PDA

View Full Version : Six Pack / Ab Workout Tips

Wayne
03-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Okay, I've always been a guy that has always wanted a six pack and now I'm on my way to actually getting one. I would just like to say a few tips you can try to help increase the ability of getting six pack abs.

1) Expensive ab workout machines don't always work and cost lots of money to purchase. Ab workouts on the floor in your home is a much better alternative, which will save you cash.

2) Replace fizzy drinks like Coca Cola, Fanta and 7Up with water. A boring choice I know but water contains many minerals and has no calories which will help form a six pack.

3) Nutrition is an important factor to achieving that six pack you want. Forget about cakes, chocolate, ice cream, biscuits etc and try not to eat inbetween meals.

4) If you are hungry, replace a chocolate bar snack with a piece of fruit. Citrus fruits such as grapefruits, oranges, lemons and limes are all fat killers and help remove the fat laying over your six pack.

5) Eat an apple everyday after one of your meals, either dinner or tea. Apples are catabolic, which means your body burns calories whilst it is being digested. An apple is around 90 calories, but your body burns 180 calories once it is in your system.

6) There are many exercises to gain the perfect six pack, but focus mainly on one exercise for each part of the six pack and do a lot of that specific exercise. For higher abs, the top 4, do crunches and for the lower abs, the bottom 2, do lying leg raises or reverse crunches.

7) Cardiovascular exercises, such as running, will also help weight loss and therefore remove the fat you don't need that is covering up your six pack.

8) If you want a toned abdomen, take a days rest inbetween ab workouts.

9) If you want a ripped, deep ridged six pack, try your hardest during your ab workouts and try not to rest at all and do as many reps as you can, whether it's crunches, bicycles, leg raises or any ab workout, try and do as many reps as possible until you fail to do anymore.

10) To increase resistance, try a weight plate for the back of your head to hold onto whilst doing your ab workout. Holding the weight behind your head and doing crunches will make lifting your chest/neck much more difficult but you will feel a burn, which is good.

11) Remember during and after ab workouts, try and tense your abdomen for around 10 seconds then release. This can be done by doing static leg raises.

12) Weight loss tablets don't always work either, but to help with weight loss, try Slimfast products, such as shakes for breakfast.

13) Replace your foods with high protein foods to help increase muscle mass on your abdomen. Foods such as fish, meat and eggs are the best protein foods you can eat.

14) To help achieve your six pack as soon as possible, become dedicated to working out your abs. Try and do an ab workout everyday and as I've suggested above, work hard and do as many as you can with no rest until you fail to do anymore reps.

I hope this short guide will answer some of your questions about gaining a six pack. I'll be happy to answer any questions you want answering too. :)

shizzle
04-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Great tips mate. I've already got one, and I followed something very similar to that. (See pics in sig).

Wayne
04-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Good to hear mate. :) What pics?

brandon
04-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Nice one Wayne. :eusa_danc

Wayne
04-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Cheers mate. ;)

Callum.
04-07-2009, 12:33 AM
nice to see you about Wayne

nice list you got going there, might try it.

Wayne
04-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks Callum. (Y)

Novice/Intermediate level - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vzjg9u8JtI
Advanced (weight assistance) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYQdLtam6xA&feature=PlayList&p=59B036EB66B488D3&index=1

valentineark
04-07-2009, 10:55 AM
i've got one lol, i kept doing those 5 minute ab excersises everyday for like a year :)
nice one though (Y)

lick
04-07-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm skiing irl already and i have that slindertone thing so i just stick it on going out and come back in like 2hours later and take it off. And it realy works lol, says your only supose to levae it on for 30min a day tho :(

shizzle
04-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Good to hear mate. :) What pics?
xD - The first link in my signature which goes to the pic, which is in Spam aka post your pic.

joejimbop
05-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Hello there shizzles pics
dayuuum

Edited by Robbie! (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts

Soy
05-07-2009, 07:17 AM
diet > training for 'six pack'

Wayne
05-07-2009, 08:34 PM
diet > training for 'six pack'

The right diet is essential to gain a six pack yes. If you just lose all the weight, you'll see ribs which isn't a six pack.

