PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 - Is it good?

Titch
03-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Thinking of buying a new console system when i get payed, as want something to play when i come home from work and cbf to go out?

Is it good? Whats graphics like? whats xboxlive like?

+ rep to all who reply. ;)

Pebbles-Tiger
03-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Dude get it!

I have one and I love it. Graphics are great. I suggest hooking it up to a big flatscreen tv and using the HD cable ;]

Also live is amazing! dude just get it its awesome

GoldenMerc
03-07-2009, 03:49 PM
I have 2 lol, they are well worth it although games are mostly repetitive so i got one flashed so i can get games cheaper :P

Titch
03-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Dude get it!

I have one and I love it. Graphics are great. I suggest hooking it up to a big flatscreen tv and using the HD cable ;]

Also live is amazing! dude just get it its awesome

Yeh i got a 52 inch Samsung HD on wall so i would just hook it up to that.

+ rep given.

I have 2 lol, they are well worth it although games are mostly repetitive so i got one flashed so i can get games cheaper :P

Flashed?

(Must spread rep for you).

dbgtz
03-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Urrm
ps3 have better graphics in the exclusives but honestly in gaming, it depends on the games really. If you love fps go xbox, if you like a variety or big war games, go ps3. (but mag (the big war game) isnt out yet).

In my opinion the ps3 is nicer. The casing is shiny, the sounds for the ps3 menu and stuff are nicer, the design of the menus are nicer and, although the ps3 itself is quite bulky, the wires arent. Also you get alot of stuff with it such as controller charger.
Btw alot of blu-ray players are equal cost to ps3 if you think its expensive.

GoldenMerc
03-07-2009, 04:03 PM
flashed means like chipped where you can play copied (backed up games)

Oleh
03-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Urrm
ps3 have better graphics in the exclusives but honestly in gaming, it depends on the games really. If you love fps go xbox, if you like a variety or big war games, go ps3. (but mag (the big war game) isnt out yet).

In my opinion the ps3 is nicer. The casing is shiny, the sounds for the ps3 menu and stuff are nicer, the design of the menus are nicer and, although the ps3 itself is quite bulky, the wires arent. Also you get alot of stuff with it such as controller charger.

He is talking about a xbox 360 not a ps3...

MaG is a Massive action Game not a big war game

who gives a crap about casing and menu's

The ps3 is bulky because the brick is inside, unlike the xbox's

I dont see point in blu-ray dvds tbh, i got potc 3 and cant tell the difference tbh

Titch
03-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Urrm

I only really play car games, and racing games, and GTA. That's bout it, so i heard xbox would best for these.

flashed means like chipped where you can play copied (backed up games)

Ow, fort it ment same as chipped.

dbgtz
03-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Probably, microsoft bought exclusivity on the gta dlcs for like 6 months or something so. And the only game I know thats racing + exclusive to PS3 is gt5.

Oleh
03-07-2009, 04:23 PM
I only really play car games, and racing games, and GTA. That's bout it, so i heard xbox would best for these.

Ow, fort it ment same as chipped.

It does, just chipped is a microchip soldered onto the motherboard where as flashed is changing the dvd drives firmware to read copied games

Couturez
03-07-2009, 04:25 PM
ive got one ;D
really good graphics hheh!
games are expensive, but there well worth it hehe.
my fave game is rainbow six vegas, when you walk through puddles, you can actually hear the sound of water hehe! (:
totally get one hehe, there way cheaper to buy now lols
xx

dbgtz
03-07-2009, 04:31 PM
- 256 online I think youll find its a big war game

- its called modernisation and sleak

- yes but ps3s come with alot more inside then 360s.

I dont see point in blu-ray dvds tbh, i got potc 3 and cant tell the difference tbh
- dvds neither do I, its just the space on the disc is more therefore exclusives towards ps3 will either have better graphics or longer gameplay then 360. Or more to offer I guess.

Oleh
03-07-2009, 04:56 PM
- i think youll find the name is Massive action Game, Massive is bigger than big...

