PDA

View Full Version : Your views on illegal downloading.

Niall!
11-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Well, I've encountered many people online in my time, some are just fine about it, some are.. not so fine.

I pirate alot, I must admit, and I do it simply for the reason that I don't want to pay for something I can get for free.

What about you guys?

-:Undertaker:-
11-07-2009, 08:49 PM
The music companies charge too much and I would say to anyone to use LimeWire or another service, unless they wanted a song they couldn't find/was bad quality on LimeWire.

Tintinnabulate
11-07-2009, 08:49 PM
The thing is, I would happily go buy DVDs if they didnt cost like £40 :\
£12 for a dvd boxset and I would buy it, but £40 for something that costs them like pennies to produce is rediculous. They already make most of their money from airing it on TV or cinemas.
I seriously think if they sold it for less, more people would buy it, and overall they would get higher sales and profit (depending on how they cost it).

Robbie
11-07-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm fine with it lol - I download my

- Music
- PC Games
- 360 Games (for like 8 360s)
- Wii Games
- DS Games
- PSP Games
- Movies
- iPhone Apps

Niall!
11-07-2009, 08:52 PM
The music companies charge too much and I would say to anyone to use LimeWire or another service, unless they wanted a song they couldn't find/was bad quality on LimeWire.

The thing is, I would happily go buy DVDs if they didnt cost like £40 :\
£12 for a dvd boxset and I would buy it, but £40 for something that costs them like pennies to produce is rediculous. They already make most of their money from airing it on TV or cinemas.
I seriously think if they sold it for less, more people would buy it, and overall they would get higher sales and profit (depending on how they cost it).

So you guys base it on prices huh?

I don't. Even if it was 10 quid for a DVD boxset, I would still pirate. I don't have money to waste (not poor, just like spending money on clothes and drink) for anything. Besides, most things that come out nowadays are ****.

And yeah Robbie, I pirate the exact same things except the 360 games, I can't get a modchip for it.

Robbie
11-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Flash the DVD drive, all you need is a VIA SATA card :)

Bef
11-07-2009, 08:55 PM
I always download, games, movies, cds, everything. when people moan about how ur stealing money from these celebritys it makes me laugh. i think they have to much money anyway, why do they need more? so they can buy a few more grams of coke? so they can live there lives of luxery? the only reason i would buy a cd/ dvd is if the proceeds were going to charity!

Tintinnabulate
11-07-2009, 08:58 PM
So you guys base it on prices huh?

Rarely, but some stuff like 24 dvd box sets, I would happily buy because I love the show so much if it didnt cost like £40.
I rarely buy games though as I only ever play a game for a week and after that I never touch it.

Andys
11-07-2009, 08:59 PM
doing it as we speakkkkk

Immenseman
11-07-2009, 08:59 PM
i have quite an ignorant view - it doesn't affect me so i don't care. i have done it - not like some - i would imagine a lot of teens have.

Robbie
11-07-2009, 09:00 PM
My uTorrent says total downloaded is 46gig - and that doesn't include the 360 games and crap off usenet, and I reformatted not that long ago.

Tintinnabulate
11-07-2009, 09:01 PM
My uTorrent says total downloaded is 46gig - and that doesn't include the 360 games and crap off usenet, and I reformatted not that long ago.

I stopped downloading 360 games when I can get them for £1.20 each including delivery =D so much easier than wasting time downloading and burning on CD.

lick
11-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah i download loads, like i have films i never even watched.

I mainly download shows cause there all on tpb before they even get played here and cause i dont have time

Mikey
11-07-2009, 09:59 PM
I download music from the internet, teenagers just don't have the money for it. >:(

-:Undertaker:-
11-07-2009, 10:04 PM
These companies already make large sums of profit so I really don't see any other reason but extreme greed of them to crackdown on teenagers.

Caution
11-07-2009, 10:11 PM
I also download loads, I'm not going to spend money on something if I can get it for free, unless it's a present or something obviously. I download films, apps and music on torrents and LimeWire. The companies aren't suffering from it.

Jordy
11-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I illegally downloads loads but I'm not going to try justify it, because I don't think it can be justified.

I do it because I can, why spend money when I can do it for free, it's quicker and usually less limitations (I can download an .mp4 straight and put it on my ipod rather than faffing around with DVD Rippers and converters).

If they made it difficult for me to pirate I wouldn't do it, simple as. I do it because I'm lazy and don't want to waste my money when I don't have to, I'm not going to say I do it because the music industry makes too much, that's nonsense, you all do it for the same reasons as me so stop telling yourselves your doing it because your the music industry getting more money etc.

efq
11-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Love it. I think most if not all stuff on my computers and laptops are not legit. The OS are pirated, software like ESET, microsoft office etc Pirated. I have disked hundreds of movies, games and stuff. The only thing I do good in the law rights is I don't sell it off and only use for personal use.

Jam
12-07-2009, 12:27 AM
I buy all my music, all my movies & all my games. Once or twice I'l download the song off YT if its a 'album only' purchase on iTunes, but apart from that I buy the album at HMV or the indiv. songs on iTunes.

Alkaz
12-07-2009, 01:20 AM
I do, but not often, I normally get from friends. Things like itunes are too expensive when there is the temptation of free downloads.

infatuation
12-07-2009, 01:46 AM
Never bought a CD or Movie in my life. (Out of my own pocket anyways, friends have got me cd's and parents buy movies..) but yeah as other people say, what's the point? If it was too hard, I probably would, but downloading is so basic anyone can do it nowadays. I'm definitely all for downloading.

AgnesIO
12-07-2009, 09:12 AM
I rarely do it.

What people have to remember, especially the idiots that claim they do it 'because the music industry makes too much', is that if everyone started downloading illegally is there wouldn't be any games, there wouldn't be any music, then who would complain? YOU.

And if you were the person making the money I doubt you would complain? Of course you bloody well wouldn't. Its talking out your arse and pathetic tbh.

-----

I bet half the people that download illegally hate people on benefits, and say it is unfair? Well then tell me this. Does it make you any better if you download illegally, when half the rest of the people in the world have to PAY. If it wasn't for the people that actually PAY, you poor planks wouldn't have any music to listen to.

Its the same with benefits - if everyone went on benefits here WOULDN'T BE BENEFITS FOR ANYONE. All as bad as each other.

Rant over.

Niall!
12-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I rarely do it.

What people have to remember, especially the idiots that claim they do it 'because the music industry makes too much', is that if everyone started downloading illegally is there wouldn't be any games, there wouldn't be any music, then who would complain? YOU.

And if you were the person making the money I doubt you would complain? Of course you bloody well wouldn't. Its talking out your arse and pathetic tbh.

