PDA

View Full Version : AU Hotel Rudeness

HOSKO02
07-07-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure if the phrase 'tight-ass' is more acceptable in AU than the UK, but I wouldn't expect to see it on a hotels front page:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3244/auhotel.png (http://img22.imageshack.us/i/auhotel.png/)

I lol'd ;]

Accipiter
07-07-2009, 12:16 PM
they might like skinny jeans?

Laurensh1
07-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Been around of ages on the .AU Hotel... No big deal.

Dada
07-07-2009, 01:58 PM
yeah, it dosen't really mean anything that offensive. It just means someone is cheap.

melon.
07-07-2009, 04:02 PM
*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not be rude to others.

luce
09-07-2009, 06:36 AM
I wouldn't be offended if i saw that? I think it means he's tight with his money. What is the story behind it then it may be put into context.

LightSoldier
09-07-2009, 08:35 AM
The reason why its called "Tight-Ass Tuesday" is because usually every week in Australia cause I live in Australia, Tuesdays are cheap, like petrol, clothing basically lots of stuff.

and Most Australians call it "Tight-Ass Tuesday" or "Cheap Tuesday", and Habbo AU adopted the name so they have their own Cheap Tuesday kind of thing.

Plus the word "Tight-Ass" isn't a big of a deal in Australia, doesn't really offend anyone. Only if you use it in a bad way, which will offend someone.

roulette
09-07-2009, 08:54 AM
*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator] : Please do not be rude to others or avoid the filter. Thanks.

TotalShambles
09-07-2009, 09:52 AM
uhm? I don't see how this is offencive? Its not sayin 'your mum has a tight-ass' if you know what i mean, its just a figure of speach imo.!

HOSKO02
09-07-2009, 07:55 PM
uhm? I don't see how this is offencive? Its not sayin 'your mum has a tight-ass' if you know what i mean, its just a figure of speach imo.!

Haha, that's how I thought it could be interpreted and so would be a source for jokes, still, the phrase tight-ass still seems a bit taboo for a kiddies website.

Blinger1
10-07-2009, 03:23 AM
The reason why its called "Tight-Ass Tuesday" is because usually every week in Australia cause I live in Australia, Tuesdays are cheap, like petrol, clothing basically lots of stuff.

and Most Australians call it "Tight-Ass Tuesday" or "Cheap Tuesday", and Habbo AU adopted the name so they have their own Cheap Tuesday kind of thing.

Plus the word "Tight-Ass" isn't a big of a deal in Australia, doesn't really offend anyone. Only if you use it in a bad way, which will offend someone.
even so, if you call someone a tight-ass, they know that it isn't an insult.

Heck, i am a tight-ass.. :D!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!