- And doesnt matter

- Yes but still not much more

- dvds neither do I, its just the space on the disc is more therefore exclusives towards ps3 will either have better graphics or longer gameplay then 360. Or more to offer I guess.
- Well obviously ps3 exclusives will have better graphics... because they are built around the ps3 other than ported to it

dbgtz
03-07-2009, 09:00 PM
- i think youll find the name is Massive action Game, Massive is bigger than big...
- its still a big war game stop being so precise lol

- And doesnt matter
- its your opinion if it does or doesnt

- still a couple hundred quids worth lol

- Well obviously ps3 exclusives will have better graphics... because they are built around the ps3 other than ported to it
- so are xbox games built around xbox and if xbox has better graphics therefore the xbox graphics should be better but oh wait...

Fehm
03-07-2009, 09:06 PM
I was a playstation guy until I got an Xbox. There truly amazing:) Thats all I can say

Neil
03-07-2009, 09:49 PM
*REMOVED*, he's asking about the xbox, not the PS3, alot of your "points" towards the PS3 are just plain damn stupid anyway.

If you want an all-round hardcore gaming system, xbox is better, a much larger selection of games, it has 2 exclusive racing games aswell as the multiplatform ones, PGR3 and PGR4 are both kind of arcade styled racing but they're both really good, Forza 2 and soon Forza 3 are the racing simulators, Forza 2 I would still rate higher than Gran Turismo Prolouge, also GTA4 has better graphics on the 360 than the PS3 and has 2 packs of content more than the PS3 so it extends the gameplay a great deal more.

Xbox live is good on racing games, not so much on multiplatform like GRiD or DiRT but you'll find alot of people in Forza and PGR, in Forza you can buy cars online, make cool liverys for cars then sell them for loads if you're really good.

Just to "add to the fanboyism" the PS3 does not compete as the only decent racing game it has is Gran Turismo 5 and that is only a demo at the moment, even then the online community isn't as good, you can't have all the cool features Forza 2 offers and in the assistance of HC0R3;

- I highly doubt the game will be quite how they present it to be.

- And doesnt matter
- Who cares, the xbox looks much nicer in my opinion anyway.

- I can't say the PS3 has anything extra actually, just built-in wireless, which can be purchased for the xbox anyway.

- so are xbox games built around xbox and if xbox has better graphics therefore the xbox graphics should be better but oh wait...
- The xbox graphics are better, I've got some of these "amazing" PS3 games and I can't say the graphics are that much different from the xbox, unless it's a port then obviously the xbox ones are better.

*REMOVED*

Edited by :Mobile (Forum Moderator): Please do not post rude comments which are likely to offend/cause arguments.

dbgtz
03-07-2009, 10:35 PM
*REMOVED*, he's asking about the xbox, not the PS3, alot of your "points" towards the PS3 are just plain damn stupid anyway.

If you want an all-round hardcore gaming system, xbox is better, a much larger selection of games, it has 2 exclusive racing games aswell as the multiplatform ones, PGR3 and PGR4 are both kind of arcade styled racing but they're both really good, Forza 2 and soon Forza 3 are the racing simulators, Forza 2 I would still rate higher than Gran Turismo Prolouge, also GTA4 has better graphics on the 360 than the PS3 and has 2 packs of content more than the PS3 so it extends the gameplay a great deal more.

Xbox live is good on racing games, not so much on multiplatform like GRiD or DiRT but you'll find alot of people in Forza and PGR, in Forza you can buy cars online, make cool liverys for cars then sell them for loads if you're really good.

Just to "add to the fanboyism" the PS3 does not compete as the only decent racing game it has is Gran Turismo 5 and that is only a demo at the moment, even then the online community isn't as good, you can't have all the cool features Forza 2 offers and in the assistance of HC0R3;

- And doesnt matter

- I can't say the PS3 has anything extra actually, just built-in wireless, which can be purchased for the xbox anyway.

- The xbox graphics are better, I've got some of these "amazing" PS3 games and I can't say the graphics are that much different from the xbox, unless it's a port then obviously the xbox ones are better.

*REMOVED*

Edited by :Mobile (Forum Moderator): Please do not post rude comments which are likely to offend/cause arguments.

He asked for opinions on if he should buy a console and I stated the reasons for why he should buy a ps3. Also ps3 does have a larger games range because you have no game which matches littlebigplanet.

