PDA

View Full Version : MW2 exclusive to xbox?

Dusty-09
02-07-2009, 09:36 PM
I was told today that Microsoft are trying to get exclusivity for Modern warfare 2. Is this true, it was said to be in the Xbox Magazine but I don't believe it because they will lose so much money from other console sales...

dbgtz
02-07-2009, 09:38 PM
unlikely, but they have 2 maps exclusive for a bit.

Dusty-09
02-07-2009, 09:40 PM
unlikely, but they have 2 maps exclusive for a bit.

I wouldn't mind the maps but that would just be a bummer cus WaW is a let down and if MW2 doesnt come onto the ps3 then about 2-3 years of crappy cod. But cod4 online is satisfying :)

Maczorx
03-07-2009, 07:03 AM
There's no way Activision would do something like that, they may be a ***** but they know they would get **** by doing that. Besides everything already been announced.

Suck
03-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Well at the moment Activision are having a big arguement with PS3 about how much it costs to make games for their consoles and their small profit margins because of it. They are threatening to pull all games on PS3, so no more CoD and no more Guitar Hero etc etc if Sony do not drop the price of the PS3s. Evidence here (http://www.geek.com/articles/games/activision-ps3-price-too-high-might-stop-supporting-sony-20090619/).

I don't think they will pull CoD6 but you never know what's going to happen in the future..

dbgtz
03-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Na, they would still lose money. Besides, if they can't buy a ps3 then theyll but an xbox, theyre not exactly losing out. However they will if they pull sony, a good few million sales gone. I have quite a few activision games so.

Also knowing microsoft they probably did try get exclusivity.

Jam
03-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Besides everything already been announced.

Apple announced Halo 1 for Mac and look where that ended up.

Josh-H
03-07-2009, 06:00 PM
No, it's multiplatform. Confirmed.

Favourtism
03-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Well at the moment Activision are having a big arguement with PS3 about how much it costs to make games for their consoles and their small profit margins because of it. They are threatening to pull all games on PS3, so no more CoD and no more Guitar Hero etc etc if Sony do not drop the price of the PS3s. Evidence here (http://www.geek.com/articles/games/activision-ps3-price-too-high-might-stop-supporting-sony-20090619/).

I don't think they will pull CoD6 but you never know what's going to happen in the future..
It said they may drop in 2010/11 so cod6 is safe.

Just for the record, its MW2 by the way

Neil
03-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Na, they would still lose money. Besides, if they can't buy a ps3 then theyll but an xbox, theyre not exactly losing out. However they will if they pull sony, a good few million sales gone. I have quite a few activision games so.

Also knowing microsoft they probably did try get exclusivity.

Activision probably lose all the money they earn from 360 sales just to sell the PS3 version and that barely earns them any money, if they drop PS3 they'll earn more because it's not gonna cost as much to make.

Jord
03-07-2009, 07:40 PM
No, Because they have 2 games out on the Ps3 which they made money from so I doubt they will let it be an exclusive for less than a few million.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!