PDA

View Full Version : Is it hard to make a User system

S.v.c
30-06-2009, 11:27 AM
I want to learn how to do PHP, for example Making Usersystems and so on.. Is it hard to learn?

CANNIBALEX
30-06-2009, 12:00 PM
well it's not a good project to start learning on if you don't know php already

BoyBetterKnow
30-06-2009, 12:12 PM

Yeh it is ;) I learnt PHP by editing user systems and then taking code and making my own. Compiling other peoples code if you like.

Trinity
30-06-2009, 01:22 PM

Yes it is. Most PHP coders that I know started off by making a simple usersystem.

I also absolutely 100% recommend this - http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/627

j2jcs
30-06-2009, 01:28 PM
I also absolutely 100% recommend this - http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/627

Have to agree there, thats what I started on, without knowing any PHP, this started me on the right track. Get to know the basic functions or ideas, how everything comes together and works, then attempt some kind of script. I believe the Zend tutorial has some ideas for basic scripts to try out. I recommend recreating these.

Jam-ez
30-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Have to agree there, thats what I started on, without knowing any PHP, this started me on the right track. Get to know the basic functions or ideas, how everything comes together and works, then attempt some kind of script. I believe the Zend tutorial has some ideas for basic scripts to try out. I recommend recreating these.

I also agree, although I didn't start with user systems, I started with panels and CMS' instead, very similar though.

As to the question whether it is easy or not, it depends. If you are a fast learner, who can grasp the basic system quickly, then it wouldn't be too hard. If you frankly suck at starting anything new, have no patience and/or fail to identify bugs, then it would take a while.

Mentor
30-06-2009, 04:38 PM
I'd say guestbook is a much better starting program. Much simpler system and easier to get results. Sure you could make a usersystem, but as a learning product theres to much margin for error securty/functionalty wize.
Write a good guestbook, not a bad usersystem :p

Tomm
30-06-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm not too sure how you would go about compiling code written in an interpreted language...

Yeh it is ;) I learnt PHP by editing user systems and then taking code and making my own. Compiling other peoples code if you like.

eLv
30-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I started by making addons for my site using vbulletin, treating it as my base usersystem. Google it when you're unsure of something, you'll be sure to find the right answer for it.

Posts merged by Berch (Forum Moderator): Double post due to forum lag.

Mentor
30-06-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm not too sure how you would go about compiling code written in an interpreted language...

Lol, you been coding to long :p Compiling as in creating something that's a compilation of different code :p (like compiling an archive of useless information)

Gotta remember none geeks ain't learned to avoid ambiguity under threat from there compiler masters :D

BoyBetterKnow
30-06-2009, 06:22 PM

Huh? I mean like going to good old Naresh's user system and editing the fields and what to display and setting it as sessions instead of cookies. All sorts.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!