Also ps3 has a multi-media system, hd dvd player and a controller charger. Thats like, what, £120? + w/e for the wireless internet thingy. The xbox graphics are not better. Well really its a matter of opinion.

How it looks is a matter of opinion, I did say that.

If you read what I said carefully, I said the only ps3 only racing game is gt5, so saying the ps3 doesnt have many good racing exclusives. Also you cant compare gt5 and forza until the proper gt5 is out.

But ps3 does have a wider range of different styled exclusives, not more. You have no littlebigplanet or mgs4 comparison. The ability in littlebigplanet is too much for the xbox360 and the mgs4 engine and graphics are too leet for 360. Lbp has its creativity and mgs4 has its ultimate stealth. Theres easily alot more the 360 can't compare too.

Also MAG will be what its like as it has a dedicated server so. Also there a previews and shizzle. So when you can own the ps3 pls reply.

Neil
03-07-2009, 11:00 PM
He asked for opinions on if he should buy a console and I stated the reasons for why he should buy a ps3. Also ps3 does have a larger games range because you have no game which matches littlebigplanet.

LittleBigPlanet is hardly a ground breaking game, sorry, it's not that good and the xbox has childish puzzle games too (Beautiful Katamari)

Also ps3 has a multi-media system, hd dvd player and a controller charger. Thats like, what, £120? + w/e for the wireless internet thingy. The xbox graphics are not better. Well really its a matter of opinion.

The xbox has a multi-media system (games console, DVD player, music player) :rolleyes: It can also connect to your home PC and stream videos, music and view images with no issues what-so-ever, xbox has controller chargers aswell...Infact xbox gives you the option for WIRED controllers, also the wireless adapter is like £50 if you get it from the right shops.

How it looks is a matter of opinion, I did say that.
So did I. :rolleyes:

If you read what I said carefully, I said the only ps3 only racing game is gt5, so saying the ps3 doesnt have many good racing exclusives. Also you cant compare gt5 and forza until the proper gt5 is out.

If you read what I said it doesn't once "object" to what you said, I was actually explaining what games the xbox had too the OP, you know as a response to one of his posts, for a PS3 fanboy you're not very up to date, not heard of Motorstorm? One of the launch titles..?

But ps3 does have a wider range of different styled exclusives, not more. You have no littlebigplanet or mgs4 comparison. The ability in littlebigplanet is too much for the xbox360 and the mgs4 engine and graphics are too leet for 360. Lbp has its creativity and mgs4 has its ultimate stealth. Theres easily alot more the 360 can't compare too.

Yea because the 360 hasn't got Splinter Cell, Beautiful Katamari or Viva Pinata, I mean these are all pretty creative, Splinter Cells the stealth one obviously, also "the ability in LittleBigPlanet is too much for the xbox 360" what the hell? xD The only reason that's exclusive is because SONY own rights too it, LBP can so easily be put on the 360 it's not even a joke, also MGS4 isn't too much at all, the only thing restricting it is the stupidly long cutscenes eating up most of the disk, the PS3 is stuck with, 4 racing games, 1 stealth game, a few "child friendly" games, and one or two others and tons of ports, that's a really diverse collection.

Also MAG will be what its like as it has a dedicated server so. Also there a previews and shizzle. So when you can own the ps3 pls reply.

MAG has so little information released about the only thing confirmed are that it has pretty pre-rendered cinematics and it's multiplayer, obviously it will have a dedicated server but I never said it wouldn't be 256 player, I just said that I doubt it'll be how they say it is.

Also I own a PS3 so yea, enjoy my reply. :)

Titch
03-07-2009, 11:26 PM
VERY BIG Thank you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answered all of my questions! Going to order an brand new Xbox360 60g tomorrow.

:)

- And doesnt matter

Mikey
03-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Yeah the xbox is a good console, just don't move it or tip it over when playing a game. =D

Jam
04-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Christ sake, not another PS3/Xbox debate please.

They're basically both the same bar one or two games which are usually poor anyways, I could proberly think of Forza, Halo and inFamous that are actually decent exclusives.

If you want to play with mates, go for Xbox as they most likely have it, if your not too bothered and think the Blu Ray maybe of some use, get the PS3, TBH it really doesnt matter, I have both and use neither.

