PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard annouces "Faction-Change Service"

mat64
30-06-2009, 02:03 AM
http://kotaku.com/5304097/wow-players-can-soon-gasp-change-sides
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=18031079410&sid=1

Interesting, mostly likely to try and balance out some of the alliance/horde ratio issues on servers like Silvermoon and Magtheridon I'd imagine, as the service will probably be free on some servers to start with I'd imagine.

Crimson
30-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Bad idea imo.

J0SH
30-06-2009, 01:57 PM
That's a good idea :P

Axel
30-06-2009, 02:58 PM
I hate how it goes so much against the lore. They may as well offer race changes all togther. And how are they gonna do stuff like mounts? Change every single Horde mount to it's alliance equivalent? (im thinking ambassador with certain mounts from each city.)
Sex changes were ok, though still a bit odd... changing faction altogether is just stupid I think. Though I would be able to transfer my gnome warlock to horde warlock.. magtheridon is ****e for alliance.

TehJoshy
01-07-2009, 06:13 PM
http://www.mmo-champion.com/ nomnomnom

Bailey
01-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Will of the Forsaken /drool

Crimson
02-07-2009, 08:23 AM
"Q. Will we be able to switch between the races on our own faction?
A. No. Players will only be able to switch to a race of the opposite faction."

Well - really you can. If you're a troll mage and you want to be a belf... Swap to a human mage or w/e then swap that human back to a horde character - i.e a belf? :D

Axel
02-07-2009, 01:20 PM
"Q. Will we be able to switch between the races on our own faction?
A. No. Players will only be able to switch to a race of the opposite faction."

Well - really you can. If you're a troll mage and you want to be a belf... Swap to a human mage or w/e then swap that human back to a horde character - i.e a belf? :D

No, because you can only change faction once per character.

Moh
02-07-2009, 01:26 PM
This will be good if your on a server where the horde are better at PvP and you just want to get PvP gear. Vice versa.

Youheard
02-07-2009, 03:51 PM
This will be good if your on a server where the horde are better at PvP and you just want to get PvP gear. Vice versa.

No it wont because all the other bads will also think like this and faction change, therefore you'd end up with all the bads being on Horde.

DrLacero
05-07-2009, 03:03 AM

It'd be quicker (i.e you wouldn't have to wait until this is implemented) if you just get a realm change to where your faction wins more. But Blizz are always offering FRC for realms where PvP is imbalanced (they actually did a forced change of a whole bunch of battlegroups (mine included) recently cos the win rate was about 5:1 Alliance.).

Frewbs
05-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Bad idea imo.

OMG FIRST POST IN LIKE 3 YEARS <3

EDIT:

Hmmm my sig might need updating. But I'll leave the old one just for lols.

Uwe
06-07-2009, 01:39 AM
It does says 'into a roughly equivalent character of the opposing faction', meaning that you wont really get a choice, its going to be straight forward, from troll to Gnome I guess (as neither have a city), Orgrimmar and Ironforge (AV mounts)... or atleast that is what it seems.

Not too sure I like it... then agai, i'm happy with Horde so it wont effect me ;D

Swearwolf
08-07-2009, 04:36 PM
i might consider it on 1 character

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!