-----

I bet half the people that download illegally hate people on benefits, and say it is unfair? Well then tell me this. Does it make you any better if you download illegally, when half the rest of the people in the world have to PAY. If it wasn't for the people that actually PAY, you poor planks wouldn't have any music to listen to.

Its the same with benefits - if everyone went on benefits here WOULDN'T BE BENEFITS FOR ANYONE. All as bad as each other.

Rant over.

I'm better than most of the world, so yes, they should pay for me. As I've said, I refuse point blank to buy nearly anything nowadays than can be downloaded, and it's not my fault that others are to ******ed to do it.

AgnesIO
12-07-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm better than most of the world, so yes, they should pay for me. As I've said, I refuse point blank to buy nearly anything nowadays than can be downloaded, and it's not my fault that others are to ******ed to do it.

Did you even read my ******* post?

IF EVERYONE STOPPED PAYING THEN YOU WOULDN'T EVEN BE ON THIS FORUM, YOU WOULDN'T BE ON YOUR COMPUTER, YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN TO MUSIC, YOU WOULDN'T PLAY GAMES.

If it wasn't for some people, companies would all go bust - man you lot do a great job helping to recession get worse.

Congratulations :rolleyes:

Niall!
12-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Did you even read my ******* post?

IF EVERYONE STOPPED PAYING THEN YOU WOULDN'T EVEN BE ON THIS FORUM, YOU WOULDN'T BE ON YOUR COMPUTER, YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN TO MUSIC, YOU WOULDN'T PLAY GAMES.

If it wasn't for some people, companies would all go bust - man you lot do a great job helping to recession get worse.

Congratulations :rolleyes:

Hurr durr? We're not talking about everything, we're talking about music, games, software, movies etc, you can't download a computer *REMOVED*. So your "if everyone stopped paying" argument is invalid, as we're only talking about certain things.

Sure, your last two points are correct, but honestly I don't give a ****, because games today are so short that I can complete them in a day, which isn't worth the money they charge and I mostly listen to old rock music so I don't care if the rappers put down their microphones.

Also thanks for paying for me, how does it feel I'm enjoying free stuff before you and then you're paying for it? Feels bad doesn't it? Oh well, maybe you should try joining the superior people that can and will download when they feel like it.

Edited by :Mobile (Forum Moderator): Please do not insult other members.

AgnesIO
12-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Hurr durr? We're not talking about everything, we're talking about music, games, software, movies etc, you can't download a computer fool. So your "if everyone stopped paying" argument is invalid, as we're only talking about certain things.

Sure, your last two points are correct, but honestly I don't give a ****, because games today are so short that I can complete them in a day, which isn't worth the money they charge and I mostly listen to old rock music so I don't care if the rappers put down their microphones.

Also thanks for paying for me, how does it feel I'm enjoying free stuff before you and then you're paying for it? Feels bad doesn't it? Oh well, maybe you should try joining the superior people that can and will download when they feel like it.

Doesn't feel bad actually, shows I am an hones citizen which can afford a fiver aww how does it feel to be poor :S Pointless arguement.

You don't download a computer, but people in this thread mentioned OS's and I think you need them to work the computer!!!1111

Well done for owning yourself.

Now iI like rock too (and jazz) but lets be honest I never said rappers put down there mic's, just think. If it happened to rock! Wouldn't you be happy! :rolleyes:

Niall!
12-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Doesn't feel bad actually, shows I am an hones citizen which can afford a fiver aww how does it feel to be poor :S Pointless arguement.

You don't download a computer, but people in this thread mentioned OS's and I think you need them to work the computer!!!1111

Well done for owning yourself.

Now iI like rock too (and jazz) but lets be honest I never said rappers put down there mic's, just think. If it happened to rock! Wouldn't you be happy! :rolleyes:

I would be happy, it would stop all these **** pop rock groups like Greenday trying to make themselves and name.

Also poor, me? haha no. I prefer to spend my money on clothes and alcohol, like any normal teenager would. No friends? Aww poor you.

Also, I don't download OSs so I don't give a **** about your arguement, considering I'm better than you.

Honest citizen? Ok mate, hang on, ever heard the saying nice guys finish last? It goes the same for citizens, honest citizens finish last, in every way. Enjoy saving up for a new car and having to buy CDs and DVDs, taking you longer.

I'll enjoy my free stuff and a new car before you.

RandomManJay
12-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I used to do it quite a lot, but after my Uni wouldn't let me while I was staying in Halls :P, I've had to stick to the conventional buying them on iTunes or in shops and somehow got used to it. I do download if there is a song I can't find on iTunes or in shops.

AgnesIO
12-07-2009, 10:00 AM
I would be happy, it would stop all these **** pop rock groups like Greenday trying to make themselves and name.

Also poor, me? haha no. I prefer to spend my money on clothes and alcohol, like any normal teenager would. No friends? Aww poor you.

Also, I don't download OSs so I don't give a **** about your arguement, considering I'm better than you.

Honest citizen? Ok mate, hang on, ever heard the saying nice guys finish last? It goes the same for citizens, honest citizens finish last, in every way. Enjoy saving up for a new car and having to buy CDs and DVDs, taking you longer.

I'll enjoy my free stuff and a new car before you.

Come on Niall lets not say 'You don't have friends' when you have never met me :S

You probably will get a car before me since you are older than me!!!1111one!! Somehow I cant see £2500 for a car hurting me too much :S

---

It is also sad being jealous of successful bands because they have clearly made more out of their lives than you, probably myself and the rest of this forum ever will.

Niall!
12-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Come on Niall lets not say 'You don't have friends' when you have never met me :S

You probably will get a car before me since you are older than me!!!1111one!! Somehow I cant see £2500 for a car hurting me too much :S

---

It is also sad being jealous of successful bands because they have clearly made more out of their lives than you, probably myself and the rest of this forum ever will.

Then don't see I'm poor when you don't even know me?

And yes I will, and you paying 10 quid for CDs and more for DVDs won't help you.

And jealous? Hahaha. Why would I be jealous if I'm not in the music industry, and why would I be jealous of a band whos most recent hit song contains the same words over and over again.

AgnesIO
12-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Then don't see I'm poor when you don't even know me?

And yes I will, and you paying 10 quid for CDs and more for DVDs won't help you.

And jealous? Hahaha. Why would I be jealous if I'm not in the music industry, and why would I be jealous of a band whos most recent hit song contains the same words over and over again.

Yet they still made big money. Well done Greenday!

I never actually said I buy a lot of CD's and DVD's?

1) I hate films - they bore the crap out of me.
2) Most music I play myself.
3) Any CD's I own were bought for me.

So to be honest I don't actually spend much money on them? :S

Niall!
12-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Yet they still made big money. Well done Greenday!

I never actually said I buy a lot of CD's and DVD's?