Lost_Addict
04-07-2009, 09:45 AM
The Xbox 360 has great exclusives and the best live play so its a definate buy

dbgtz
04-07-2009, 10:15 AM
I honestly dont see whats the bloddy difference between online. Oh because you pay its better :S lol.

@Jameseh blu-ray is useful on a lot pf ps3 exclusives. Also games which alot of 360ers want are like mgs4, lbp.

LittleBigPlanet is hardly a ground breaking game, sorry, it's not that good and the xbox has childish puzzle games too (Beautiful Katamari)
Im not saying it is, but it still wouldn't work on 360. I know this because the guys who made it said it themselves.

The xbox has a multi-media system (games console, DVD player, music player) :rolleyes: It can also connect to your home PC and stream videos, music and view images with no issues what-so-ever, xbox has controller chargers aswell...Infact xbox gives you the option for WIRED controllers, also the wireless adapter is like £50 if you get it from the right shops.
Why would you want a wired controller? lol. Wireless adapter is expensive then. Also ps3s is much larger multi-media system and duhh if it can go to your computer, most of them have microsoft windows lol.

So did I. :rolleyes:
Ok then.

If you read what I said it doesn't once "object" to what you said, I was actually explaining what games the xbox had too the OP, you know as a response to one of his posts, for a PS3 fanboy you're not very up to date, not heard of Motorstorm? One of the launch titles..
I dont like motorstorm, its overrated imo :D

Yea because the 360 hasn't got Splinter Cell, Beautiful Katamari or Viva Pinata, I mean these are all pretty creative, Splinter Cells the stealth one obviously, also "the ability in LittleBigPlanet is too much for the xbox 360" what the hell? xD The only reason that's exclusive is because SONY own rights too it, LBP can so easily be put on the 360 it's not even a joke, also MGS4 isn't too much at all, the only thing restricting it is the stupidly long cutscenes eating up most of the disk, the PS3 is stuck with, 4 racing games, 1 stealth game, a few "child friendly" games, and one or two others and tons of ports, that's a really diverse collection.
Read above for the lbp bit. Yes but with mgs its completely different in terms of camo and the fact the idea is completely dont be seen. The camo can be used on any terrain and the online is alright too in terms of game modes. Mediamolecule went to sony. Well its better then pretty much 100% racing and fps.

MAG has so little information released about the only thing confirmed are that it has pretty pre-rendered cinematics and it's multiplayer, obviously it will have a dedicated server but I never said it wouldn't be 256 player, I just said that I doubt it'll be how they say it is.
Probably. They say there will be squad leaders. Ill love to see how that works lol. Then again, most games are never whats said in reality.

Lost_Addict
04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
ibelieve both consoles are pretty much even TBH i think they should combine and make a super console

PS360Wii FTW

dbgtz
04-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Sounds better if its
PS36Wii

coz wii and the "ty" bit on the sixty rhyme so :P

Pazza
04-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Yes, get one. You won't be dissapointed

Jam
04-07-2009, 12:29 PM
WiiStation 360 FTW, although seeing as they now all have waggle sticks/invisible waggle sticks...

I don't see how the online is any better on Xbox than PS3? Exactly the same cept' party chat, and if you don't have mates on Xbox then no advantage.

I say get neither ATM, Xbox will release some revised model and Sony will proberly release the slim.

dbgtz
04-07-2009, 01:21 PM
A slim ps3 would look quite weird if it kept its design now :S
Also knowing how cheap and desperate microsoft are I doubt so.
Cheap - some errors with the console that could have been easily avoided (like the disc being scratched if console moved).
Desperate - Buying 2 mw2 maps exclusivity for a few months. (Kinda shows how better mw is though, they bought temp exclusivity for mw+mw2 but not waw... :P).

Fez
04-07-2009, 01:46 PM
The Xbox does what the PS3 can do, only he's been out longer so the community is a lot larger.

GoldenMerc
04-07-2009, 01:48 PM
nah, xbox community is far different from ps3's. ps3's online community is poor, its laggy, its unresponsive. thus why id rather pay £40 a year for xbox live.

dbgtz
04-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Like to see your facts. I have a ps3 and its only laggy on cod when theres a poor host.

