PDA

View Full Version : Trusted List?

//Tom
06-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Just wondering if bringing back a trusted list is a good idea or not?

Callum.
06-07-2009, 12:26 AM
no. too easy to scam once being on there. you always run the risk of getting scammed on any trade where you go first.

RareWolf
06-07-2009, 12:27 AM
YES I TOTALY AGREE SINCE I CANT EVEN ASK IF SOMEONE IS TRUSTED.

too many people get scammed these days cz its too easy. you need to get like 2 very very very trusted members to be in control of it. bring it back noww!!!!!!

Callum.
06-07-2009, 12:29 AM
also, the section is not active enough. before you had to do x amount of trades, it's hard to do that now. although I do recommend domC for pins

RareWolf
06-07-2009, 12:32 AM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Robbie! (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not accuse others of scamming

infatuation
06-07-2009, 12:36 AM
As callum stated, as much as I'd like it to happen it won't because there is always a risk you'll get scammed. I think it's silly how we can't state if a user is a scammer though, cause otherwise if the user makes a thread again, unless a previous person who was scammed warns them via message.

//Tom
06-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Also Xpro25 is a trusted pin seller :)

RareWolf
06-07-2009, 12:43 AM
i agree!! someone can just keep scamming and scamming because nobody is aloud to say anything!! How daft pls!

Kieeran
06-07-2009, 12:44 AM
ive never scammed any trades on ere but i could get on trusted list, do some fairly big trades and not scam then if i got a big trade i could scam because id be deemed 'trusted' if that makes sense lol

//Tom
06-07-2009, 12:45 AM
If nobody says anything then the person whos scamming is just going to keep getting away with it and continuing doing it, with a Trusted List you can see if there a safe dealer or not.

Edit: Well Kieran now theres the trade limit theres not really such thing as a big trade lol, all we seem to do is junk trade or pins.

Edit: Could also be a sticky where you can write down accusing someone of scamming, say if they appear more than once they would be marked down as unsafe?

RareWolf
06-07-2009, 12:48 AM
ok fair enough i understand a trusted list may be a bad idea but we should be able to say who scams! otherwise people are just gona keep doing it

//Tom
06-07-2009, 12:49 AM
ok fair enough i understand a trusted list may be a bad idea but we should be able to say who scams! otherwise people are just gona keep doing it

Well I woudn't say its a bad idea as HabboxForum has done it before on the runescape bit.

Kieeran
06-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeah but what about habbo for runescape pins etc

//Tom
06-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Haa I don't know i've confused myself now mate :)

infatuation
06-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Well really if you did that then anyone could say so and so is trusted/scammer. You'd need a youtube video for ultimate proof.

RareWolf
06-07-2009, 12:56 AM
stuff the list i just think we shud b able to say who scams and who doesnt. overwise more people will just leave this section and unless its just me there is only about 5 decent people here anyways! the rules arent letting us help each over and STAY SAFE! WHICH IS BASICLY WHAT RULES ARE ABOUT!!!

Arch
06-07-2009, 03:33 AM
Tbh, the trusted list wouldn't be good because lets say the most trusted person, they have done over 100+ trades and been safe. Now some BIG trade comes along like 5000$ real dollars (just an example) they will most likely scam. Im not a scammer im just saying id scam someone 5000 and get this account banned, im sure most of us would. So its basically just waiting till something happens. Also its good you can't accuse other members because if you just don't like someone then you can call them a scammer. If you wanna warn people send them a PM before they trade the person warning them. ANDDDDDDD if u really wanna stop scammers vid/screenie everything its not hard to do.

Kieeran
06-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Or we just keep things the way they are and if people get scammed then unlucky :s

//Tom
06-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Tbh, the trusted list wouldn't be good because lets say the most trusted person, they have done over 100+ trades and been safe. Now some BIG trade comes along like 5000$ real dollars (just an example) they will most likely scam. Im not a scammer im just saying id scam someone 5000 and get this account banned, im sure most of us would. So its basically just waiting till something happens. Also its good you can't accuse other members because if you just don't like someone then you can call them a scammer. If you wanna warn people send them a PM before they trade the person warning them. ANDDDDDDD if u really wanna stop scammers vid/screenie everything its not hard to do.

I know what your saying, but EVEN if we do screenie/vid what happens it'll still get removed by a mod for accusing for scamming.

Callum.
06-07-2009, 01:52 PM
and about naming scammers, no because we don't know if it's true or not. just advise them not to trade, thats not accusing

Arch
06-07-2009, 02:07 PM
I know what your saying, but EVEN if we do screenie/vid what happens it'll still get removed by a mod for accusing for scamming.

Send the vid/screenie to a Mod/Smod or someone, and send it to people who are going to trade the person next.

and about naming scammers, no because we don't know if it's true or not. just advise them not to trade, thats not accusing

Exactly, if you don't like someone you might say their a scammer just because you don't like them. You can still say "Id advise not going first." As thats not calling anyone a scammer thats just saying don't go first.

xpro25
06-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Also Xpro25 is a trusted pin seller :)

Erm yes bring back the list but scammer list be pointless as soon as you on it you just make another account... But safe list be good...

IceNineKills
08-07-2009, 12:25 PM
all the past lists failed, hard. just a waste of time making another one. also, the mods in this section don't bother posting here so they'll be all lazy about it.

Zokoli
09-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Why not just post a video of the trade after.

Even if it was good ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!