1) I hate films - they bore the crap out of me.
2) Most music I play myself.
3) Any CD's I own were bought for me.

So to be honest I don't actually spend much money on them? :S

Then who are you to say I'm wrong to download when you don't even buy them yourself? You've really just owned your entire argument yourself. Well done.

AgnesIO
12-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Then who are you to say I'm wrong to download when you don't even buy them yourself? You've really just owned your entire argument yourself. Well done.

I RARELY buy myself. RARELY. If i do want though, i will buy.

Niall!
12-07-2009, 10:18 AM
I RARELY buy myself. RARELY. If i do want though, i will buy.

Then your saying it's alright because I buy one xbox game a year. Ok thanks.

AgnesIO
12-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Then your saying it's alright because I buy one xbox game a year. Ok thanks.

But I VERY VERY rarely download.

So no I am not.

I will only ever download if it is one song I need for guitar - as I don't buy over iTunes

Oleh
12-07-2009, 11:09 AM
I think it's just down to the greediness of the companies, artists nowadays only do it for money, not many do it for the great entertainment

I download movies either a) im not old enough to watch or b) look crap but i wanna watch it

Used to download 360 games, but i tried reflashing it, silly me hit ram flash :( and bricked it
i buy good movies what are in trilogys and quadrilogys

I download all my music, seeing as cds are like £12 but probably cost in excess of 50p to make

i download games, for pc and wii

Robbie
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Guessing you have a Hitachi drive then

Niall!
12-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Guessing you have a Hitachi drive then

My 2 500GB harddrives full of stuff says high.

I need to buy another one, thinking of getting a 1TB hardrive.

//Tom
12-07-2009, 12:07 PM
I download films/music etc but I buy xbox360 games.

:bev
12-07-2009, 12:11 PM
i only use limewire for my music
had no probs up to now
:)

Gullable
12-07-2009, 12:38 PM
only download my music.
:eusa_danc

Accipiter
12-07-2009, 12:54 PM
flashget ftw, i use frostwire for songs though although half of them are often **** quality, so i have to waste time finding a good one.

you can download basically anything safetly with flashget.

Robbie
12-07-2009, 01:04 PM
FlashGet is just a download manager

Jxhn
12-07-2009, 02:04 PM
I always download music from the internet. Then if I like the band i might buy the album or go to concerts to support them.

I download a lot of TV, but that's no worse than using video/dvd recorders to save programs.

GrandTheftAudio
12-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I still go to shops to buy films, games and music. But I'm not spending £100 on computer software I can get for free, **** that

Mentor
12-07-2009, 09:23 PM
TBH my general view is, if you were not going to buy something anyway, then if you obtain it another way no one looses. The creator of the software/film/music/whatever else, did not loose a sale becuse the person would not have brought it anyway. The person who obtained it on the other hand, simply gains somthing they other wize would not have had. The result is free advertsing from that person, and in the end an actually gain in the sales the content creator gets.
So in the end, if the person who pirates somthing, was never intending to pay for it. Its win win on both sides. If on the other hand, the person was willing to pay for it, but instead pirated it. Then and only then is piracy causeing a very very small loss.

Pyroka
12-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Brb just need to close BitTorrent, Ill reply properly later on since itll slow down my download of '100 albums you must own'.

Rixion
12-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I download music on FrostWire

and I buy Xbox games and other stuff.

Frodo13.
12-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Only ever pirate music, but buy everything else. I'll occasionaly buy music albums if I really like the artist aswell.

BlueEyedSarah
13-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Its known as illegal downloading for a reason, thats my view on it.

MrGazet
13-07-2009, 08:23 AM
i dnt mind it at all. i pirate way a lot so yeah.anyway they are too rich already lool

PaulMacC
13-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I only buy albums of bands I'd like to support.
Any other I usually download.

Jxhn
13-07-2009, 03:00 PM

Your view is that it's illegal?

It doesn't hurt anybody, it's the same as asking a friend if you can borrow their CD. If they said, 'no go and buy it, thats illegal' you'd think they're crazy.

efq
13-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Well also another reason is because I get garenteened 100mb in Lisbon (Soon Albufeira), so its quicker for me to download than to go to the shops.

Caution
13-07-2009, 04:12 PM

Everyone knows it's illegal, how's that a view?:S

Absently
13-07-2009, 04:14 PM
I usually download songs then go buy the album or the artist. Just to see if I actually like it or not.

Wahey
13-07-2009, 04:40 PM
I think it's fine, but it is unfair on the makers

Moh
13-07-2009, 04:47 PM
The last time I bought a film was about a year ago. Its much faster to download a film than to drive to the shop and buy one.

Arch
13-07-2009, 04:55 PM
yerrr i download everything i think its fine, sucks for the artist or filmmaker etc...

Jordy
13-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Its known as illegal downloading for a reason, thats my view on it.Yes if you look around you, most things are for a reason. It's known as illegal downloading because of this;
Downloading - Copying a file off the internet onto your own storage.
Illegal - Because copying a copyright file off the internet to your own storage is illegal.

So yes it is known as illegal downloading for a reason, quite obvious really.

user130523
13-07-2009, 09:37 PM
i used to via limewire, but tiscali threatened to shut down internet and take to court blah blah so i stopped :(

just use youtube/itunes now D;

Ontario
22-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I used to torrent.
but when over 40 billion songs were downloaded illegally last year they will never be able to control it so why bother.

Catchy
22-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Oh it's fine :)

LoveToStack
22-07-2009, 08:26 PM
i used to via limewire, but tiscali threatened to shut down internet and take to court blah blah so i stopped :(

just use youtube/itunes now D;

BT sent me a letter asking me if I was downloading movies illegally because I had gone over my download limit by a fair bit and it listed a load of torrents. I thought I was going to get in the **** but they just asked me to consider upgrading to unlimited downloads. Many laughs were had.

Zokoli
23-07-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm fine with pirating as I have done it for ages.
Why waste money on DVD box sets when you can get it for free? Then with that money, you can get clothes&stuff.

;)

Suspective
23-07-2009, 06:36 AM
Illegal downloading is quite common. Not saying it should be excused. But the story about the Women and Bankruptcy is just plain right wrong, she shouldn't of been fined so much despite downloading not legally.

Japan
23-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Downloading music is basically killing your favourite band.
They don't get any money, and as a result they'll have to find other jobs.
My dad's a musician and the only money he gets from his job is in concerts and merchandise because no-one bothers to buy CDS any more.

NEEVE
23-07-2009, 12:06 PM
I only do it if I am desperate to have a song on my ipod and there is a good quality one on Limewire. If not the songs goes on a big list and I save up to buy the songs from itunes.

I think its okay to do it and celebs arnt desperate for money as they already have plenty of money in the bank.