Jam
05-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Its not at all laggy? I played Resistance 2, 30v30 online, when it came out so thousands of people on and not one sign of lag.

Jordan3606
06-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I used to be someone who would start 360 vs PS3 arguments, but I cbf anymore lol, its a waste of time arguing over something so silly.

Personally, I am a PS3 fan and I have a PS3, and I wouldnt buy a 360, but thats me.

There is a load of ** said about both systems, eg 'psn is laggy', thats a load of crap to be honest, free doesnt = laggy. PS3 exclusive games have some of the most groundbreaking online multiplayer components in the industry (resistance 2, 30vs30 players, lag free, MAG 256 players lag free, supposedly). I mean this in the least fanboy-ish way possible, but Gears of War 2 has 8 player online, which didnt even work properly to start with :/

But whatever, both are good consoles. If you're mainly interested in FPS, then I'd say go with the 360. I think the PS3 has a better variety of exclusives though, without a doubt.

360 also has better online due to cross game chat and stuff like that, but FW 3.0 is beleived to include similar features for PSN, so we'll have to wait and see. If true, PSN will have the edge because its completely free ;)

At the end of the day, they're consoles that play games, and in my opinion, PS3 has the best games, so I bought a PS3. Read up on both, and make an informed decision :P

Oleh
07-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Just to put my bit in

I constantly get refered to as a xbox/microsoft fan boy due to the fact i think xbox is the best

yet most people lack the knowledge to check my profile and see i own all 3 major consoles, and i go on my knowledge of MY OWN FINDINGS not some other biased balls

You may argue that ps3 is the best, yet i completely disagree and if you argue about the crap like, "oh lardy dar, ps3 has better games, onlines free lardee dardee dar" i will give you bed rep for foolishness

I like your arguement jordan :)

dbgtz
07-07-2009, 08:08 PM
How is free online foolishness? OK i guess the games are because games are a matter of opinion, but free online is a valid point to compare the too.

Oleh
07-07-2009, 08:15 PM
its one of the main arguing points

PaulMacC
08-07-2009, 01:32 AM
They both have their own points, I just wish both companies would stick to gaming and not branch off into other things. It's meant to be simple, give me a control pad and a game. Do not want any of this motion sensing or anything else.

GoldenMerc
08-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Yeh we pay for xbox live, but it is better quality i mean i played on my cousins ps3 playing fifa about 2 weeks ago and it lagged like hell, although its free you paid way more than what people pay for xbox 360's.

RedOktane
08-07-2009, 06:17 PM
I would suggest a Wii.

They're small, cheap but the downside is that it doesn't have the best graphics, its very fun online and with friends *cough* drinking *cough*. I suggest Call of Duty: World at War and a Wii exclusive: The Conduit.

Jam
08-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeh we pay for xbox live, but it is better quality i mean i played on my cousins ps3 playing fifa about 2 weeks ago and it lagged like hell, although its free you paid way more than what people pay for xbox 360's.

Oh come on Ross, what did you play one game and now you've stereotyped PSN as a whole. Christ.

Antallica
08-07-2009, 09:24 PM
na its *Removed*

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not avoid the filter. Thanks.

Dragorn
08-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Xbox 360's are a great deal! They are cheap these days which makes it even better! The PS3 is basically the same thing but more expensive, but the PS3 as blu ray which makes movies etc more better and more quality to watch. Xbox 360 have a large community pretty good content on at the moment.

GrandTheftAudio
09-07-2009, 11:06 AM
I didn't bother reading all the comments, probably full of PS3 fan boys so excuse me if I repeat anything.

Sure, the PS3 has better graphics but at the end of the day, it is an awful lot of money for a console. On games like COD and Gears, the graphics on the Xbox 360 are still amazing so it's not like you will be disappointed because you won't.

Xbox's are fairly cheap too. The basic one has less memory than others but if its only you using it, that won't be much of a problem. Games are only laggy if you're downloading on your computer but if you get a good internet provider, lag can be sorted easily.

You can get an Xbox game (instore) for £5, pretty good things too but I've never seen a PS3 game that cheap. And I've seen a much larger collection of Xbox games.

