29-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I really like it. Well done.

Skajo
29-06-2009, 04:31 PM
You guys are mean, it's only his/her first layout, apart from unreadable text, it's alright.
It's really not. I don't care if it is their first layout - it's horrid.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!