IceNineKills
23-07-2009, 01:55 PM
i always illegaly download an album before buying it because I don't want buy it then not like it. I'll download it, listen to it a few times and if I like it i'll go and buy it.

Suspective
23-07-2009, 04:36 PM
But when you say they have plenty, they won't no longer if you carry on downloading.

Jam
23-07-2009, 05:38 PM
The last time I bought a film was about a year ago. Its much faster to download a film than to drive to the shop and buy one.

No excuse. There's various places to legally download films, eg. iTunes. Or order the DVD/Blu Ray on HMV or some other stores site.

Soy
23-07-2009, 06:20 PM
way I think of it is it's not illegal if you don't get caught

Oleh
23-07-2009, 08:04 PM
My dad's a musician and the only money he gets from his job is in concerts and merchandise because no-one bothers to buy CDS any more.

They get hundreds of thousands of pounds, how greedy can they be

Swinkid
23-07-2009, 08:21 PM

Singers, rockstars actually do not get alot of money than you think. Alot of it is taken by there managers and publishing etc..

Oleh
23-07-2009, 08:26 PM
But singing, performing is an art, not a job, you may think it is but it isnt

Swinkid
23-07-2009, 08:28 PM

You were saying they get paid alot, im pointing out they do not..

It yes is partly an art, however it does a small bit of a job from it as you can earn a living using it.

ifuseekamy
23-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Most money goes towards agents/managers/production/bands/backup singers etc. This coupled with tax means they are walking away with a minority percentage of total earnings. Besides that most celebrities are in debt just like any other person.

That doesn't make sense. It's an activity through which they earn money therefore a job.

AgnesIO
24-07-2009, 08:49 AM
way I think of it is it's not illegal if you don't get caught

So you think if you are a/an:

Footballer
Other Sportsman
Singer
Musician
Actor
Artist
And about two million other jobs are 'arts' and not jobs? Of course they are. You may think they arn't, but they are.

AlexOC
24-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I dont download music anymores, just create a youtube playlist, easier :)

Japan
24-07-2009, 11:47 AM

A record sells 500,000 copies and nets £2,000,000. About £1,972,000 goes to producers, managers, hire of equipment, studio and musicians, advertising etc.
So about £28,000 goes to the artists, even less if it has to be divided between band members.

Skajo
24-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Music and films shouldn't cost so much.

kuzkasate
24-07-2009, 06:32 PM
I dont even know why its illegal... its like stupid. The buttons are there all you click is download and simple. I watched this programme where a tv presenter asked lots of people if they do it... EVERYONE did it. Even like old people and everything ... :rolleyes:

Fehm
24-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I reckon, If the cost of music [Thats the biggest culprit in my opinion] was cheaper. there would be no need what so ever to illegally download it.

Say iTunes, 79p a track... If that was reduced to 50p or something that wasn't so odd, then you could easily work out, if you brought a £15 Gift Card, thats 30 songs. Your getting a good deal..

Its the record labels that are suffering, and they are the only ones that can control what's going on.

AgnesIO
25-07-2009, 09:19 AM
A record sells 500,000 copies and nets £2,000,000. About £1,972,000 goes to producers, managers, hire of equipment, studio and musicians, advertising etc.
So about £28,000 goes to the artists, even less if it has to be divided between band members.

I am against mass-downloading, but lets be honest your stats are VERY over the top.

If you can honestly say in the three years that busted were together they only made £28,000 each through CD's, then you are mad. (Going by the four main CD's they released).

Feep
25-07-2009, 11:01 AM
I use Utorrent

Atm Im downloading GTA Sanandreas for my PC will take me a day. It's 12GB

The game would probably cost me a fiver. but CBA to pay

AgnesIO
25-07-2009, 11:25 AM
I use Utorrent

Atm Im downloading GTA Sanandreas for my PC will take me a day. It's 12GB

The game would probably cost me a fiver. but CBA to pay

Can't afford it more like :\

You mean you can't be assed to wait 12 hours downloading it, but you can't be bothered to order it which takes 5 mins? :rolleyes:

Caution
25-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Most people can't afford it though! How many teenagers can afford to buy music and films, or how many in their right mind would when you can get it for free and spend money on more important things. :S

Dinosaurawrr
25-07-2009, 04:11 PM
i want to buy my music but the point is
music is too expensive
and when i try to buy from itunes it has copy right therefore i cant use on like my sam nd tht
so i have 2?

AgnesIO
25-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Most people can't afford it though! How many teenagers can afford to buy music and films, or how many in their right mind would when you can get it for free and spend money on more important things. :S

I can EASILY. Not exactly expensive :S

And again £10 to help the economy. "You wouldn't walk into a shop and steal a CD" ~ I bet if someone you knew was stealing stuff from shops you wouldn't be to fond of that person. Well then, what makes downloading off the internet right?

today
25-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Music and films shouldn't cost so much.
Nor should games. (:

I actually think buying music singles is such a ****ing waste of effort and just wasting products to build other things..

Kyle!
25-07-2009, 05:39 PM

Bull****.

They get a lot of money, but yeah a large proportion goes to the producers etc. but the artists left with 28,000 from that 2,000,000? Complete rubbish.

AgnesIO
25-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Bull****.

They get a lot of money, but yeah a large proportion goes to the producers etc. but the artists left with 28,000 from that 2,000,000? Complete rubbish.

Well said. :)

lick
25-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Bull****.

are you an artist? no so they could be left with that for all you know

also this somes it up

http://dagobah.biz/flash/ambex_pirate.swf

today
25-07-2009, 06:57 PM
ur addicted to that link..

Immenseman
25-07-2009, 07:01 PM
innit, posting it everywhere.

illegal downloading ftw.

Feep
25-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Can't afford it more like :\

You mean you can't be assed to wait 12 hours downloading it, but you can't be bothered to order it which takes 5 mins? :rolleyes:

Don't get smug, Ill do what I want. Everybody does it.
I can't be bothered to part with £5 when I can use my £5 for better things. Like going out...

lick
25-07-2009, 10:47 PM
ur addicted to that link..

and what

Loser
25-07-2009, 11:26 PM
It doesn't feel like stealing, so it can't be bad!

Blinger1
25-07-2009, 11:32 PM
when I can use my £5 for better things. Like going out...
Paying for habbo credits does not count as going out ;)

Kyle!
25-07-2009, 11:59 PM
are you an artist? no so they could be left with that for all you know

also this somes it up

No I'm not an artist, but then that means you cannot make the same statement. How do you know they be left with that? They could have loads of money for all you know.
;)

xPrecedent
26-07-2009, 12:29 AM
I do support and I do buy products, CDs I do not. I don't even own CD player so I wouldn't go and purchase CDs to play on my computer when I can download them. I buy DVDs and Games, I download a lot of TV Shows but only because they ain't on DVD. If they released them on DVD I'd go out and buy them, I have quite a few DVDs and most of the stuff on my hard drive is TV shows, say like The Big Bang Theory, season 2 isn't on DVD so I've got it on my PC.

