PDA

View Full Version : DJ Panel ideas

ChrissehB
12-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Hey guys :)

Well... A while back I was really bored and decided I would code a DJ Panel. I ended up almost finishing it and then getting bored of it. This morning I finished it and I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what else to put on it. Its current features:
-Full PM System
-Login system
-Banning
-Admins / Normal DJ's
-View radio details
-Timetable
-Request Line
-Alert system (Alert IP/Alert everyone)
-DJ Chat
-User list with online/offline
-Login logs, Viewing server detail logs, Alert logs
-Shoutcast admin login
-Kick DJ
-DJ Says
-Admin Says
-Automatic stats
-Automatic radio player
-Create/Edit/Add/Delete/Suspend User
-Edit own account
-Customise Home Page (HTML + PHP Allowed)

I've tried to make it as secure as possible, all forms are mysql_real_escape_string'd with strip tags etc. Passwords are SHA1 encrypted.

What else can be added in the next version? And I think I'm going to sell it, not expensive but just to make a small profit from my hard work.

Already thought of features:
-Forums
-Banned Songs
-Rules list
-News

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1250/isla.png

Thanks, Chris

Dye
12-07-2009, 03:44 PM
I don't mean to be rude but that's just about the same features as HouseKeeping Guy?

I would add some features to it like,

- DJOTW
- Spotlight
- A section for adding their habbo names to an external page (staff list)

ChrissehB
12-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Okay, I have no idea what that is lol, first time on this forum. And its not particularly habbo based. It's just a general DJ Panel.

Thanks, Chris

BoyBetterKnow
12-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Wow ?

Caleb & Dan start coding panels and all of a sudden everyones interested.

You will get blown out of the water. But good luck with it anyway. Do it to improve your skills :)

Blob
12-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Wow ?

Caleb & Dan start coding panels and all of a sudden everyones interested.

You will get blown out of the water. But good luck with it anyway. Do it to improve your skills :)

Yep, that was my theory aswell :P lol

Fehm
13-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Leave it to the prof's dude :)

Skajo
13-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Leave it to the prof's dude :)
Why should he?

Fehm
13-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Because there's no point what so ever. Not when there's 2 in development I know of, if not 3....I don't see the point when he could practice doing something a lot more beneficial to himself and the community?

That was my opinion. Respect that.

Trinity
14-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Because there's no point what so ever. Not when there's 2 in development I know of, if not 3....I don't see the point when he could practice doing something a lot more beneficial to himself and the community?

But creating this panel will improve his skills so that eventually he can create something that may benefit the community even more. See, there is a point :)

And he never disrespected your opinion, he simply questioned it :)

Blinger1
14-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Because there's no point what so ever. Not when there's 2 in development I know of, if not 3....
Thats like saying "Well Yahoo/Microsoft/Google... there are three of you, sorry.. one of you cannot continue to develop your search engine!"

Skajo
14-07-2009, 08:34 AM

That wasn't an opinion dude, you were demeaning him and his idea and it will be beneficial to him as he will improve his skills and maybe because a professional. If that is what you call an opinion, your opinion is wrong.

Don't be so harsh.

BoyBetterKnow
14-07-2009, 10:12 AM
But creating this panel will improve his skills so that eventually he can create something that may benefit the community even more. See, there is a point :)

And he never disrespected your opinion, he simply questioned it :)

Yes agreed with imroving skills, but why release it and make a thread about it ? :)

That wasn't an opinion dude, you were demeaning him and his idea and it will be beneficial to him as he will improve his skills and maybe because a professional. If that is what you call an opinion, your opinion is wrong.

Don't be so harsh.

Ooh SpinningTurtleDove, I remember u :) And I think the thread starter should make it but no need to be so public about it.

Trinity
14-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes agreed with imroving skills, but why release it and make a thread about it ? :)

If he releases it, then other people can pick apart his code and tell him where he needs to improve etc.
The people in the thread could give him ideas for panel features that he'd never have thought of otherwise, so he'll end up with a much wider skill set afterwards.

I'm not sure if the last bit made sense, but I'm too lazy to reword it.

BoyBetterKnow
14-07-2009, 03:40 PM
If he releases it, then other people can pick apart his code and tell him where he needs to improve etc.
The people in the thread could give him ideas for panel features that he'd never have thought of otherwise, so he'll end up with a much wider skill set afterwards.

I'm not sure if the last bit made sense, but I'm too lazy to reword it.

Point taken. Good point about people giving him ideas I suppose ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!