Go to the website of the store you'll be buying it from and read the descriptions because asking people will only give you a biased view. :)

Neil
09-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Another thing I'd like to add to the PS3 vs 360 thing.

A brand new PS3 game generally ranges from £45-50, this is not all PS3 games but most of the top ones start in at this price, on the 360 you could be buying the exact same game, possibly with better graphics and only pay £40, infact 360 games seem to enter in about £35 now, obviously this only applies to new games but with the PS3 still short on it's main franchise and the lack of the games that will make the PS3 it does mean you'll have a good few new released still to come all coming in at any price between £40-50.

Also I'm not saying 360 games don't hit £45 either, some new ones do but these are only the really big titles, I believe CoD6 is releasing at £45.

dbgtz
09-07-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't know what you're on about lol. All xbox games I see are around the same price as a ps3 game lol.

@dragorn ps3 also has some accessories which you would need to buy seperately with 360 and it has the free online, therefore it's not that expensive in comparison.

Also you can buy lbp brand new for like £10, so you're telling me that's expensive. PS3 do have cheap games.

Most of the good ps3 exclusives come out later in the year.

Oleh
09-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Lbp sucks, and its the 1st game by the company, so they are gonna lower prices for more sales :)

Neil
09-07-2009, 08:38 PM
I don't know what you're on about lol. All xbox games I see are around the same price as a ps3 game lol.

@dragorn ps3 also has some accessories which you would need to buy seperately with 360 and it has the free online, therefore it's not that expensive in comparison.

Also you can buy lbp brand new for like £10, so you're telling me that's expensive. PS3 do have cheap games.

Most of the good ps3 exclusives come out later in the year.

Wow clearly someone did not read my post properly did they. :rolleyes:

A brand new PS3 game generally ranges from £45-50, this is not all PS3 games but most of the top ones

If you're going to complain at least read the posts properly and if you don't notice the difference you're obviously not looking at xbox games, a new xbox game releases at £40 generally but is sold at launch for quite a bit cheaper in some stores, PS3 games tend to come in what I said, £45-50, because of this "magical" thing they forced into their console it costs more because of the disk that is being used, not ALL PS3 games hit the high prices but I have been to stores quite often seeing new PS3 games at that price range.

dbgtz
10-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Yes you can buy a brand new littlebigplanet for £10. Also if you read my previous posts blu-ray is good for their exclusives so it is magical as our games aren't terrible like yours. I mean microsoft have good dlc but their actual exclusives suck imo (the ones i have), especially halo :l. Games are obv a matter of opinion so saying a console has better games isn't really a strong point. Although that's got nothing to do with its variety.

Oleh
10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
yet again you fail to read the post :l

not all PS3 games but most of the top ones

Kardan
10-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I've got both, a 360 and a PS3.

Personally, the 360 is much more appealing to me, despite me being in love with the PS2 and hating the Xbox. I hardly go on my PS3 now since I have my Xbox. I think the only thing I use my PS3 for now is Singstar and that's when my friends are round :P

dbgtz
10-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I wasn't really replying to most of it I was just stating.

Neil
11-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Yes you can buy a brand new littlebigplanet for £10. Also if you read my previous posts blu-ray is good for their exclusives so it is magical as our games aren't terrible like yours. I mean microsoft have good dlc but their actual exclusives suck imo (the ones i have), especially halo :l. Games are obv a matter of opinion so saying a console has better games isn't really a strong point. Although that's got nothing to do with its variety.

No by brand new I mean recent releases, not a new copy of a game a NEW game. :rolleyes:

And you obviously only have Halo then because Microsoft exclusives are actually better than PS3 ones I find, Fable 2, PGR, Forza, Gears of War, Viva Pinata is a pretty decent game aswell, you are very uninformed about xbox games clearly, you're opinion really means nothing as far as I'm concerned as you are an obvious PS3 fanboy that gave the xbox little to no chance, I play my PS3 but not as much as my xbox because the exclusives don't appeal to me at all, LittleBigPlanet looked good but it's quite terrible to be honest, GT is STILL only a demo so that's just fail on Sonys part and all these lame action games don't make me think "ohh this games gonna be sweet!!".