RichardKnox
05-07-2009, 09:28 PM
"Abs are made in the kitchen" - unknown (well I don't know who said it but a lot of people live by it)
You say to have rest days inbetween ab workouts and then go on to say work them out everyday which contradicts quite a bit. I'd also say do weighted crunches to the point where you can do say 3 sets of 15 before failure rather than sitting and doing 300 crunches as, sure you'll still get toned, but it'll probably take quite a bit longer. Pretty sure that's only broscience though and doesn't have any proper scientific proof.

Wayne
05-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey Richard, yeh I've heard abs are made in the kitchen and yeh that's quite right. Protein and fruits will help. :) Yeah for a toned abdomen, take a days rest but if you want to gain quicker results/become ripped don't miss a day of working out.

Soy
06-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Six packs are made in the kitchen, mostly everyone has a six pack but has too much
body fat% for it to show, people who have these does not mean they spend hours in the gym

Abdominals are strengthened in the gym, just because someone has a sixpack does
not neccessarily mean they have a stronger core and doesn't even mean that they
work out. Bodybuilders look stronger than they actually are

Your caloric intake to loose weight and build lean muscle should be your body weight (in pounds) x13 - around 2200 calories

Wayne
07-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Six packs are made in the kitchen, mostly everyone has a six pack but has too much
body fat% for it to show, people who have these does not mean they spend hours in the gym

Abdominals are strengthened in the gym, just because someone has a sixpack does
not neccessarily mean they have a stronger core and doesn't even mean that they
work out. Bodybuilders look stronger than they actually are

Your caloric intake to loose weight and build lean muscle should be your body weight (in pounds) x13 - around 2200 calories

I've read that somewhere online, nice bit of info there I forgot about. :)

RedOktane
07-07-2009, 02:08 AM
Go to www.iwantsixpackabs.com - Its actually a decent workout, I myself, am a paralypian, for Canada (2014 paralypics in Sochi, Russia) and have my own personal trainer, but the iwantsixpackabs workout actually works everything and its fast!

:)

Red.

Arron
07-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Yeah I've been doing sit ups for the past week (not many, up to about 100 p/day). but is that enough? I have a summer party coming up next week where you dress in beach clothes and i wouldnt mind having a six pack by then. how many sit ups should i aim for? should i try and see what the maximum i could possibly reach in a day then set that as my target?

btw, nice guide. i will replace eating chocolates/ice cream etc and replace with fruit and look to eat more fish (not really a fan of it but ah well)

Wayne
07-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Yeah I've been doing sit ups for the past week (not many, up to about 100 p/day). but is that enough? I have a summer party coming up next week where you dress in beach clothes and i wouldnt mind having a six pack by then. how many sit ups should i aim for? should i try and see what the maximum i could possibly reach in a day then set that as my target?

btw, nice guide. i will replace eating chocolates/ice cream etc and replace with fruit and look to eat more fish (not really a fan of it but ah well)

Try and do as many as you can each day, but also try different ab exercises as well as sit ups, since sit ups only work the upper abdominals which would only give a 4 pack. If you try and do a set amount each day you'll find that you will get bored/stressed trying to reach that amount of sit ups when you're about half way through. If you don't like fish, eat more meats or eggs. :)

Arron
07-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Try and do as many as you can each day, but also try different ab exercises as well as sit ups, since sit ups only work the upper abdominals which would only give a 4 pack. If you try and do a set amount each day you'll find that you will get bored/stressed trying to reach that amount of sit ups when you're about half way through. If you don't like fish, eat more meats or eggs. :)

different ab exercises such as what?

Wayne
07-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Crunches, bicycle crunches, lying leg raises, right/left oblique crunches, reverse crunches etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNqrkGnkUWc

--liger--
07-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Okay if you really want a six pack/ abs try the P90X workout!!

Look at it here: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do

I did it, it hurts but it works. lol

You need to be able to reach far and do push-ups for the most part

Wayne
07-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Okay if you really want a six pack/ abs try the P90X workout!!

Look at it here: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do

I did it, it hurts but it works. lol

You need to be able to reach far and do push-ups for the most part

A $600.00 value for only 3 monthly payments of $39.95 (+$19.95 s&h) The whole idea of this thread was to warn people that paying nothing to gain a six pack is possible.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!