PDA

View Full Version : UK Switching Totally To Beta???

Habb
02-07-2009, 09:50 PM
I've heard recently that Habbo UK is going to switch totally to Beta. There will be no more "Old Habbo", there will just be Habbo Beta. Is that true?

Pyroka
02-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Soon enough yes, until the BETA Habbo is fully done up and all the fixes are done on it, yeah they'll probs get rid of it cuz they don't want to hang around in the past. I hate the fact the bar is on the left, it's so crap.

lick
02-07-2009, 11:56 PM
ewewewewe i hope they have two choices

C00KZ.
03-07-2009, 12:28 AM
I hope not. :(

Hazza
03-07-2009, 12:38 AM
When they can figure out how to make hotel view fit on the biggest screen there is - seeing as you can stretch Habbo as big as u like now. aha.

Art
03-07-2009, 01:04 AM
^ Who says there will even be a hotel view? :P!

nicool
03-07-2009, 01:08 AM
lol if they do ill be quittin, not out of spite or anything stupid just cus its gay

Ardemax
03-07-2009, 05:45 AM
when they fix it, habbo beta will be the only one left, even though it won't be called 'beta'

and this was in an article

Zokoli
03-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Well if you want two sides, go on habbo.uservoice.com and search 2 sides of habbo.

luce
03-07-2009, 06:38 AM
of corse it will switch it was BETA becuase they wanted it to be tested. It's just like one big update i think it will be a while before we switch over, i'm glad they've done it like this though because you have time to get used to it :)

And don't say you'll leave becuase you just need to get used to it and it will become like normal habbo :)

e5
03-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Beta is the new habbo so obv...

crazed
03-07-2009, 08:45 AM
lol if they do ill be quittin, not out of spite or anything stupid just cus its gay

That is stupid? :S

I like beta so it's kl with me :D

Accipiter
03-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I prefer beta to be quite honest, most of the people who moan are just doing a repeat of 07 to "look cool" just doesn't happen (a)

Beta is faster, fits round us more is improoving in ways you don't see as good until you open your eyes and view pros & cons.

Hazzles
03-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Why switch to beta?
Its a load of balls, are they not even going to listen to the people who reviewed it?
Cos most people who tried it during the testing stages said it was crap, which it is.
So ye, surprise surprise its not to do with what we want, its what they want.

Rixion
03-07-2009, 04:53 PM
They only decent thing of beta is zooming in on big rooms. :)

UrbanRyan
03-07-2009, 06:05 PM
when they fix it, habbo beta will be the only one left, even though it won't be called 'beta'

and this was in an article

"Beta" is a nickname for software which has passed the alpha testing stage of development and has been released to users for software testing before its official release. Habbo didn't come up with the name "beta" its part of the internet release cycle thing, so yeah it was obvious they weren't going to always name it "beta".

Jam
03-07-2009, 06:15 PM
I can't stand BETA, I'm using 'old' habbo until the day they remove it.

JACKTARD
04-07-2009, 02:03 PM
i didnt like it when i first went on it but i like it now :D just hate how the badges work when puttin them on

Hazzles
04-07-2009, 06:14 PM
I can't stand BETA, I'm using 'old' habbo until the day they remove it.
Snap. Beta = crap.

Mrs.McCall
04-07-2009, 09:19 PM
BETA is now called New Habbo so it won't be going away at all. And eventually 'Old Habbo' will disappear and I think this'll most likely happen once the current 'missing' parts are added in i.e. pets, trax etc

I think someone mentioned Habbo adding a function to toolbar so you can move it wherever you want on screen but don't quote me on that.

Absently
04-07-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't like habbo BETA. Earlier I went on it for a bit and got pretty pissed off with it, and just had to x it :P

shizzle
06-07-2009, 08:58 PM
They only decent thing of beta is zooming in on big rooms. :)
Yeah, that's cool though.

If they do switch to only beta, I'm not visitng:P.

thorn
06-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Out With The Old, In With The New.

And Its Not Called BETA Any More Really If Its HAs Been Released To the Public

Its Also KNown as New Habbo. But A lot of people are calling it BETA habbo.

Chippiewill
07-07-2009, 07:36 PM
The main point of the New Habbo is because they don't want to keep slapping on a whole load of stuff on to the old outdated client because it creates to many bugs, also it is now flash which is soooo much better. The new client has all the existing features and some new stuff in a fitting box and it'll be easier to get new stuff working :).

Also everyone hated it when they changed the room colours (For fullness), it's something you get used to. The sooner you switch over, the better

Tim.
07-07-2009, 07:44 PM
@ the people saying if they do they'll be quiting:

Ofcourse they will update it to the new hotel only, and i highly doubt you will be quitting, as this is was lots of people said when they introduced the new console & minimail, undoubtly some people did leave but the majority just stayed and got used to it.

Get over it - its change. and it will happen.

Black_Apalachi
08-07-2009, 03:11 AM
I've not been on Habbo or Habbox for a long time and just had a look at both versions of Habbo. If I ignore my love of the original "retro" Habbo (around Version 5 etc), I can see the appeal this BETA Habbo will have to new players.

Still, I'd love it if they kept the "Old Habbo" there and reverted it back to a really old version and just left it there for us; of course it would be Version 5 or whatever but with all the furni of today (I suppose we can put up with that). I reckon that would actually bring me back to it all :P. Nevertheless, there's zero chances of Sulake doing that I suppose.

Just an off topic question before I sign out for another year or so - I notice people have VIP. What happened in the end about fansites not being allowed to issue VIP?

Chippiewill
08-07-2009, 05:36 AM
I've not been on Habbo or Habbox for a long time and just had a look at both versions of Habbo. If I ignore my love of the original "retro" Habbo (around Version 5 etc), I can see the appeal this BETA Habbo will have to new players.

Retro was sooooo awesome, bloody well hate the whole 'login on the site' I want to be able to open up a few hundred clients again by just changing the number on the URL!!!!! Also I hope you enjoyed your annual trip to HxF

Blinger1
08-07-2009, 05:45 AM
Just an off topic question before I sign out for another year or so - I notice people have VIP. What happened in the end about fansites not being allowed to issue VIP?
Fansites can now sell 'donator' which is basically VIP minus all the good features.. And VIP is now given away at habbox therefore we aren't selling it..

And i agree, logging into the old client was the shiz! And also, you didn't have to change the number at all!

CANNIBALEX
08-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Beta will only be real once it's complete. Beta is a name for a testing phase. mose software has a beta phase, so technicaly i wont be habbo beta in the future it will just be habbo.

The beta is so bad though. Why is the text box so big?

Arron
08-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't think we should have a Hotel View, seeing as Habbo isn't known as Habbo Hotel any more...

Black_Apalachi
08-07-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't think we should have a Hotel View, seeing as Habbo isn't known as Habbo Hotel any more...

Sad that I think it is, I agree. To be fair, there isn't a hotel view on the BETA.

The hotel views gave each region a sense of individuality. I'll really miss them - well, I would if I start playing it again properly.

If you think about how "un-Habboish" most things in the hotel are now, I reckon Sulake would have been better off with leaving most things how they used to be and just creating something completely new and seperate to Habbo. Then they would have the best of both worlds: by pleasing the old school crowd (as we're always wishing to go back to the old versions), and still have something to target kids with. If you think about it, all they'd have to do now for a new thing is alter how Habbos actually look - although they're not even exactly the same as they used to be :rolleyes:.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!