Fez
11-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Complete nonsense that new PS3 releases cost more than Xbox 360 discs.

dbgtz
11-07-2009, 07:43 PM
No by brand new I mean recent releases, not a new copy of a game a NEW game. :rolleyes:

And you obviously only have Halo then because Microsoft exclusives are actually better than PS3 ones I find, Fable 2, PGR, Forza, Gears of War, Viva Pinata is a pretty decent game aswell, you are very uninformed about xbox games clearly, you're opinion really means nothing as far as I'm concerned as you are an obvious PS3 fanboy that gave the xbox little to no chance, I play my PS3 but not as much as my xbox because the exclusives don't appeal to me at all, LittleBigPlanet looked good but it's quite terrible to be honest, GT is STILL only a demo so that's just fail on Sonys part and all these lame action games don't make me think "ohh this games gonna be sweet!!".

I know what you meant, I thought id just be annoying :P
Also I have both gears and pgr4 so don't question the fact if I only have halo.

Also yer to above even though blu-ray discs theoretically cost more when the games themselves don't.

Jord
11-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Is it good? Whats graphics like? whats xboxlive like?

Yes
check the games
Good way better than ps3 way more users.

dbgtz
11-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Graphics are practically the same with the same game but when it comes to ps3 exclusives they are pretty much guaranteed to be better, purely because of space.
Theres pretty much no different between online

The users on a console doesn't make it the best. If a console had the best exclusives and best graphics but cost £2000 not many people would have it but it would be the best so. More users on a console doesnt define how a console is better or worse, unless of equal price.

Oleh
12-07-2009, 07:55 AM
The wii is the best console, and its got sucky graphics....

Ghostbusters graphics suck ass on ps3

obviously exclusives are better cos they are... EXCLUSIVE

CoD4 online on ps3 sucks compared to 360, was at my mates house yesterday, and you get dced from game if host leaves.. *** is that

Neil
12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
The wii is the best console, and its got sucky graphics....

Ghostbusters graphics suck ass on ps3

obviously exclusives are better cos they are... EXCLUSIVE

CoD4 online on ps3 sucks compared to 360, was at my mates house yesterday, and you get dced from game if host leaves.. *** is that

Exactly what I was going to say.

dbgtz
16-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Im saying ps3 exclusives are better then 360s.

Neil
16-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Im saying ps3 exclusives are better then 360s.

I've yet to see this in any PS3 exclusive, Forza and PGR have better graphics than GT5.

Anything has better graphics than LBP.

I'd like you to show me a PS3 exclusive with the best graphics for you're point to be proven and I want gameplay not a stupid cutscene from MGS4. :rolleyes:

Jordan3606
17-07-2009, 04:26 PM
I've yet to see this in any PS3 exclusive, Forza and PGR have better graphics than GT5.

Anything has better graphics than LBP.

I'd like you to show me a PS3 exclusive with the best graphics for you're point to be proven and I want gameplay not a stupid cutscene from MGS4. :rolleyes:

For a supposed 'non fanboy', that post was pretty fanboyish :/

How do you know Forza and PGR have better graphics than GT5? Neither the new Forza nor GT5 have even been released yet. Wait until some real gameplay comparisions.. though I think I could safely bet on GT5 having better graphics anyway, and thats from a non fanboy point of view, but I'm not going to judge yet.

LBP has great graphics, so I dont know what you're on about there. Its not an FPS.. its a platformer. Graphics dont need to be all top notch - they're ideal for LBP if you ask me.

An exclusive with good graphics? Killzone 2... irrelevant of what you think of the game, you cant deny that it has great graphics. Not just from an artwork point of view, but the atmosphere on some of the levels is amazing. Its hard to think of a game that is that immersive.

There are others as well, Uncharted? Considering that the game is roughly 2 years old now, it has amazing graphics that rival some of the games coming out now. GT5 prologue has good graphics (idc if its a 'demo'). inFamous? Also MGS4 has some of the best graphics seen on a console, and yes that's gameplay. Its not just the cutscenes that look good?

Though I'm not saying that all PS3 games have great graphics. GhostBusters looks awful on PS3, the dev was really hyping up their PS3 technology, and it turns out better on 360? :rolleyes:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!