PDA

View Full Version : for **** sake

Favourtism
07-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Just got RROD ;\

Sent this to MS;;

'Hello,

My Xbox 360 has received the E73 (3 Red Lights) error. I was wondering if you could inform me whether it is still in warranty for this (As I purchased it as a Pre-Owned Console from Gamestation).

MFR Date; -SNIP-
Serial Number; -SNIP-
Product ID; -SNIP-

If it is not under 3 Red Lights warranty, could you tell me how much it would cost to be fixed.

Also could you let me know how I arrange for it to be fixed etc?

Thanks'

Anyone know if im in the **** or not

Monopoly
07-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I've had mine for three years I think?
They still take it, and give me a free month of Live too, when it RRODs.

//Tom
07-07-2009, 07:29 PM
tbh just send it back 2 them mine wasnt even in warranty i sent it back and they fixed it without realising it wasnt.

Favourtism
07-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Edit; It isnt RROD, its E74 aka video something failure but 3 red lights show LOL ;\\

Jordy
07-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Recently Microsoft allowed E74 to be covered under the 3 year warranty as well as RROD so you're in luck. Otherwise it costs around £70-80 to get it fixed!

You can send it off to be repaired online or over the phone, you print off postage stamps and book a time with UPS for them to pick it up and it generally takes a week or two.

btw RROD is 3 red lights anyway, you'd think 'Red Ring' would mean all 4 but it's actually just 3.

Favourtism
07-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Recently Microsoft allowed E74 to be covered under the 3 year warranty as well as RROD so you're in luck. Otherwise it costs around £70-80 to get it fixed!

You can send it off to be repaired online or over the phone, you print off postage stamps and book a time with UPS for them to pick it up and it generally takes a week or two.
It was bought in August 06 so literally if it would have happened in a few weeks I would be ****** lol

07-07-2009, 07:40 PM
I had the E74 back in October and the mexican guy on the phone just said it wasent in warranty, than I was like so what do I do, and he said just send it in and theyll fix it for free.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!