It doesn't cripple the industry, like Mentor said they don't loose a sale. I have well over 300 albums on my iTunes, but if I had to pay for them I would have around 50. I download music because I can and because it's so easy. With films I'm different, I'm mostly a TV guy but I have a fair few films on DVDs but I rarely, rarely download films. I'll go and buy the DVD as I like having a collection, but also having a collection of music and tv shows on my pc is something I like doing.

I also have an iTunes account with £22 in it at the moment and I've spent about £45 so far. I'm not a complete pirate, I will buy things I truly have an interest in but they can hardly sue me for downloading content which isn't available by any other means.

And Dom, £10 can be a bit to a teenage student when they don't have it, most people probably will have it but don't really want to waste it on a DVD or a game. They have other things to spend their money on.

Feep
26-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Paying for habbo credits does not count as going out ;)
I don't play habbo.

£5 would get me into a club and a drink.

Would rather do that than buy a game.

Jordan:A
26-07-2009, 01:56 AM
I thought it was only illegal if people were sharing it

Kieeran
26-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Why pay for something thats there for free...

Nxrissa
05-08-2009, 12:45 AM
if places like napster were cheaper i think people would be buying it.
as itunes is a rip off.
but then again.
why pay when you can get it free.

AgnesIO
05-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Why pay for something thats there for free...

Go into currys and steal a 50in TV, if you can get it for free, why bother paying?? :S ;)

alexxxxx
05-08-2009, 09:00 AM
it's well documented artists get very little from what they make.

Caution
05-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Go into currys and steal a 50in TV, if you can get it for free, why bother paying?? :S ;)
No, torrents are readily available. Torrent site's are designed for you to download files, it's different.

drama
05-08-2009, 09:27 AM
only thing I buy is xbox games and sometimes films, but most of the time i'll download films and music.

Kardan
05-08-2009, 09:55 AM
I would pay for the music if I could, but I simply don't have all that free cash to be spending on it, so I illegal download. I haven't torrented for ages though...

I only download music though, nothing else. TV and Films I'll wait for DVD or see it in the cinema, and games I'll buy.

bo$$
05-08-2009, 09:56 AM
I've bought any console games that I've wanted.
Any movies that I think are really good/I haven't seen but really wanna see, I usually buy from a movie store.
I've bought a few CDs that I felt were worth spending the money for (or that I just really wanted at the moment) but I do download a lot of stuff for free. I plan on buying a CD in a few days, if that counts for anything.

Jammazzz
05-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I do download illegally when I can't download from iTunes or buy CD's. Although I mainly illegally download songs that aren't released yet. =P

ItsDave
05-08-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't see the harm in downloading music, because most of the time, I only like a few songs from one album, so paying for the whole thing would be a waste of money. However I do buy games, films and TV shows. They offer so much more. There can't be something you don't like in a game, otherwise you wouldn't buy it, it would ruin it and you cant take it out, whereas in music you can. In films, you're buying one item. If the film was bad, you wouldn't buy it, if theres one part you like it, its not worth downloading. See where I'm going? Downloading music just gives you the option to download the songs you want. Many of you might just reply, ever heard of iTunes? But cant be asked man, escpecially when I know when I can get it from free and theres no issues.

Misawa
06-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I am totally against illegal downloading. At the moment, thankfully, the film industry hasn't been affected, but the music industry is actually being crippled. If illegal downloaders actually gave a damn about music, they wouldn't support piracy.

lick
06-08-2009, 05:41 PM
I am totally against illegal downloading. At the moment, thankfully, the film industry hasn't been affected, but the music industry is actually being crippled. If illegal downloaders actually gave a damn about music, they wouldn't support piracy.

if you ever make a film im gunna torrent it :eusa_danc :lol:

Misawa
06-08-2009, 05:53 PM

I'll bear that in mind.

Skajo
07-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Probably won't be worth the bandwidth.

Oleh
07-08-2009, 01:54 PM

I like you and all but i gotta disagree, Music should be about passion and entertainment, not exploiting us on how much money we should pay, if they want to sell, make it cheaper, it certainly costs considerably less to make the cd than sell it, hopefully this doesnt turn into an argument

Misawa
07-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I like you and all but i gotta disagree, Music should be about passion and entertainment, not exploiting us on how much money we should pay, if they want to sell, make it cheaper, it certainly costs considerably less to make the cd than sell it, hopefully this doesnt turn into an argument

It's a business. It can't run without the money it makes.

And Skajo, go ahead and taunt me all you want, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. But please, go ahead and tell me the next time you're working with Peter Kay and Collin Farell. At least I have the skill to work as an Executive for a multi-million pound company, right?

AgnesIO
07-08-2009, 05:42 PM

Thats like a TV. You don´t steal TV´s do you?

Last time I looked TV´s cost considerably less to make than what they charge?

Just my thought :)

Hazzles
07-08-2009, 05:54 PM
anyone monitoring this?
is it safe to say i'ma nub + limewire?
if its not, I dont ;)

Mentor
07-08-2009, 06:10 PM

And Skajo, go ahead and taunt me all you want, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. But please, go ahead and tell me the next time you're working with Peter Kay and Collin Farell. At least I have the skill to work as an Executive for a multi-million pound company, right?
Musician's generally make the bulk of there money from performing their music live. CD sales only translate in to a very small part of their earnings - most eaten on the long chain down to them.

If music is good, people will pay alot to see it and the musiction will be fine. The people who are set to loose out are the middlemen (RIAA/recording industry) The people who make the music, honestly probably profit more from piracy than they loose "/

Radio got the same reaction to start with.

lick
07-08-2009, 08:05 PM

Yeah you worked with them and im miley cyrus and live on mars

Misawa
07-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah you worked with them and im miley cyrus and live on mars

WorkING, not worked. And when I'm allowed to give out my IMDb page, you will see.

Mentor
07-08-2009, 08:26 PM
WorkING, not worked. And when I'm allowed to give out my IMDb page, you will see.
Your fully free to give out your IMDB page at any time you wish, its an independent and public record o.0

This is also getting off the original topic of piracy, which the impact of is hugely exaggerated.

Misawa
07-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Your fully free to give out your IMDB page at any time you wish, its an independent and public record o.0

This is also getting off the original topic of piracy, which the impact of is hugely exaggerated.

Yes, I am, but I like to protect our business as much as possible until things are announced publically.

