PDA

View Full Version : Hex Code Tutorial

Mentor
17-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Just a random tutorial, im writing here, since im redoing my own siute's tutorial system.

Anyway, understanding hex. many people just see the numbers, as meaningless in themselves, and just realting to a certain colour, This is actaly untrue.

Hex, actaly conatins the rbg colour infomation

for exsample

ffffff

The fist 2 numbers are how much read, the second to how much green and the final 2 how much blue.

Hex thogh does not count in the normal way, it has 16 numbers

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F

0 being no colour and F being maximum colour

so as you may exspect

would give black, having no colour from anything

ffffff
would give you white having max coulor from everything

and
0000ff

would give blue, having the maximum from that colour, and none from any of the others.

And so on for the other primary colours.

Like paint, you mix these together to make more colours
ffff00

would give yellow for exsample.

And you can then, vary the intencity of the colours, by simply editing the strenghs of them.

say insted of max strengh

FF

you may have
7F

the first number in to 2 digest for the hex intencty, is the most important, as the second number is more like the fine tuning.

by varying the rgb infomation in the hex you can creat all the coulrs you may need to.

I hope this helps people by throwing some light on what exscatly hex is and how it works :D

-JT-
18-07-2005, 04:55 PM
not really much help :s

well written and explained thouhg, well done

splintercell!
18-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Nice i suppose it helps you construct different colours with out the help of a chart..

Mentor
18-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Its basicaly useful knolage, as you dont always have access to the net, or to a colour chat programs while makeing sites its good to still know what your doing when those resorces are cut off :D

Same reason its better to know html, than rely complty on a website editing program :D

plus its rair to find hex code tutorials around, so it makes a change :)

the wombats
18-07-2005, 05:07 PM
mentor did i annoy you that much asking for sites with the coeds on :p thanks, it will help

Anderman
18-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Ahhh,
I never acutally knew it worked like that

Good tut, Nicely explained

Crying-Angel
30-07-2005, 11:47 PM
:o took me about 2 hours to explain that to one person one time x'] altho i taught them how to get from digital - to binary - to hex to make the exact colour needed....

good tutorial tho =']

Lysine
02-08-2005, 07:47 PM
IT KINDA HELPED ME

JoeComins
03-08-2005, 08:22 AM
I've never really thought of the origins and about hex codes

ty

smallbabywipes
03-08-2005, 08:25 AM
I think that is soooo lamb,
like u r a geek aint ya
omfing god

JoeComins
03-08-2005, 08:30 AM
so you would rather act kool, and be a complete gonk than be clever.

Fr the best websites, people can charge up to £15,000. I've seen smeone I know do one for that before. So smallbabywipes, which would you rather do?

Drive around in your porsche? [ they are for ppl who think their rich but not ] and have a text book girlfriend who you pay to sit next to you in your convertable and get in loads of debt, then become bankrupt on your £20,000 Salary, or get around £20,000 for a few weeks work? and have a good car like the Ferrari F430 for £110,000, or better, the MC12 for around £550,000???

Your choice gonk

CHHosting
18-08-2005, 06:25 AM
Nice mentor ;) Now i can actually understand hex codes ;/

Mentor
18-08-2005, 06:47 AM
I think that is soooo lamb,
like u r a geek aint ya
omfing god
No lambs are what sheep give birth to, this would be a tutoral, i know this must be a little confusing to someone of your level.:rolleyes:
And by geek if you mean smart, yes very much so :D

splintercell!
18-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Lol :P Girstly smallbabywipes (what the hell is up with the name) is jut the average brainless chav :D and gamesguru if someone is stupid enough to buy a site for 15,000 then they need to be shot :)

Mentor
18-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Lol :P Girstly smallbabywipes (what the hell is up with the name) is jut the average brainless chav :D and gamesguru if someone is stupid enough to buy a site for 15,000 then they need to be shot :)
Thats quite a cheep fee for a proffanal web design "/ it can cost in to the 100 000's quite easly "/

splintercell!
18-08-2005, 09:26 AM
only if your inheriting Amazon :P I see what you mean though. But most company's cover the sites in ad's and stuff. Its just the way Gamesguru thinks hes best mates with these people :')

-whiteflame-
18-08-2005, 09:26 AM
nice tutorial. i always wondered how it worked. now i know

Mentor
18-08-2005, 09:38 AM
only if your inheriting Amazon :P I see what you mean though. But most company's cover the sites in ad's and stuff. Its just the way Gamesguru thinks hes best mates with these people :')
The ones covered in ads are the amiture places that problydont make much, check out some of the big places like http://www.fantasy-interactive.com/ for exsample "/ they would be making the massive amounts of there stuff

JoeComins
18-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Actually, I do no someone who doesn't have a job, but works for himself, and he proberly knows more than Carl. He's spent more than £25,000 on courses for computers and computer programming and stuff. And it's not someone from msn.

