PDA

View Full Version : Britain to build £1m jail for NIGERIA

-:Undertaker:-
08-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Britain to pay for Nigerian prison (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1198401/Britain-build-3m-jail-Nigeria-400-prisoners-serving-sentences-here.html)

British taxpayers are to provide £1million for a comfortable jail in Nigeria to take convicts whose crimes were committed in the UK. The prison would house 400 Nigerian inmates incarcerated in our own packed prisons who cannot be forcibly sent home to complete their punishments. Jails there are considered so rough that any prisoner the UK tried to deport could oppose their removal on human rights grounds. But the Government hopes that by spending as much as £1million turning a rundown Nigerian prison into something approaching British standards, the convicts could be repatriated.

In a way we deserve to go bankrupt, we really, really do. We haven't enough money to build new prisons of our own, haven't enough money for people dying on cancer who could be kept alive longer on life-extending drugs yet we are giving away money to schemes like this.

Heres an idea, anyone here who commits a crime can be sent back to their own country regardless of prison conditions there - maybe it'd teach them a valuable lesson too - not to commit crime.

Even better though, how about we not allow these criminals in in the first place?

Alkaz
08-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Send them packing back home and let them sort them out with harsher punishments. I bet foreign countries love us for keeping there prisioners.

GommeInc
08-07-2009, 10:00 PM
How much would it be to build/buy aload of nukes to set off across the British isles? Just an idea, you need not know but it involves saving the world for Britain ;)

Why Nigeria can't built their own I don't know... If Britain was a global super power then maybe building such a prison would be OK, but we're not :/

08-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Well if I was Nigeria/the rest of the world I wouldn't build them with my own money, i'd just wait until the pushover United Kingdom offered to build it for me.

//Tom
09-07-2009, 01:49 AM
fink its a bad idea tbh

Frodo13.
09-07-2009, 11:28 AM
To be fair, not spending that £1m is hardly going to save the economy.

Dave,
09-07-2009, 11:32 AM
To be honest £1m isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things. None of us will ever see that amount of money but to our government it is just pocket change. It would cost over £100m to build a prison here. I'd rather see them serve their time in their own country, at least when they're released they won't be able to commit crimes again on our streets.

Wahey
Aren't we generous

To be fair, not spending that £1m is hardly going to save the economy.

It all adds up, and I can't see why we can't spend £1 million here on life extending drugs/other well needed projects when we can afford to spend £1 million on a Nigerian prison.

Niall!
09-07-2009, 12:09 PM
That's horrible, they're criminals, they should just be thrown into Nigerian jails.

Hecktix
09-07-2009, 12:59 PM
You moan when the Government don't do anything about immigrants then you moan when they come up with plans to deport the type of immigrants you don't like.

Can you ever be pleased?

09-07-2009, 01:04 PM
You moan when the Government don't do anything about immigrants then you moan when they come up with plans to deport the type of immigrants you don't like.

Can you ever be pleased?

I'll be pleased when they deport them without having to build prisons for other countrys, how about that for an answer?

Hecktix
09-07-2009, 01:09 PM
I'll be pleased when they deport them without having to build prisons for other countrys, how about that for an answer?

It's a British Prison, it'll be owned by us & from what I gathered we'll have control.

At the end of the day it's the lack of money & jobs in countries like Nigeria that make them come here.. so putting money into a country like that could just stop them coming?

09-07-2009, 01:12 PM
It's a British Prison, it'll be owned by us & from what I gathered we'll have control.

At the end of the day it's the lack of money & jobs in countries like Nigeria that make them come here.. so putting money into a country like that could just stop them coming?

Building a prison in Nigeria will stop people from Nigeria coming here? - you think these criminals came here for jobs?

Hecktix
09-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Building a prison in Nigeria will stop people from Nigeria coming here? - you think these criminals came here for jobs?

Not all nigerians are criminals.

jackass
09-07-2009, 01:39 PM
This is getting ridiculous.

09-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Not all nigerians are criminals.

Who said that? - I said the ones who came over here, who we are having to build a prison for are the criminals.

Sammeth.
09-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Only £1mil? That won't be big enough to get Nigeria in.

Niall!
09-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Only £1mil? That won't be big enough to get Nigeria in.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2dceo1s.jpg

That's racist and I'm reporting you.

Sammeth.
09-07-2009, 02:12 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/2dceo1s.jpg

That's racist and I'm reporting you.
The thread title said £1m jail FOR Nigeria! Jeez.

Niall!
09-07-2009, 02:17 PM
The thread title said £1m jail FOR Nigeria! Jeez.

http://i28.tinypic.com/28ba009.jpg

Wrong you were playing on the thread title to make it look like all Nigerians were criminals.

Sammeth.
09-07-2009, 03:01 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/28ba009.jpg

Wrong you were playing on the thread title to make it look like all Nigerians were criminals.
Don't be silly!

Frodo13.
09-07-2009, 11:05 PM
The fact this story comes from the Daily Mail does no favours for me. The reporters for the Daily Star have more brains than those for the Mail.

09-07-2009, 11:21 PM
The fact this story comes from the Daily Mail does no favours for me. The reporters for the Daily Star have more brains than those for the Mail.

That may be true, but the amount of brain cells put into the Mail or Star alone would by far pass the amount put into making the Guardian newspaper.

Sammeth.
10-07-2009, 12:44 AM
That may be true, but the amount of brain cells put into the Mail or Star alone would by far pass the amount put into making the Guardian newspaper.
Are we talking about the same Daily Star that reported aliens were going into the big brother house and even got a statement from Channel 4 for their story? Cus if so I think you might be overexaggerating...

alexxxxx
10-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Nigeria is actually crazily dense. There are over 100million people living in Nigeria, in a country loads smaller than the UK. =|

underscore
10-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Why are we helping them, USA should help them, they've got more money and probably more power, Gordon Brown just loves wasting tax payers money, ******* hell.

Frodo13.
12-07-2009, 11:04 PM

Well yes. It is odd though that alot of your views appear to be clearly coppied from the Daily Mail though.

12-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Well yes. It is odd though that alot of your views appear to be clearly coppied from the Daily Mail though.

I agree with the Daily Mail on most things, the difference being is that I don't feel the need to mention the Guardian when someone says they support the European Union/Labour or dislike Margaret Thatcher because i'm capable of discussing my opinions without having newspapers mentioned.

Sammeth.
13-07-2009, 12:32 PM
News of the World!

le harry
13-07-2009, 12:33 PM
of all the places? nigeria? ;s;s;s

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!