PDA

View Full Version : Point in the new habbo?

Scarcely
04-07-2009, 09:43 AM
I just came on habbo to see the new update, after not playing for ages. And all I can think of while using it is... Why? The updates are fairly basic, and don't improve the game much at all...
Hopefully I'm wrong and more is to come?

luce
04-07-2009, 09:50 AM
i think it's quite good really but there is still more to come i reckon as they're still asking us what we want adding/taking away

Scarcely
04-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Well at the moment there's nothing to excite me, all the same.
I don't see how they can improve it much anyway.

Accipiter
04-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Its a step forward, their not just going to slam 3d habbos on your screen and a driving simulator -.-

Laurensh1
04-07-2009, 10:03 AM
There has never been a point in Habbo... Anyway, upgrading is good as it makes it better on most parts :)

Scarcely
04-07-2009, 10:15 AM
There has never been a point in Habbo... Anyway, upgrading is good as it makes it better on most parts :)
Agreed.
It's just been over hyped.

AgnesIO
04-07-2009, 10:15 AM
I agree scarce. DJ-Dominator here btw.

Anyway I don't think the update has much point, and Sulake also seem to be 'missing' the most POPULAR ideas in the BETA forum, all seems a bit dead tbh, like they cant be bothered.

Jordan3606
04-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I reckon its a step backwards from the 'old' Habbo, everything has just gotten harder to use. The idea of updates is to make things easier, is it not?

It just seems like a pointless update to me, as if they're just updating stuff for the sake of it :/

Accipiter
08-07-2009, 02:05 PM
I reckon its a step backwards from the 'old' Habbo, everything has just gotten harder to use. The idea of updates is to make things easier, is it not?

It just seems like a pointless update to me, as if they're just updating stuff for the sake of it :/

whats hard about it?

Immenseman
08-07-2009, 02:06 PM
the world is a diverse and changing place, to keep up other things have to change to match certain desires. unfortunately for some, habbo isn't exempt.

Invent
08-07-2009, 02:14 PM
They haven't improved the game yet as they've moved to a completely new platform (Flash). Give them a few months and it should be much better than it currently is.

vito201-:D
09-07-2009, 01:48 AM
The three real reasons they changed to a flash client instead of a shockwave client is the following:

1.) No more inclient programs can be created (without GREAT effort)
2.) More OS/Computers (e.g. Linux) support Flash rather than Shockwave
3.) Maintenance on Flash (ActionScript3) is far cheaper than Shockwave (Lingo) because it's a more recognised programing language.

luce
09-07-2009, 06:33 AM
It's so the people who play who but credits and keep habbo going don't leave them and get bored, they are normally children who but alot and they will like this unlike some people on here who would prefer to keep it old.

I'm not sure but, unless they make some changes, i would rather like to keep it old.

Samishlol
09-07-2009, 06:37 AM
I think it's a nice upgrade for Habbo.

BlueEyedSarah
09-07-2009, 10:24 AM
It runs smoother than the old habbo, I notice hardly any lag if any at all.

Arron
09-07-2009, 10:54 AM
At the end of the day you have to respect what Habbo do for us, and besides, it's free?

It's always nice to have an update once in a while and I really like this one, i'd probably consider it my second favourite update since Version 9.

GrandTheftAudio
09-07-2009, 10:57 AM
I think the update looks crap. It was much better before. Change is good, but this one sucks... But at the end of the day Habbo will keep advancing forward and it will become more difficult for people to make lame retros.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!