PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with my computer.. [HELP]

Hovr
04-07-2009, 09:52 AM
I now have my new computer and it was all working i have reinstalled everything untill i plug my microphone last night and the audio devices and sounds have somehow been deleted. I have XP and when ever i click Volume Control a message comes up saying; "there are no active mixer devices to install mixer devices goto control panel and add hardwere." I have tried rebooting it back to yesterday, nothing. I have tried to add hardwere, nothing. I have also tried to re install windows, still nothing. Does anyone know anything which i could do? I have to wait till monday to ring the company up but has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks xx

Jamesy
04-07-2009, 09:55 AM
have you installed your audio drivers?

Hovr
04-07-2009, 09:58 AM
How do i install them, they were on here and the sound was working fine, then when i started installing all the programmes i needed then somehow its been deleted, i dont have any disk to install any audio its all in the windows XP. Or the harddrive.

Jamesy
04-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Look in device manager for the soundcard model and then google for drivers for it, download them and then install.

Hovr
04-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Device manager? Wheres that?

Also im downloading a driver now from..
http://www.officialdrivers.net/xp-sound.php?gclid=CLe5uPbnu5sCFdYB4wod0EmqTA
Would that work?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!