My mothers boyfriends or my step dad, whichever you prefer has been mates with him since school. So before you start thinking you know me, and know things about me, stop jugding. I do no alot of people who are webdesigners on msn - which means I don't really know them, but I've knows this guy for years, and seen as you are like so so clever Splinter, why havn't you done all these. You must be as thick as ****. I made that judgment every though I don't know you, proving my point when you will say something in the region of, 'No I'm not. You don't even know me.' Proving my point. You are making judgments about me without even knowing anything, so try shutting up and getting your facts right before you come insulting me.

zak-x
18-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Great tutorial <3

splintercell!
18-08-2005, 11:49 AM
why havn't you done all these

Thats suppose to mean ???? :s

Mentor
18-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Actually, I do no someone who doesn't have a job, but works for himself, and he proberly knows more than Carl. He's spent more than £25,000 on courses for computers and computer programming and stuff. And it's not someone from msn.

My mothers boyfriends or my step dad, whichever you prefer has been mates with him since school. So before you start thinking you know me, and know things about me, stop jugding. I do no alot of people who are webdesigners on msn - which means I don't really know them, but I've knows this guy for years, and seen as you are like so so clever Splinter, why havn't you done all these. You must be as thick as ****. I made that judgment every though I don't know you, proving my point when you will say something in the region of, 'No I'm not. You don't even know me.' Proving my point. You are making judgments about me without even knowing anything, so try shutting up and getting your facts right before you come insulting me.

Just so your aware no profcanal webdesigner learn on corces or in school, otherwize theyed just turn out the same ****, all the good ones are self taught "/

£25000 on corses bill gates didnt blood spend that much on education, =.=

splintercell!
18-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Lol most webdesigners are self taught or at least teach most of it to themselves otherwise (as mentor said) they would all be the same. In English our teacher tried to teach the class "/ but she failed. She had a freewebs site :D I was laughin at her silently.

JoeComins
18-08-2005, 05:14 PM
I said Computer Programmer. Hes puts them together, fixes them, and does stuff, but he can make websites an all. He mainly does repairs and aking them and stuff tho

splintercell!
18-08-2005, 05:16 PM
that makes much more sense.

JoeComins
18-08-2005, 05:25 PM
And after all that, he has a problem with people, so after he's got a job he wont go to it and will quit when he gets too nerverous to go for his first day. Ironic really

Mentor
18-08-2005, 05:26 PM
I said Computer Programmer. Hes puts them together, fixes them, and does stuff, but he can make websites an all. He mainly does repairs and aking them and stuff tho
My exsample said bill gates didnt spend that much on education, do you want to take a wild guess what he does?
plus computer constrcution and basic reparis is pretty simple "/

JoeComins
18-08-2005, 05:43 PM
But it aint like the basics. Its everything you can think of on computers he knows how to do, with the exception of some languages. He does like anything & everything on computer.
Back on topic I aint got nothing to say

Mentor
18-08-2005, 06:07 PM
But it aint like the basics. Its everything you can think of on computers he knows how to do, with the exception of some languages. He does like anything & everything on computer.
Back on topic I aint got nothing to say
Aint like the basics? you think bill gates programing the microsoft opertaing system was the basics... :rolleyes:

splintercell!
18-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Course' anyone can do that :D He even asked me in to help with Vista but I turned him down cos I was too busy :P

JoeComins
18-08-2005, 06:17 PM
But you said, and the basics in your 2nd to last post did you not carl? and its more than the beasics gates uses? Correct again? And can you stop ganging up on me.

iRoss
18-08-2005, 06:43 PM

I think you ought to get to know some diffrent people. They sound like richies, spenidng their time on a new computer course every day ...

And isn't this slightly off-topic?

Nice tut.

-JT-
18-08-2005, 06:56 PM
the most experienced people with computers GIVE the courses they dont do th em haha

Tomm
18-08-2005, 07:05 PM
I was laughing at my teacher for haveing a freewebs site (Like splintercells teacher) and I got sent out of class lol. I BETA Test for Microsoft because they think I am over 18 lol Idiots.

splintercell!
18-08-2005, 08:39 PM
and we all trashed the guestbook she had to delete it :')

nets
23-09-2005, 06:18 PM
so you would rather act kool, and be a complete gonk than be clever.

Fr the best websites, people can charge up to £15,000. I've seen smeone I know do one for that before. So smallbabywipes, which would you rather do?

Drive around in your porsche? [ they are for ppl who think their rich but not ] and have a text book girlfriend who you pay to sit next to you in your convertable and get in loads of debt, then become bankrupt on your £20,000 Salary, or get around £20,000 for a few weeks work? and have a good car like the Ferrari F430 for £110,000, or better, the MC12 for around £550,000???

Your choice gonk
If thats supposed to be an insult, you are terrible at insults.

nets
19-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Sorry for the double post but, the code doesn't have to be 6 numbers long it could just be 3 numbers E.g. #000 would be black.

Mentor
19-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Sorry for the double post but, the code doesn't have to be 6 numbers long it could just be 3 numbers E.g. #000 would be black.
yea, but i was doing v basic, you could aslo define them in pure rbg useing base 10, or most likly use binary insted of hex..i actaly never tryed that considering but it think it would work, since hex is stored in binary anyway

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!