Mentor
07-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes, I am, but I like to protect our business as much as possible until things are announced publically.
Getting them listed on IMDB is making them public. Even IMDB doesn't know about things its not told, i also strongly doubt the userbase on habbox is likely to make of break whatever your producing "/

Skajo
08-08-2009, 09:35 AM
You're older than me, of course you have the skill. I'll start giving you the respect you want when you step down from your high horse and give other people and companies the respect that they deserve.

Give me 4 years and I may well have the necessary skills to work along side high profile actors with multi-million pound companies. I congratulate you for AGAIN using your position (which, to be honest, I've seen nothing of - a film, a trailer, your name etc) to begrudge and demean people.

Misawa
08-08-2009, 01:34 PM
You're older than me, of course you have the skill. I'll start giving you the respect you want when you step down from your high horse and give other people and companies the respect that they deserve.

Give me 4 years and I may well have the necessary skills to work along side high profile actors with multi-million pound companies. I congratulate you for AGAIN using your position (which, to be honest, I've seen nothing of - a film, a trailer, your name etc) to begrudge and demean people.

I don't begrudge anyone anything. But when you come here taking shots at me, you're not going to see me back down. I'm a realist, I will use fact to break down those who take shots. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I just find it pathetic. So grow up.

Mrs.McCall
08-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I actually wrote an article about this for a magazine a while back. I think that piracy can be good and bad. I always support new bands and always buy tracks when it is a new band but when it comes to a band that have a huge profile (and millions of pounds) I feel no guilt about torrenting. Torrenting has also lead to people being famous and such examples include Artic Monkeys. It has a flip side because if people can easily access your music and for free, that means that you're going to be more well known but then, of course, you don't get the money.

The way I see it, torrenting comes from anger at high prices (in some cases) and accessibility. I torrent tons and tons of TV Shows and very rarely movies. The TV shows I torrent aren't ever UK ones because here in the UK I can easily catch up using free services provided by the TV companies. However, when it comes to US TV I do torrent because I cannot access the shows at all without downloading proxy software that messes things up. Here in the UK we can't use free services such as Hulu and UK stations always take forever to introduce US shows (with exception to Sky One and LOST). Look at ITV2 with Gossip Girl, they are a year behind. Living TV with grey's anatomy are 6 months behind and don't even get me started on Channel 4 with Ugly Betty. If US companies made their content more accessible (i'd even pay a subscription fee) then I wouldn't have to use illegal downloads to watch the shows I love.

I always try to buy content where I can though.

AgnesIO
08-08-2009, 04:46 PM
People need to realise, unless you live in the third world:

8 quid is NOTHING.

Niall!
08-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm going to pirate Misawas movie, or buy it first and put it on TPB, mininova and demonoid.

Misawa
08-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Wow, you're so big :rolleyes: It's okay, piracy will have no effect on any of my productions.

Niall!
08-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Wow, you're so big :rolleyes: It's okay, piracy will have no effect on any of my productions.

Then why are you against it?
It's crippling the music industry, big deal. Cripple it before rap and pop evolve into something more terrifying.

Mrs.McCall
08-08-2009, 07:16 PM

8 quid is NOTHING.

Well it might not be to some people but to others it is pricey. That's the point though. You pay up to 11 quid for an album of sometimes just 10 songs. It's a rip off.

Caution
08-08-2009, 10:12 PM

8 quid is NOTHING.
Don't be so ignorant, for some people it is. There's no way I'd buy albums on a regular basis when I can get them for free and spend money on clothes or whatever.

lick
08-08-2009, 11:01 PM

I'm going to pirate Misawas movie, or buy it first and put it on TPB, mininova and demonoid.

wooo high5

and yeah dom anyone would rather get something for free than pay for it so they torrent it

Pebbles-Tiger
08-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I think it wouldnt be a problem if iTunes didnt price so high and if the songs werent copyright protected, cause then people could use them on all their other players and Sam Brodacaster and all that fancy stuff but if its copyright protected its simply cut to iTunes and iPod only. It kinda sucks that way. And iTunes price wayyyyyyyyy to high, its just stupid that they want so much for 1 stupid song that would eventually get old? I'd rather buy an App for my iPod Touch and have fun on that app for ages instead of 1 stupid song.

Prices are just wayy to high, and im not poor either I get alot of money but the prices for a song and stuff are just ridiculous

AgnesIO
09-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Well it might not be to some people but to others it is pricey. That's the point though. You pay up to 11 quid for an album of sometimes just 10 songs. It's a rip off.

I´d love to see the people that NEVER purchase CD´s (as some people have some credit, as they do..) to play the instruments that the artists play. yeh, I remember now, 99.9% of them can´t :)

Jammazzz
09-08-2009, 09:22 AM
I think it wouldnt be a problem if iTunes didnt price so high and if the songs werent copyright protected, cause then people could use them on all their other players and Sam Brodacaster and all that fancy stuff but if its copyright protected its simply cut to iTunes and iPod only.

I only thought some of the songs had copyright protection on? Because I buy some of my songs on iTunes and I can convert them into MP3 easily. Although my The Saturdays album is copyrighted and I purchased that aaaages ago. :eusa_wall

kieranlee999
09-08-2009, 09:41 AM
ban illegal downloading because it is wrong buy cd because if u broadcast a downloaded ilegaly song voer sam broadvaster it sounds terible

kieranlee999
09-08-2009, 09:42 AM
yh it is true and what is quick reply

Edited by Robbie! (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not double post within the time limit

Niall!
09-08-2009, 11:28 AM
I´d love to see the people that NEVER purchase CD´s (as some people have some credit, as they do..) to play the instruments that the artists play. yeh, I remember now, 99.9% of them can´t :)

I can, I'm just not going into the music industry. Mainly because of people like me.

AgnesIO
09-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I can, I'm just not going into the music industry. Mainly because of people like me.

Yeh like you are a pro musician. :S

Niall!
09-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Never said I was. But I can at least play the drums and some guitar.

Also, who are you to say how good I am at anything? You don't even know me.

Mentor
09-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Itunes is rubbish and overpriced, if you want legal music check http://www.comparedownload.com/ to see what the cheapest place to legally download a song or album is. (Amazon is useually only a 3rd the price itunes is)

AgnesIO
09-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Never said I was. But I can at least play the drums and some guitar.

Also, who are you to say how good I am at anything? You don't even know me.

Yeh however if you were that good I think you might be playing professionally_

I can, I'm just not going into the music industry

That post indicated that you were saying you were just as good as professionals. :$

le harry
09-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I love illegal downloading. Only music however. Takes me 15 minutes and $15 to go to the shops and buy an album orrrrrrrr 15 second and $0 to double click a few things in BitTorrent or Limewire! Enjoy being good citizens, ****!

Jordy
09-08-2009, 06:51 PM
I love illegal downloading. Only music however. Takes me 15 minutes and $15 to go to the shops and buy an album orrrrrrrr 15 second and $0 to double click a few things in BitTorrent or Limewire! Enjoy being good citizens, ****!Aren't they gonna block bittorrenting in Australia when that new Internet Filter comes in (No pr0nz for you either).

