PDA

View Full Version : .htaccess question

Luke
03-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi

Would it be possible, where you password protect a directory, to make it, so when thew person uses the useranem and password, it automatically deletes it self?

So can't be used again?

Thanks
Luke

Johno
03-07-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm not entirely sure if that would be possible, the way I thought of doing it would be to read the contents of the current .htaccess file and then re-create it/overwrite the old file without the login that had been used.

Although I don't know if that would be possible because you would need to call a php script that would get the username and password that had been used. Someone else could probably help you out more, but if all else fails you could just use a simple php login that removes the details after they have been used.

Luke
03-07-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm not entirely sure if that would be possible, the way I thought of doing it would be to read the contents of the current .htaccess file and then re-create it/overwrite the old file without the login that had been used.

Although I don't know if that would be possible because you would need to call a php script that would get the username and password that had been used. Someone else could probably help you out more, but if all else fails you could just use a simple php login that removes the details after they have been used.

How would i come about, because, what i have is, a PHP form (start.php) in a directory. And i woldn't know where to start with the password protect etc.

Thanks
Luke

Jam-ez
03-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Solved. Now give me rep bizatch. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!