All iTunes songs are now DRM-Free btw so you can no longer use than as an excuse, I've bought more from iTunes since this has come into place but I still get the majority from BitTorrent.

Stefy09
09-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Alot of the games and movies I download I find pretty crap and I would rather download something I wanted and find out whether it's crap than waste money on something I will watch/play once.

Bun
10-08-2009, 09:30 AM
why would i pay for something when i could get it free lol? :S

Rapidshare
10-08-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm a heavy downloader, always have and always will be.

AgnesIO
10-08-2009, 06:05 PM
why would i pay for something when i could get it free lol? :S

You can get ANYTHING for free if you tried :rolleyes:

Feep
10-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I down load all my stuff with rapidshare premium account. It cost me £5 a month.

Download pretty much anything you can think of

lick
10-08-2009, 08:56 PM
You can get ANYTHING for free if you tried :rolleyes:

That was just a useless post, now stop posting utter ** and pretending to be rich

Caution
10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
You can get ANYTHING for free if you tried :rolleyes: BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY. U N D E R S T A N D. You can't go and steal out of shops because obviously, they're not designed for that. You can however steal/download from torrent sites because that is their purpose. I can't think that many teenagers would pay for music when it's readily available for free.:S

lll3lucky
10-08-2009, 09:18 PM
well to each his own. i think it's just so easy to get free downloads and that is why it's done.:eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_naug:eusa_shhh

HotelUser
11-08-2009, 03:21 AM
In my opinion it's unethical, although I'm guilty of it on the occasion (even something so small as just listening to a protected song on youtube or Dizzler).

Then again, if the price is outrageous and you wouldn't buy it anyways, then it could somewhat be justified to pirate certain applications. However some people just go nuts and pirate absolutely everything. There are quite a lot of good freeware alternatives to a great deal of payware. The problem is, a lot of decent freeware isn't highly advertised, or well known.

AgnesIO
11-08-2009, 07:42 AM
That was just a useless post, now stop posting utter ** and pretending to be rich

Yeh how is that "pretending to be rich" Gapu?

I was pointing out that you can get anything for free if you tried. I didn´t mention cent´s in that post once?

Black_Apalachi
11-08-2009, 07:44 AM
I just keep a personal vow then when/if I get extremely rich, I'll walk into HMV with my hard drive and a grand and just say, "Right, I need every album on here. Kapeesh?" :P. Then they'd all just be kept in a library at my house or something and never opened.

AgnesIO
11-08-2009, 07:47 AM
I just keep a personal vow then when/if I get extremely rich, I'll walk into HMV with my hard drive and a grand and just say, "Right, I need every album on here. Kapeesh?" :P. Then they'd all just be kept in a library at my house or something and never opened.

haha, you will get very rich then go bust "Right now I am rich lets waste it!" :D

Loving the idea though haha. You could charge people to listen to WHATEVER songs they like, on the deal they can get free drinks at your house :P

Black_Apalachi
11-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Lol I didn't think of it like that :P.

ToxicMint
13-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I dont see any reason for illegal downloading, I can never find anything I want when I try to download stuff this way, I just use iTunes, means you get professional quality without having to buy a whole CD etc.

x-glow
13-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Tbh I dont think it is bad at all, Im using a nulled version of windows atm, like I downloaded that, one thing I dont download is music, cause you can get caught esaly, instead I get every album realsed a week for £3 a week. Not bad really, consifdering Im getting a profit off £34.76 a week @ school selling them, and movies I get profit too, but downloading tbh isnt bad. Also cause ive got every albumk out scince 2004, I dont really need to download it.

Inspiration
13-08-2009, 12:55 PM
In my opinion It's fine to download illegal software offline as long as it Isn't too extreme.

Music is also fine to download if your not using "limewire" etc as it can be risky!
However when you come to more expensive things it can be dangerous and risky so going back on point it depends on what your downloading :)

AgnesIO
13-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Tbh I dont think it is bad at all, Im using a nulled version of windows atm, like I downloaded that, one thing I dont download is music, cause you can get caught esaly, instead I get every album realsed a week for £3 a week. Not bad really, consifdering Im getting a profit off £34.76 a week @ school selling them, and movies I get profit too, but downloading tbh isnt bad. Also cause ive got every albumk out scince 2004, I dont really need to download it.

That is probably the worst, most pathetic, complete crap I have heard on this forum.

I haven´t heard more ******** on this forum than that..

So you have:

EVERY album released since 2004?! You do realise that is in the 1,000s
You say buying music is reasonable, yet you use nulled windows! Surely a safe OS, that you know will have a warranty is better than nulled crap?
You can get caught easily?! The only people that get caught are people that download 1000s of pounds worth of music. Microsoft are more likely to care about windows than music (which they don´t own..)
Bit of a random number isn´t it? 34.76 pounds per week? *** :S Where did you get that figure from?!

J0SH
13-08-2009, 05:20 PM
It's great, I download all the time I've even used up my 500GB space. :(

Lost
17-08-2009, 05:25 PM
It's amazing for people on the internet, because it's any music you want; for free. However it's really bad for companies like HMV or Virgin, places like that. I got some HMV vouchers a couple of birthday's ago and now I get amazon vouchers because HMV is so crap and pointless whereas you can just do it online. It's also bad for the music artists because they're not getting their fair pay if people are illegaly downloading their music, which is why iTunes is so good because the singles are so cheap, safe, virus free, AND it's legal. I sometimes actually buy music from itunes since I get itunes music vouchers, it's really handy and good. As long as things like iTunes are still on the net, i'm sure everything will be fine. But in reality I guess this will be a massive problem in the future as more people are illegaly downloading music/videos etc than actually paying for them (legally downloading).

I'm actually quite ignorant on this topic because as long as i'm getting my music for free I really don't care, but I suppose I have to look outside my little ignorant bubble and see artists's careers getting effected, not to mention all the bad things involved with illegaly downloading such as, getting charged, recieving virus's and of course the songs being tampered with and have something wrong with them.

samsaBEAR
20-08-2009, 07:57 AM
To those saying that downloading is harming artists, you are wrong :) It's been proven that downloading helps artists in about 5 different studies. Personally i download everything, if i buy a cd on a whim, and hate it, that't £8 down the drain, but if i download it, it doesn't matter :) the majority of bands i like are american, and not on huge labels, so they'll charge extra for posting to the uk. I'm a student, so i'm also very poor, but just because i can't afford music, doesn't mean i shouldn't listen to it? 9 times out of 10 i'll go see them live anyway, or buy merch, so It's not like they lose out. Downloading is quick and easy, unless i become very rich i'll always download :) apologies for the lack of paragraphs, i'm the first one awake after a party and needed to use up all my free internet minutes :D

AgnesIO
20-08-2009, 09:16 AM
To those saying that downloading is harming artists, you are wrong :) It's been proven that downloading helps artists in about 5 different studies. Personally i download everything, if i buy a cd on a whim, and hate it, that't £8 down the drain, but if i download it, it doesn't matter :) the majority of bands i like are american, and not on huge labels, so they'll charge extra for posting to the uk. I'm a student, so i'm also very poor, but just because i can't afford music, doesn't mean i shouldn't listen to it? 9 times out of 10 i'll go see them live anyway, or buy merch, so It's not like they lose out. Downloading is quick and easy, unless i become very rich i'll always download :) apologies for the lack of paragraphs, i'm the first one awake after a party and needed to use up all my free internet minutes :D

So not giving the artists your money is helpful?

Bulllllll

samsaBEAR
20-08-2009, 11:06 AM
It's been proven many times, when i'm on a pc i'll post some links

Jssy
20-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah I download music sometime's.
My dad used to give me a tenner a week I wont go into details on how he hit my sister but yeah I stopped seeing him so I don't get any more.
I'm trying to get a paperround :D and as said most teens can't afford to buy things.

Hushie
20-08-2009, 02:33 PM
So not giving the artists your money is helpful?

Bulllllll

It helps new artists become popular, how else are they gonna make it big if nobody can listen to their music?

AgnesIO
20-08-2009, 02:38 PM
It helps new artists become popular, how else are they gonna make it big if nobody can listen to their music?

Youtube, myspace, facebook, bebo, word of mouth, advertisements, local music festivals, getting in contact with labels.

Chippiewill
20-08-2009, 04:46 PM
They can appear on habbo!

Also my way of thinking is that it is like tax, under 18s shouldn't have to pay. And under 21s shouldn't have to pay if it's over £1000 :P

Caution
20-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Youtube, myspace, facebook, bebo, word of mouth, advertisements, local music festivals, getting in contact with labels.

Why are you so determined to spend money when it's not necessary? :S

Oleh
20-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Its not illegal until you get caught ;)

Rapidshare premium £55
internet access £12
all the free downloads you want Priceless

Coding
20-08-2009, 06:05 PM
dom = total hypocrite.

you asked how to download eset anti virus in the tech forums. don't have a go at other people for it when you do it yourself.

The Professor
20-08-2009, 10:16 PM
I only download things I wouldn't otherwise buy. I do my best to buy PSP games and stuff and I'm using Spotify rather than illegally downloading music to listen to on my computer, although that doesn't work for my mp3 player so yeah thats kinda a lie :P

What I have done, however, is donate money to a couple of people that take a different approach to the standard model. There's a guy called Jonathan Coulton who wrote the end music in the game Portal who's songs are really nice. He puts them all up on his site and half encourages people to pirate them and if they like them, he has a donate button as well as itunes links and stuff that lets you give him money. I've also done the same to some people that make freeware, namely the makers of mp3tag. That's the way downloading should be going, paying for each song just makes people want to pirate!

Cwmbran
20-08-2009, 10:25 PM
I illegally download, but only to a certain extent.

I will happily illegally download blockbuster films and big music artists songs as it really is not going to harm their income.

Although I refuse to illegally download music from smaller unknown bands, and I will happily give them my money as I wish to help them.

Zak
21-08-2009, 01:42 AM
I hate companies that produce these movies/songs and make millions.. then complain about the little amount they are actually losing due to illegal downloading...

AgnesIO
21-08-2009, 08:31 AM
dom = total hypocrite.

you asked how to download eset anti virus in the tech forums. don't have a go at other people for it when you do it yourself.

1) Thats because I have never used it, and considering its not even for ME (Its for my DAD's pc) do you seriously think I am going to pay £40 for something that isn't even for my use?

I have actually pointed out that downloading things like CS4 and software I have nothing against since it is HUGELY over priced (£400 for CS4, **** that :\)

I am referring to music where the artists constantly practice, and then get all their effort ripped from them.

N!ck
21-08-2009, 02:08 PM
The stuff I illegally download I usually wouldn't have bought anyway so no one's losing out, just me gaining :).

lick
21-08-2009, 03:15 PM
1) Thats because I have never used it, and considering its not even for ME (Its for my DAD's pc) do you seriously think I am going to pay £40 for something that isn't even for my use?

I have actually pointed out that downloading things like CS4 and software I have nothing against since it is HUGELY over priced (£400 for CS4, **** that :\)

I am referring to music where the artists constantly practice, and then get all their effort ripped from them.

Its the same thing :S so dont try and say otherwise

Hushie
21-08-2009, 03:21 PM

And the huge amounts of people that work on software obviously aren't having their effort ripped from them... :rolleyes:

AgnesIO
21-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Whoever -repped 'hypocrite' leave your names wimps.

And before some idiot who has posted in this thread came in - not mentioning a name.. I clearly said I DO download software, I DO I DO I DO.

But I do NOT download music and DVD's.

Ul x

Coding
22-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Whoever -repped 'hypocrite' leave your names wimps.

And before some idiot who has posted in this thread came in - not mentioning a name.. I clearly said I DO download software, I DO I DO I DO.

But I do NOT download music and DVD's.

Ul x
how do we lose? you're the one whos moaning at people for downloading yet you do it urself? looooooooool.

define hypocrite:
Dom C

whether you download software, music or films it's still theft. software is a lot more costly than music in some cases so it's even worse

AgnesIO
22-08-2009, 04:26 PM
how do we lose? you're the one whos moaning at people for downloading yet you do it urself? looooooooool.

define hypocrite:
Dom C

whether you download software, music or films it's still theft. software is a lot more costly than music in some cases so it's even worse

Software isn't so costly it is worth 40 TIMES more than a CD.

Anyway I love you, and I do not wish to argue with you. :eusa_whis

Black_Apalachi
22-08-2009, 04:32 PM
The stuff I illegally download I usually wouldn't have bought anyway so no one's losing out, just me gaining :).

That's a good point :P. I'm the same. I've never bought a DVD in my life (for myself) and have only downloaded a few movies. There's no chance I'd ever have been able to buy all the music I might have :eusa_whis.

Coding
22-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Software isn't so costly it is worth 40 TIMES more than a CD.

Anyway I love you, and I do not wish to argue with you. :eusa_whis

so it's more costly.. ;s

VirtualG
03-09-2009, 07:30 AM
It's terrible, you shouldn't do it. But im still gonna.

Pretty much the same here. I dont download coz it's free, I do it because it's more convenient, with things like istores you have to go though a whole big process. And liike said above, if i didn't download I wouldn't buy anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!